11:10, Fri 19 Jan
Waggeh
Just me who thinks it's a lot of money for a 26 year old who's never played above the 4th tier?

25 yr old Jamie Vardy was playing 5th level when Leicester picked him up...

One thing people forget about Vardy ... in his first season with Leicester he was so poor and so cack he actually thought about quitting the game altogether convinced that he'd never make it, and it was only the constant encouragement of Nigel Pearson that persuaded him to carry on his career
11:11, Fri 19 Jan
It was rumoured to be 1.5 but there is no way he would have hit all the markers to have paid the full fee.
Mandated as the Poster of Reason - October 2023
11:13, Fri 19 Jan
WomTagner
Tom TheProject Brady
I've seen him play in the flesh a few times and he's absolutely worth £1.5m. It wouldn't even be a gamble, he'd get 15 goals in the Championship a year.

We paid over 2mil for Sammy cosgrove, we may aswell take the punt

We didn't.

Didn't we ?

[www.dailyrecord.co.uk]
11:15, Fri 19 Jan
WomTagner
Tom TheProject Brady
I've seen him play in the flesh a few times and he's absolutely worth £1.5m. It wouldn't even be a gamble, he'd get 15 goals in the Championship a year.

We didn't.

It was 15 million with add ons
11:17, Fri 19 Jan
Rags
WomTagner
Tom TheProject Brady

We didn't.

A) I don't believe that

B) that's not over 2m

Didn't we ?

[www.dailyrecord.co.uk]
Mandated as the Poster of Reason - October 2023
11:45, Fri 19 Jan
Charcy
Tom TheProject Brady

Less than ten players a season do that. It's not as common as people think.

Yeah but he would, I'm convinced
12:02, Fri 19 Jan
Rags
WomTagner
Tom TheProject Brady

We didn't.

Didn't we ?

[www.dailyrecord.co.uk]

Given it is in the Scottish press, it is likely to be a leak from Aberdeen to polish the sale up for their fans. So it would be a high end type of figure - it gets to close enough to £2m if all the performance related bonuses come through etc.

The Mail equivalent would be showing it as a minimal amount - no bonuses included.

Given how his time at the club went, unless there was a bonus payment to Aberdeen for us not getting relegated, the low figure would have turned out to be the right one.
12:09, Fri 19 Jan
Waggeh
Just me who thinks it's a lot of money for a 26 year old who's never played above the 4th tier?

25 yr old Jamie Vardy was playing 5th level when Leicester picked him up...

One thing people forget about Vardy ... in his first season with Leicester he was so poor and so cack he actually thought about quitting the game altogether convinced that he'd never make it, and it was only the constant encouragement of Nigel Pearson that persuaded him to carry on his career

There's still hope for Bernard Sun then?
12:17, Fri 19 Jan
So is there any legs in this? Is it a goer?
“Oh Nikola Zigic”

H
Sunderland.

Be surprised if it’s anyone but
My Blue Heaven
Sunderland.

Be surprised if it’s anyone but

That was my thought. Jammy bastards.
“Oh Nikola Zigic”

H
12:37, Fri 19 Jan
He comes from that way.
12:40, Fri 19 Jan
Yep and has been frantically deleting tweets slagging them off

He’s a Newcastle fan

Hopefully it ends in tears like when they signed Chopra
12:48, Fri 19 Jan
The press always headline the biggest possible number as it gets more attention, we won’t have paid that upfront and he won’t have met any performance clauses.

Still a disaster though
12:53, Fri 19 Jan
Would be ironic that Mowbray got sacked for asking for a more senior striker and then they went and got one in January anyway, but have an inferior manager to now handle him.

Would be even sweeter if we nicked him after all that...