09:35, Fri 19 Jan
Swansea
09:35, Fri 19 Jan
The Brady bunch
Dubrovnik.

Absolutely not- unless you love GoT, i wouldn’t bother!

Split is SO much nicer!!
"we don't even know why we're here - we're all just wandering around, doing daft things, killing time, until we die; that's why Frisbee's been invented..." (Karl Pilkington 2013)
09:39, Fri 19 Jan
John_Smullen
Tallin, cheap, interesting, not too big. You could also jump on a 2 hour ferry and have a day visit to Helsinki.

This- Tallinn is probably the best city I’ve ever visited. It’s beautiful.

BUT I wouldn’t recommend doing the ferry ride to Helsinki.

When my wife and I went to Tallinn earlier this month (and for some of December!), we stayed for 5 nights and there was plenty to see and do; we’d love to visit Finland but decided that spending 4 hours on a ferry, essentially just to go there to say you have, isn’t worth it. We WILL visit Finland but as a trip to Finland!
"we don't even know why we're here - we're all just wandering around, doing daft things, killing time, until we die; that's why Frisbee's been invented..." (Karl Pilkington 2013)
09:42, Fri 19 Jan
Budapest was on our shortlist.

We've not been to Poland so I'll take a look. Ta.
Luckily, the amount of heroin I use is harmless. I inject about once a month on a purely recreational basis. Fine. But what about other people less stable, less educated, less middle-class than me? Builders or blacks for example. If you're one of those, my advice to you is leave well alone. Good luck.
09:42, Fri 19 Jan
Loved both of those cities
Luckily, the amount of heroin I use is harmless. I inject about once a month on a purely recreational basis. Fine. But what about other people less stable, less educated, less middle-class than me? Builders or blacks for example. If you're one of those, my advice to you is leave well alone. Good luck.
09:43, Fri 19 Jan
Lisbon/Porto are the correct answers
09:44, Fri 19 Jan
Galway is well worth a visit. I think flights are available to Shannon airport from Birmingham and there is an hourly coach journey from Shannon airport to Galway .Takes about 2 hours but a good way to see some of the Irish west coast scenery en route
09:49, Fri 19 Jan
lads, get onto ryanair.com you can fly anywhere at the moment for about £15 including Malta, Spain etc

if you have never been to Bergamo (Home of Atalanta) it is a fantastic weekend break.

[www.solosophie.com]
09:50, Fri 19 Jan
Legal_Bluenose
Me and wifey are looking for 4 nights away, city break, in Europe in the week before Easter. Flights from Brum or East Mids. Looking for a bit of sightseeing and local culture as well as decent food. Not fussed about the temps.

We've done Italy, Spain, Germany and France a few times, so somewhere else would be good.

TIA

Bergamo, Porto or Lisbon.
09:52, Fri 19 Jan
If you plan it right you could do Vienna and Budapest, the train takes about 2 hrs 30 mins, both are great cities
09:52, Fri 19 Jan
Made in Daegu
The Brady bunch
Dubrovnik.

Absolutely not- unless you love GoT, i wouldn’t bother!

Split is SO much nicer!!

prices in Dubrovnik scandalous, €10/11 a pint
09:53, Fri 19 Jan
Peakyblue

Seconded. Fantastic cities and great cheap food if you know where to look.
09:55, Fri 19 Jan
Krakow, Warsaw or ghent.

You can do Krakow and Warsaw in one fell swoop if you have the time. First class train ticket is about 16 quid.
The intellectual saviour of the masses.
09:58, Fri 19 Jan
This means nothing to me
Mr Driscoll
Peakyblue

Seconded. Fantastic cities and great cheap food if you know where to look.

Couple of days in Lisbon and 20 miles down the road a couple of days in the coastal town of Cascais, great break and not to hot in Easter

And you can do Wed-Sunday from BHX with a mixture of Easyjet out and Ryanair back

I've booked 4 days in Nice to watch the last 2 stages of this years Tour De France from there. Had to book Gatwick as very expensive to fly there from BHX in July but much more cost effective in March/April

Went to Naples last year, from BHX, the city itself is a bit of a sh*thole but travel out a few miles to the Bay of Naples to stat it's very nice and plenty of touristy things to do like Pompeii and the Amalfi Coast (stunning)