08:46, Thu 18 Jan
There have always been parts of Birmingham that are/were regarded as rough. I remember late 70’s after I had moved away attending a meeting in Brum and telling the ‘chaps’ at the meeting I was staying in Saltley at my family’s house. They responded like I was going to a war zone. One even asked if I’d be ‘alright’ 😂.I have to say back then Nechells Green/Duddeston Mill were a lot livelier places. Never bothered me because I had a turn of speed.

People either get or are born wealthier and look down on poorer areas and people, everywhere. It was ever thus. Castle Vale was regarded as rough as feck back then, it was the reservation that working class people were moved out to from slum demolition. I imagine if you were born there it was pretty survivable and on the whole non life-threatening.
08:54, Thu 18 Jan
Charcy
Dave1991
Mozball
BluenoseMo
I wouldn’t want to chance parking anywhere around the ground so would have to travel by train which isn’t ideal for night matches.

There are plenty of manned car parks within walking distance.

Any on the South side of the ground? I come from Cheltenham and I'm not aware of any within 1 mile of the ground

There's one on Arthur Street

There is? Where?
09:37, Thu 18 Jan
Is that “Parkeng”? Didn’t know that was still going. There’s a used car dealer with a warehouse and there’s a sign outside saying match day parkeng. Jenkins street also has one and you can use an app to park in Morrisons I believe which is a bit safer than a street.
Gazball?
13:05, Thu 18 Jan
Just looked. Eastside Motors, junction with Bolton Street. It's probably one of the places that have been mentioned on this thread the rest of the week.
Mandated as the Poster of Reason - October 2023
13:15, Thu 18 Jan
There’s one on Jenkins Street, cov road end, parked there saturday, £7
...you can pre book at Morrisons, for example if the Boro game was still on the 27th, would cost £2.50

[www.yourparkingspace.co.uk]