09:09, Fri 19 Jan
How annoying is that co-commentator, ‘get in’ after almost every goal!

He looks a penalty box poacher to be fair.
09:29, Fri 19 Jan
I think it'd be a really exciting one, but if Sunderland are in for him and he's from that part of the world I can see him going there.
“Oh Nikola Zigic”

H
J_D
09:30, Fri 19 Jan
Got a bit of the Jamie Vardys about him. Lower league, scoring for fun, reasonable price...
I said this on Twitter the other day, but he'd be an absolute snip at that (£1.5m) price. There were rumours a few weeks ago that Coventry were close for a deal which could reach £5m eventually - obviously that now seems like it was nonsense - but I could have seen him going for £2.5m with the rest in add-ons / clauses etc.

He's absolutely clinical and could easily see him doing a job at this level. Not everybody has to be a superstar at 19, some people are just late bloomers in life. The easy comparison is Vardy, but with the way he moves and finishes, it's not even that lazy to compare the two.

Get him the eff in.
09:55, Fri 19 Jan
Score's with left and right feet decent in the air. Most of his goals are from 8 yards in. Looks a right poacher.
Go get him Tone
09:58, Fri 19 Jan
To be fair, based on that YouTube clip (that may not be showing the 500 open goals that he missed) he DOES seem to have "the knack" of finding space in the penalty box, finding space between the centre-halves and instinctively being in the right place at the right time.

and again, to be fair, some of those finishes are bloody excellent regardless of the level.
09:59, Fri 19 Jan
newblue
It’s pretty unusual for players to emerge at a relatively late age like he has done, but his scoring record these last couple of years is phenomenal.

He played a lot in north east lower league teams - the lower tier leagues here are very competitive still. One of the teams he played for is Billingham Synthonia, interesting club that must be the only football team to be named after a chemical product (synthetic ammonia).

Ajax

(I know it isn't)
Mandated as the Poster of Reason - October 2023
09:59, Fri 19 Jan
newblue
It’s pretty unusual for players to emerge at a relatively late age like he has done, but his scoring record these last couple of years is phenomenal.

He played a lot in north east lower league teams - the lower tier leagues here are very competitive still. One of the teams he played for is Billingham Synthonia, interesting club that must be the only football team to be named after a chemical product (synthetic ammonia).

Ajax

(I know it isn't)

That's actually bloody funny
10:01, Fri 19 Jan
Yeah I think it would be something like 2.5m rising to 5.

It's not a lot of money for a forward who is scoring and some clubs will have that kind of money to risk.
10:04, Fri 19 Jan

It's not a lot of money for a forward who is scoring and some clubs will have that kind of money to risk.

He's not got to score many here to be an improvement on what we have.... and at some point we will lose Stansfield
10:09, Fri 19 Jan
Rags

He's not got to score many here to be an improvement on what we have.... and at some point we will lose Stansfield

Yeah and you've not got to score that many to repay it really. Strikers are expensive.
10:11, Fri 19 Jan
I think it'd be a really exciting one, but if Sunderland are in for him and he's from that part of the world I can see him going there.

not necessarily, he’s only up the road in Nottingham now AND he’s a Middlesbrough lad so surely will want to play for the Boro legend, Mogga!

i like the sound of this one, i intimated it on a post the other week tbf
10:17, Fri 19 Jan
Waggeh
Just me who thinks it's a lot of money for a 26 year old who's never played above the 4th tier?

Not just you. It's a totally different level. His last goal was against Grimsby Town.

He might be able to do it against Leicester, West Brom etc, but let's not pretend it wouldn't be a huge gamble.
10:18, Fri 19 Jan
Fag-packet maths, but getting Hogan off the wage bill saves £1.3m next year. There's half the fee for a striker who will be much more effective and much cheaper to pay a salary to.
10:19, Fri 19 Jan
Rags

And if he came you would hope be one of the 3 strikers for next season so not a bad shout if price is right for us.

Devante Cole might be worth a punt as well, being linked with few champ clubs and out of contract in 6 months.