10:21, Fri 19 Jan
Waggeh
Just me who thinks it's a lot of money for a 26 year old who's never played above the 4th tier?

Not just you. It's a totally different level. His last goal was against Grimsby Town.

He might be able to do it against Leicester, West Brom etc, but let's not pretend it wouldn't be a huge gamble.

all signings are a gamble

but i’d rather gamble on someone with a good strike rate, instead of a poor injury record!
10:22, Fri 19 Jan

Devante Cole might be worth a punt as well, being linked with few champ clubs and out of contract in 6 months.

Oh, not for me ... poor finisher in my opinion
10:24, Fri 19 Jan
Sure he was on trial with us a few years ago Cole?
10:26, Fri 19 Jan
He was..
If I had the wings of a sparrow
Dan
10:30, Fri 19 Jan
RomfordBlue
Waggeh
Just me who thinks it's a lot of money for a 26 year old who's never played above the 4th tier?

Not just you. It's a totally different level. His last goal was against Grimsby Town.

He might be able to do it against Leicester, West Brom etc, but let's not pretend it wouldn't be a huge gamble.

You don't sign proven Championship goalscorers for £2m quid.
10:35, Fri 19 Jan
Dan
It’s a gamble well worth taking for a club that can afford to imo.

If he flops you’ll have lower league clubs queuing up to take him on loan.

If he’s a success you could turn 1.5/2 million in to ten times that.
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.
10:51, Fri 19 Jan
I've seen him play in the flesh a few times and he's absolutely worth £1.5m. It wouldn't even be a gamble, he'd get 15 goals in the Championship a year.
10:51, Fri 19 Jan
derbyblue
I think it'd be a really exciting one, but if Sunderland are in for him and he's from that part of the world I can see him going there.

not necessarily, he’s only up the road in Nottingham now AND he’s a Middlesbrough lad so surely will want to play for the Boro legend, Mogga!

i like the sound of this one, i intimated it on a post the other week tbf

The Middlesbrough connection might be helpful, if Uncle Tone can put his arm round him and reminisce about Ayresome Park while Uncle Tom sells him the American Dream he’ll be ours!
10:58, Fri 19 Jan
Waggeh

25 yr old Jamie Vardy was playing 5th level when Leicester picked him up...
23/01/20 Mad: I'll stop moaning now.
11:02, Fri 19 Jan
Tom TheProject Brady
I've seen him play in the flesh a few times and he's absolutely worth £1.5m. It wouldn't even be a gamble, he'd get 15 goals in the Championship a year.

We paid over 2mil for Sammy cosgrove, we may aswell take the punt
11:02, Fri 19 Jan
Yeah looking at the YouTube vid of him he looks decent. Some nice finishes.
11:04, Fri 19 Jan
Never said it wouldn't be a risk worth taking. I'm just suprised at people saying a million and a half would be a bargain.
Tom TheProject Brady

Less than ten players a season do that. It's not as common as people think.
Mandated as the Poster of Reason - October 2023
WomTagner
Tom TheProject Brady

We didn't.
Mandated as the Poster of Reason - October 2023
11:09, Fri 19 Jan
Charcy
WomTagner
Tom TheProject Brady

We didn't.

Just going off this, I'm not sure how accurate it is
[www.transfermarkt.co.uk]