12:10, Wed 17 Jan
There was a thread a few months back when this was raised.. and i actually mentioned herbert road. It is loonacy how they are allowed to leave rust buckets on public road.

You literally have to slalom your way though those back roads for all the cars left on the street and the council do eff all. Double yellows? No bother.

But you park on a double anywhere else and they fine you.
12:15, Wed 17 Jan
Adderley Park is on the line to Birmingham International and Marston Green.
If we had a new stadium and all sorts of other things there a new station would be great.
Get people to park out and get the train in. Safe parking and less congestion at the ground
If you had 40,000 coming to games at the Wheels the traffic would potentially be horrendous. Improving the public transport would be essential.
Lots of trains to and from New Street and International and a shuttle service to Curzon street.
It's walkable from Duddeston as well for the cross city line.
And get a tram line/ spur there.

The train lines are already very close so using them a lot more makes sense.
I always thought Sullivan missed a massive opportunity with the Gil Merrick Stand. I know it would have been more expensive, but having a station actually at the ground would have been brilliant.
You can then have parking a few miles away.
12:16, Wed 17 Jan
its the main reason why parking near the ground has got so difficult

over the last 5+ years every unit and industrial space off herbert road is now a car scrap yard/breaker with hundreds of broken cars abandoned on the streets and pavements when they were previously clear of any cars at all

its crazy
12:24, Wed 17 Jan
Looks like a scene from 'escape from new york'!
12:25, Wed 17 Jan
Or build a massive multi-storey car park and build the stadium on top. Not everyone wants to spend time with the general public on pikey public transport.
12:35, Wed 17 Jan
Sunik
the cess pit of an area it resides in.

Less of the daily mailism's please.

No. It's a cess pit of an area.

Your move.
12:37, Wed 17 Jan
BluenoseMo
I wouldn’t want to chance parking anywhere around the ground so would have to travel by train which isn’t ideal for night matches.

There are plenty of manned car parks within walking distance.
Gazball?
12:38, Wed 17 Jan
Thongs
Or build a massive multi-storey car park and build the stadium on top. Not everyone wants to spend time with the general public on pikey public transport.

Public transport with the great unwashed, fills me with dread
What did the Knights in White satin?
12:39, Wed 17 Jan
Why would Villa fans be on those trains?
12:40, Wed 17 Jan
Sheep2
Adderley Park is on the line to Birmingham International and Marston Green.
If we had a new stadium and all sorts of other things there a new station would be great.
Get people to park out and get the train in. Safe parking and less congestion at the ground
If you had 40,000 coming to games at the Wheels the traffic would potentially be horrendous. Improving the public transport would be essential.
Lots of trains to and from New Street and International and a shuttle service to Curzon street.
It's walkable from Duddeston as well for the cross city line.
And get a tram line/ spur there.

The train lines are already very close so using them a lot more makes sense.
I always thought Sullivan missed a massive opportunity with the Gil Merrick Stand. I know it would have been more expensive, but having a station actually at the ground would have been brilliant.
You can then have parking a few miles away.

From a crowd modelling and management perspective you don't want a station actually at the ground. The walk spaces people out and people are subconsciously much happier moving than being stood in a queue.

If thousands of people are dumped out on your doorstep you have nowhere to queue them.
Mandated as the Poster of Reason - October 2023
12:44, Wed 17 Jan
Stick a pub in the station, that should act as a filter.

Pretty sure the reason it wasn’t built was due to Network rail/train companies wanting a percentage of revenue from the tickets sold in the stand.
Gazball?
12:49, Wed 17 Jan
Stick a pub in the station, that should act as a filter.

Pretty sure the reason it wasn’t built was due to Network rail/train companies wanting a percentage of revenue from the tickets sold in the stand.

That and it would only be used c. 25 days a year. A new station, based on the published costs for the Camp Hill Line reinstatements is in the region of £20m.
12:53, Wed 17 Jan
Late Sixties early Seventies there was a thought of "Rebuilding" the ground.
Amongst some of the ideas was turning the pitch 90 degrees.
Building a railway station at the "Gil Merrick" end with direct access to the ground.
Finally building an under ground car park underneath the pitch.
14:02, Wed 17 Jan
Get your head out the sand it's worse than a cesspit
14:29, Wed 17 Jan
The amount of times upon leaving the ground seeing stripped cars or car glass on the floor is now a common occurrence. And as I approach my car after a game its a huge relief its still in tact. It shouldn't be like that. My car got broken into in 1996 and despite having a season ticket it put me off going big style so I seldom went until about 1999. And then I paid for parking. I try and go by train but most the time they're on strike. Midweek games are more tricky on the train going back late into deepest Shropshire.
Thing is if I feel like this then there must be others who feel the same, potentially its lost support and revenue. The club is limited to what it can do but what it can do is put pressure on those that can do something about it like the police and maybe the council. The police can't be everywhere but surely they can set up traps for these scumbags and pounce on them in the areas they operate in. They must have enough data on hot spots where it happens. The police are good at setting up traps for going 34mph in a 30mph limit so this should be easy low hanging fruit for them. What is happening on the streets whilst a match is on is "real" crime and it needs sorting. Msybe this subject needs to be brought up at the next club/ fans forum?