14:26, Tue 16 Jan
Similar to me, there’s part of me that doesn’t trust him and I’m not quite sure why.

However, the deals he is putting in place are fantastic, and should really benefit the club in the long run.

Also think he’s been a victim of his own success, we made great progress in the first few months inc communication but think due to things that can’t change in the short run (turnstiles queues ect) people have unrealistically high expectations.

Maybe I was harsh with a 6, I knocked a couple of points off for Rooney but I did like the ambition of it and if it had worked he’d be on a 10.
Gazball?
14:27, Tue 16 Jan
Off the field has been nigh on perfect.

We're talking to & partnering with organisations, making plans we couldn't imagine 12 months ago.

On field was a gamble possibly worth taking, it didn't work but was fixed soon eough before any harm was done.

I'd dare imagine there are other things going on that we're not privy to which could be very exciting....
Birmingham City: coming up with new ways to ruin your weekend since 1875
14:30, Tue 16 Jan
Pirate Blue
Out of ten? I would give him a three..
Whilst communication better...Some schoolboy errors for someone so experienced
Noticeable Wagner took the reigns on the Mowbray appointment conversation
and no Cook grandstanding and big words at Mowbrays first news con..
Appreciate Rome wasnt built in a day but some of the facilities.toilets etc on saturday were not working properly.disgusting state. basic stuff really

What are you trying to achieve with this post?

Toxic.
Mandated as the Poster of Reason - October 2023
14:36, Tue 16 Jan
opinion and debate
14:39, Tue 16 Jan
Pirate Blue
opinion and debate

You can do that by starting with a positive post. As a fan base it feels like we are determined to hit self destruct and be negative and cynical about everything.

Can never be happy and always need a scapegoat.
Mandated as the Poster of Reason - October 2023
14:43, Tue 16 Jan
I give him a 9. Honestly, million miles better than the BSHL regime. Yes he might be controversial, but you don't get anwywhere in business just by being nice to people all the time.
14:51, Tue 16 Jan
Easy 8

Grounds looking much better

Repairs have been pretty on track even nicely navigated the issue with the company going into admin

Visible presence

Fan engagement..e.g open house

Community engagement. The foundation, visits to schools.

Commercial deals. Big one announced within the last week. Hopefully others to come. Maybe a custom Nike kit.

Lost points for Rooney. I'm not bothered he wasn't at the mowbray interview he doesn't generally attend pre match interviews and it allowed it to be all about mowbray and less about cook or Rooney.

We'd not have even had a lick of paint with the last lot.
Tam
15:03, Tue 16 Jan
A solid 8, I'd say. The off field dealings and the potential for the club are exciting, and the rebuilding of the infrastructure is impressive, and very welcome.

The whole Eustace/Rooney saga was a pretty obvious blip and rendered the atmosphere around the club pretty toxic and set the club back temporarily at least. Points regained for a solid, sensible and popular choice in Mowbray.

Mistakes or not, I'm glad we've got him.
Make Blues Great Again
Got to be a solid 8, he has aggressively attacked our to do list, the stadium, training ground, revenue, brand awareness etc. Nobody is perfect, we all make mistakes, GC has made some big mistakes but we dust ourselves down and carry on. I am very excited for our future and Gary Cook is integral to these plans.
yep fair enough..
15:20, Tue 16 Jan
Tam
I think my biggest gripe was the backward momentum re rooney when it wasnt required.its not as if we havent been through it before re zola.just feel the eustace to mowbray type of appointment would have been a much better transition further down the line and Cook should have been experienced enough to see it..but i guess in the grand scheme of things will be seen as a blip..
15:21, Tue 16 Jan
6 for me.

Has done some fantastic work off the field and with the ground etc, not necessarily seen the benefits right away of the deals he’s struck, but obviously they’re long term projects and not expected to see within 6 months (but I like to see it first before giving full full credit) but ultimately ranked down from probably a 8/9 due to the Rooney debacle.

Ultimately if Wagner hadn’t stepped in we likely would have negated any commercial benefit by playing in league 1 next year.

Ultimately now as of January the 16th I’m very happy with where the club is, I think we’ve got a great manager for the division, announcing some exciting partnerships, and hopefully we see some stuff start coming to fruition (like we have with the ground)
15:25, Tue 16 Jan
we were going to make a mistake with a manager hire at some point, this season probably the one which would be the easiest to get away with it, so better to make that learning now with less at stake.

the Mowbray appointment shows they have learnt already, and Cook will have genuinely thought Rooney was the right man, it was a decision made with the best intentions.
15:38, Tue 16 Jan
Docky91
Ultimately if Wagner hadn’t stepped in we likely would have negated any commercial benefit by playing in league 1 next year.

Do we know it was Wagner? I think it’s more likely Cook decided enough was enough.
Gazball?
15:41, Tue 16 Jan
11 out of 10.

Already aligned us with partners who will help transform the club for coming years.
Recognised Eustace wasn't the man to get us where we need to be.
Made a mistake with Rooney, but with good intentions and will have increased our brand awareness globally.
Admitted the mistake and corrected it with the perfect appointment. This is huge, the maturity to stop-change-restart gets him more credit than if he'd just got it right first time and we'd have less confidence in his ability to flex in pursuit of the overall project.

Up the Tony, Garry & Tom - the dream team with the right strengths, experience & contacts for each role.

(side note - I've eaten a lot of mini eggs and may be on a sugar high)