10:02, Fri 19 Jan
El Mayor
Legal_Bluenose
Me and wifey are looking for 4 nights away, city break, in Europe in the week before Easter. Flights from Brum or East Mids. Looking for a bit of sightseeing and local culture as well as decent food. Not fussed about the temps.

We've done Italy, Spain, Germany and France a few times, so somewhere else would be good.

TIA

Budapest, Prague and Warsaw are all nice cities with the kind of culture you'd expect in Eastern Europe - ie beautiful older parts which are interspersed with Soviet brutalism. All three have decent food and bars, and are fairly easy to get around although Warsaw is a bit spread out.

My tip would be Wroclaw though; as beautiful as Krakow without the stag dos and not as touristy as some places. It's probably my favourite city in Poland and I highly recommend it.
Another vote for Wroclaw, if you can get a flight. Really lovely city.

Recently did a few days in Toulouse, which is fantastic and I would really recommend. Beautiful city. Very friendly people.
JCL
10:02, Fri 19 Jan
Lisbon is good fun.
Everything in moderation, even moderation.
10:06, Fri 19 Jan
JCL
I was going to suggest Lisbon too 👍
Agree with a lot of the above suggestions, a few more to consider (it’s an endless list tbh, but in April probably best to head south and start your Spring a bit earlier ….)

Valencia, lovely time to visit. Often gets overlooked.

Taormina in Sicily - 4 days will just be enough time to get a flavour of the area, again the weather will be lovely

Bologna - not been yet, am going later in the year

Malta - was there in a previous April for 4 days, again 4 days will give you a flavour

Lyon very underrated, and wrongly so from my visit there last year
Me and the Mrs are doing the same. We had booked for Toulouse just as first lockdown hit and she still wants to go there. I want to go to Palma but she’s fed up with that, wants to try somewhere new.

Lucca looks tempting, but will be interested to see what others come up with. Party towns are OUT.
10:34, Fri 19 Jan
More for Lisbon and Porto. Also enjoyed Stockholm and Copenhagen, although it will almost definitely rain in the latter.

We got a really cheap flight to Almeria, hired a car and did the caves at Nerja, Alhambra Palace and Granada, then went up as far as Calabardina on the coast north of Mojacar where we found a fantastic small hotel that made us very welcome. That was worth doing and not something you may have considered.
10:37, Fri 19 Jan
I know in Spain still but overlooked by many - Valencia is fantastic. Really love the place.

Frankfurt, Munich are both worth visits.

Athens is always great, particularly out of summer because it isn’t too hot to climb the Acropolis.

Adore Bruges. So easy to get to as well. Best beer on the planet.
10:38, Fri 19 Jan
Vienna or Budapest.
10:44, Fri 19 Jan
Porto
AnE - conspiracy theorist, ardent viler-hater, nutjob cyclist, Cubie-bater, go-to iconoclast
10:49, Fri 19 Jan
Istanbul.

Cheap flights not Pegasus have started BHX.
10:49, Fri 19 Jan
I am quite liking the lookOf San Sebastián
11:09, Fri 19 Jan
John Toshack lives there
Marrakesh. Cheap flights, cheap accommodation good weather, good food and a wonderfully vibrant city.
11:16, Fri 19 Jan
Legal_Bluenose
Me and wifey are looking for 4 nights away, city break, in Europe in the week before Easter. Flights from Brum or East Mids. Looking for a bit of sightseeing and local culture as well as decent food. Not fussed about the temps.

We've done Italy, Spain, Germany and France a few times, so somewhere else would be good.

TIA

Hi Legal
Can I recommend Zadar in Croatia - stunning UNESCO old town, lovely sea, friendly people, good food. Direct with Ryan Air from Brum:
[www.skyscanner.net]