11:25, Fri 19 Jan
Another for Porto. Ryanair fly directly from Brum, it's compact with good sightseeing, food and bars, particularly on the riverfront. And then there are all the port houses to tour, and sample their produce!
11:30, Fri 19 Jan
Seconded

Galway is a great city with good bars / food / music.

If you are prepared to hire a car for a day then Connemara / the Western Loughs (Corrib, Conn, Mask) are within day trip distance. The scenery is stunning.

Depending on when you go music festivals are held in Galway and there is also the horse racing.
11:40, Fri 19 Jan
In France Bordeaux, Dijon, Lyon and Avignon are all great to visit. Especially if you like wine.

I'd love to go to Malbork Castle in Poland. See all the stuff about the Teutronic knights. I don't know much about the city though.
12:02, Fri 19 Jan
Imagine being asked for a place to visit in Europe and someone suggesting Ireland!!!
12:19, Fri 19 Jan
I'm sort of amazed only one person suggested Amsterdam
“Oh Nikola Zigic”

H
12:20, Fri 19 Jan
malahideblues
lads, get onto ryanair.com you can fly anywhere at the moment for about £15 including Malta, Spain etc

if you have never been to Bergamo (Home of Atalanta) it is a fantastic weekend break.

[www.solosophie.com]

I’ve just booked Bergamo, I hope you’re right
12:25, Fri 19 Jan
Nikola Zigic
I'm sort of amazed only one person suggested Amsterdam

Utrecht is a nice alternative, without the crowds
12:27, Fri 19 Jan
Rotterdam.

Great value It will make anywhere else you go seem extra nice.
12:38, Fri 19 Jan
Sheep2
Rotterdam.

Great value It will make anywhere else you go seem extra nice.

It still smells from 42 years ago
12:42, Fri 19 Jan
Thongs
Imagine being asked for a place to visit in Europe and someone suggesting Ireland!!!

Because there is good scenery!

Another shout for Porto/LIsbon did both when Blues played outside Lisbon in 2019 easy to get to one or the other by train!
(Like most of Europe, cheaper, faster and reliable then our trains will ever be, if you do you will see the impressive Sao Bento station!)
Linked Image

Bordeaux I recommend aswell, flights from Brum, easy tram ride from airport to the centre, decent food & bars, as well as stunning architecture
13:08, Fri 19 Jan
I only get on planes if I can take my coat off when I get to the other end.

I thought that was the point.
13:12, Fri 19 Jan
RomfordBlue
El Mayor
Legal_Bluenose
Me and wifey are looking for 4 nights away, city break, in Europe in the week before Easter. Flights from Brum or East Mids. Looking for a bit of sightseeing and local culture as well as decent food. Not fussed about the temps.

We've done Italy, Spain, Germany and France a few times, so somewhere else would be good.

TIA

Budapest, Prague and Warsaw are all nice cities with the kind of culture you'd expect in Eastern Europe - ie beautiful older parts which are interspersed with Soviet brutalism. All three have decent food and bars, and are fairly easy to get around although Warsaw is a bit spread out.

My tip would be Wroclaw though; as beautiful as Krakow without the stag dos and not as touristy as some places. It's probably my favourite city in Poland and I highly recommend it.
Another vote for Wroclaw, if you can get a flight. Really lovely city.

Recently did a few days in Toulouse, which is fantastic and I would really recommend. Beautiful city. Very friendly people.

Wroclaw a great city but probably not enough for 4 days, its a Fri to Sun City
13:13, Fri 19 Jan
El Mayor
malahideblues
lads, get onto ryanair.com you can fly anywhere at the moment for about £15 including Malta, Spain etc

if you have never been to Bergamo (Home of Atalanta) it is a fantastic weekend break.

[www.solosophie.com]

I’ve just booked Bergamo, I hope you’re right

good stuff, the Old City is based up a funicular, bit like Montmartre but stunning and cracking food and wine
13:16, Fri 19 Jan
I spent a year studying in Vilnius, Lithuania. Cannot recommend the city enough. Excellent public transport (all done through an app which lets you see the real time locations and routes of all the buses). It's a former soviet country so you'd think it might be quite impoverished and run down but the city is absolutely gorgeous. So much history there and the old town is a unesco world heritage site, so all the old roads and buildings are beautifully preserved. There's also a lot to do in the city as far as touristy places go and you can get trains across the whole country for very cheap (I paid like 10 euros for a 3 hours train ride to Kaunas).
13:50, Fri 19 Jan
As already been said, Tallinn and the ferry to Helsinki. Wrocław krakow or Gdańsk for the old town Second World War history and a lovely little train ride to the coastal resort of sopat for a bit of amber fishing.