09:12, Fri 19 Jan
Me and wifey are looking for 4 nights away, city break, in Europe in the week before Easter. Flights from Brum or East Mids. Looking for a bit of sightseeing and local culture as well as decent food. Not fussed about the temps.

We've done Italy, Spain, Germany and France a few times, so somewhere else would be good.

TIA
Luckily, the amount of heroin I use is harmless. I inject about once a month on a purely recreational basis. Fine. But what about other people less stable, less educated, less middle-class than me? Builders or blacks for example. If you're one of those, my advice to you is leave well alone. Good luck.
09:13, Fri 19 Jan
Me and wifey are looking for 4 nights away, city break, in Europe in the week before Easter. Flights from Brum or East Mids. Looking for a bit of sightseeing and local culture as well as decent food. Not fussed about the temps.

We've done Italy, Spain, Germany and France a few times, so somewhere else would be good.

TIA

Bruges.
09:14, Fri 19 Jan
Krakow
09:16, Fri 19 Jan
Dubrovnik.
09:17, Fri 19 Jan
Berlin
09:21, Fri 19 Jan
Switzerland

Base in either Bern or Geneva. Visit Interlaken or Chamonix. Or even a day trip to Annecy. Beautiful places.
09:22, Fri 19 Jan
Warsaw
09:22, Fri 19 Jan
Have they moved it up Latvia?
Luckily, the amount of heroin I use is harmless. I inject about once a month on a purely recreational basis. Fine. But what about other people less stable, less educated, less middle-class than me? Builders or blacks for example. If you're one of those, my advice to you is leave well alone. Good luck.
09:24, Fri 19 Jan
Went to Oslo last Summer. Fab. For better temperatures Lisbon (or Oporto).
09:24, Fri 19 Jan
Budapest.

Good city & you can keep walking over a bastard bridge.
Birmingham City: coming up with new ways to ruin your weekend since 1875
Amsterdam?

Fantastic city.
“Oh Nikola Zigic”

H
09:31, Fri 19 Jan
Tallin, cheap, interesting, not too big. You could also jump on a 2 hour ferry and have a day visit to Helsinki.
It's easier to beg for forgiveness, than ask for permission.
09:33, Fri 19 Jan
Another vote for Budapest. Loved it there

Ypres is also somewhere everybody should visit
What did the Knights in White satin?
09:34, Fri 19 Jan
Legal_Bluenose

TIA

Budapest, Prague and Warsaw are all nice cities with the kind of culture you'd expect in Eastern Europe - ie beautiful older parts which are interspersed with Soviet brutalism. All three have decent food and bars, and are fairly easy to get around although Warsaw is a bit spread out.

My tip would be Wroclaw though; as beautiful as Krakow without the stag dos and not as touristy as some places. It's probably my favourite city in Poland and I highly recommend it.
09:34, Fri 19 Jan
I've done Ypres. There's no way I'll get my wife there. She can't listen to the Last Post without crying