14:32, Wed 17 Jan
I'd expect that the new ground will have vastly improved public transport infrastructure AND plenty of parking facilities.

I'd probably move Cooke up to an 8/10 if he can deliver that.
14:51, Wed 17 Jan
Mozball
BluenoseMo
I wouldn’t want to chance parking anywhere around the ground so would have to travel by train which isn’t ideal for night matches.

There are plenty of manned car parks within walking distance.

Any on the South side of the ground? I come from Cheltenham and I'm not aware of any within 1 mile of the ground
15:02, Wed 17 Jan
You'd think Plod would welcome an easy few nicks.
shd
19:53, Wed 17 Jan
bluearmyfaction

Too much like hardwork for the plod

As I say, if you see a fellow bluenose in the car in front, gave a chat to see if you’re both leaving the game at the same time, and if so, park as close as you can…nose to nose

Make it is difficult as possible for the thieving b#%^ards !!!!
20:06, Wed 17 Jan
Thongs
Or build a massive multi-storey car park and build the stadium on top. Not everyone wants to spend time with the general public on pikey public transport.

wouldn't it be easier to build the car park under the stadium ?
20:41, Wed 17 Jan
bluearmyfaction

Courts are full prisons are full.

Mine was done outside home last summer. Same night two others were done nearby. Not long after bloke was pulled and admitted sixty odd offences in Mere Green Four Oaks area.

Not only at football this happens. The car manufacturers should do more it only takes a few minutes and no alarm or sensors set off.

Don’t think it’s something that happens all the time the odd match there will be a couple. Mate said it happened to a car parked next to him down VP last season.
20:50, Wed 17 Jan
It’s an absolute shithole
20:59, Wed 17 Jan
It’s an absolute shithole

Exactly - the wider area has be referred to by most as 'Little Mogadishu' for 20 years or more.

And they didn't mean it as a celebration of the diversity of the area.
21:09, Wed 17 Jan
colinp
Get your head out the sand it's worse than a cesspit

Used to love it in way back walking up past all the abandoned factories on Arden road, then either over the sulphurous wasteland that I suppose is the wheels site, or past the rather slummy houses that romantically had a pub on every corner. The streets were lined with kids offering their own particular valet services to those brave enough to park.

I guess it might be slummier and more abandoned now but it was never that salubrious. Just ask the Peaky blinders.
21:12, Wed 17 Jan
Sunik
I'd expect that the new ground will have vastly improved public transport infrastructure AND plenty of parking facilities.

Hahahaha you spelt Cooke with an ‘e’! When did you dream this up?
21:16, Wed 17 Jan
There's an epidemic of this type of car crime. They always seem to go for the same type of car. In this case a Corsa. Toyota Aygos too. They all seem to be cars popular with food delivery. Let's face it they have loads of bumps, probably have only 3rd party insurance so need to fix them on the cheap.

With a bit of effort the police could track down these chop shops that are buying stolen parts and get them closed down. Another example of broken Britain.
21:58, Wed 17 Jan
This was my question at the last forum

Unfortunately didn’t make the cut or get an answer.
22:01, Wed 17 Jan
Sunik

There's plenty of safe parking at the moment. You just have to pay for it
22:08, Wed 17 Jan
Mozball
Stick a pub in the station, that should act as a filter.

Pretty sure the reason it wasn’t built was due to Network rail/train companies wanting a percentage of revenue from the tickets sold in the stand.

For 60000 people?
Mandated as the Poster of Reason - October 2023
22:14, Wed 17 Jan
macca salop blue
The amount of times upon leaving the ground seeing stripped cars or car glass on the floor is now a common occurrence. And as I approach my car after a game its a huge relief its still in tact. It shouldn't be like that. My car got broken into in 1996 and despite having a season ticket it put me off going big style so I seldom went until about 1999. And then I paid for parking. I try and go by train but most the time they're on strike. Midweek games are more tricky on the train going back late into deepest Shropshire.
Thing is if I feel like this then there must be others who feel the same, potentially its lost support and revenue. The club is limited to what it can do but what it can do is put pressure on those that can do something about it like the police and maybe the council. The police can't be everywhere but surely they can set up traps for these scumbags and pounce on them in the areas they operate in. They must have enough data on hot spots where it happens. The police are good at setting up traps for going 34mph in a 30mph limit so this should be easy low hanging fruit for them. What is happening on the streets whilst a match is on is "real" crime and it needs sorting. Msybe this subject needs to be brought up at the next club/ fans forum?

Why are you comparing a camera that sits stationary, and in plain view, that thousands upon thousands of cars drive past with a relatively obscure crime that would need some actual targeting.

To be fair what you deem as an irrelevant crime is the one that is most likely to cause physical harm to others.
Mandated as the Poster of Reason - October 2023