23:49, Thu 18 Jan
Juke is legend. But Legends are in the past. If Juke can get a new contract, and we can get his wages off the books them I’m in
The fact that Jellyfish have survived for 500 million years without a brain, must give hope to a lot of people
23:52, Thu 18 Jan
Considering what we've gone through over the past decade with owners absolutely running the club into the ground, it's effing incredible we didn't get relegated. As close as we got to it, we always had a bit of fight in us that somehow allowed us to get the points we needed when it looked like we were finished. Juke was a huge part of that so for me, he's a legend. Had we gone down, who knows what the situation would be at the club now but it's very likely things would look a lot less positive than they currently do.

We're aiming to be a different club to what we were whilst he was here - we need better players than Juke was at his prime for us so if someone wants to take him off our hands now, we should accept whatever they offer but that doesn't take anything away from the job he did for us.

People always say nonsense like "giving 100% is the bare minimum we should expect" but you'd be foolish to expect that because very few players actually do it. Juke did.
00:24, Fri 19 Jan
Spot on Pete. If these muppets who expect 100% as a minimum requirement gave 100% minimum themselves maybe they’d be representing Blues and scoring goals instead of having opinions on the internet whilst slacking off from work.
07:03, Fri 19 Jan
Petebaldwin
Considering what we've gone through over the past decade with owners absolutely running the club into the ground, it's effing incredible we didn't get relegated. As close as we got to it, we always had a bit of fight in us that somehow allowed us to get the points we needed when it looked like we were finished. Juke was a huge part of that so for me, he's a legend. Had we gone down, who knows what the situation would be at the club now but it's very likely things would look a lot less positive than they currently do.

We're aiming to be a different club to what we were whilst he was here - we need better players than Juke was at his prime for us so if someone wants to take him off our hands now, we should accept whatever they offer but that doesn't take anything away from the job he did for us.

People always say nonsense like "giving 100% is the bare minimum we should expect" but you'd be foolish to expect that because very few players actually do it. Juke did.

👍
09:01, Fri 19 Jan
I don't dispute the positive attributes of Juke and he has been a "good servant" to the Club.

What I don't agree with is the idea that he's a club legend.

But I have very high standards for that and during my time there have been only two players to who I would regard as Club Legends.

Gil Merrick and Trevor Francis.

Obviously Jude would certainly have gone on to be seen in that light had it been possible for him to have stayed with us for some time but sadly it wasn't to be.
09:06, Fri 19 Jan
Petebaldwin

Well said
09:11, Fri 19 Jan
newblue
Dave
Dirty Bertie
Amy T
Nikola Zigic
He's an absolute legend here, a complete legend.

I don't give a shit about the stats, whether he's actually any good or any of that.

He's been a warrior for us, he's kept us up, he's scored important goals and he always- without exception- gave 100% for the badge on the front of the shirt not the name on the back.

I mean this with every fibre of my being, I love the bastard.

You’ll do for me.

I’ll take no Juke slander. Absolutely a club legend.

Says a lot about how low we have sunk if Juke is a club legend.

Certainly isn't in my eyes.

Giving 100% should be a given and his scoring record is even worse than Hogan and no one is calling him a legend.

Obviously love Juke, but I have to agree, calling him a legend is a bit far. A great servant yes, legend no.

I don’t think anyone who has played for us over the past 10 years could be put in legend status.

He’s not a ‘great player’ obviously. But for the reasons you state, the dismissive comments about him are pretty off and in fact ‘low’. He’s represented the club well, as a player he always had some limitations that have become increasingly apparent. He’s getting on as a footballer anyway. Most fans appreciate the positive things he had brought to the club and saying you’ll be glad to see the back of him seems sneering to me.

100% he does not deserve some of the quite direspectful comments a couple have made on this sub.

I love Juke, he deserves a big send off.
09:12, Fri 19 Jan
Hasn't quite been the same these past 2 seasons but an absolute warrior

Will always be fondly remembered as and when he goes
Tam
09:15, Fri 19 Jan
According to my friend’s son, who worked at Blues for some time, Juke was the nicest chap you could wish to meet, and the most popular player among the staff. A proper bloke.
Make Blues Great Again
09:22, Fri 19 Jan
Tam
Tam
According to my friend’s son, who worked at Blues for some time, Juke was the nicest chap you could wish to meet, and the most popular player among the staff. A proper bloke.
Careful Tam. Calling somebody " A proper bloke" can put you on thin ice nowadays! LOL
09:31, Fri 19 Jan
Tam
Tam

I met him a couple of times and he's so nice and friendly it's quite jarring for a big centre forward.

He was a gent.
“Oh Nikola Zigic”

H
Tam
09:35, Fri 19 Jan
davenports
Tam
Careful Tam. Calling somebody " A proper bloke" can put you on thin ice nowadays! LOL

Yes, my mother in law used to get really annoyed with that.
Make Blues Great Again
09:38, Fri 19 Jan
Worcester Blue
Hasn't quite been the same these past 2 seasons

He's been largely rubbish for the last 3.5 seasons if we're truly honest with ourselves.
The cold never bothered me anyway
09:53, Fri 19 Jan
I like Juke. He's been a great servant. However in eight seasons he's got more than ten goals three times. None of the last four seasons.

The project needs the funds. And if we can get a fee and him off the wages then it puts us ahead of schedule. He's also absolutely not right for a Tony Mowbray team.
The intellectual saviour of the masses.
10:04, Fri 19 Jan
Andy, can we keep this thread forever please. It serves as a handy checklist to easily differentiate between the sensible posters and the f*cking thicko deluxes.