It makes sense if we want to take a little bit more care of the ball and have more possession, Sanderson and Long have both struggled with their distribution when playing forwards.

I do worry how/if it will damage us aerially though. We have not covered ourselves in glory defending set pieces when Long has been out of the team.
14:27, Sat 20 Jan
Rooney would have got pelters before a match playing Belik ahead of Long. Not saying that Tony is wrong btw I just find it interesting the dynamic between manager and fans already fascinating.
14:30, Sat 20 Jan
Rooney would have got pelters before a match playing Belik ahead of Long. Not saying that Tony is wrong btw I just find it interesting the dynamic between manager and fans already fascinating.

er ... but he always did pick Bielik ahead of Long .... in fact he never picked Long at all after his first couple of games .... or do you mean at centre-half ?
One has managed with aplomb in the championship for years. One hasn't.
Well yeah - I trust that Mowbray knows what he is doing. I never felt like that with Rooney.
14:32, Sat 20 Jan
It will be interesting to see the comments today if we get thrashed 6 or 7, not that we will, but if it happened I dread to think the comments
14:32, Sat 20 Jan
La Fine Della Strada
It makes sense if we want to take a little bit more care of the ball and have more possession, Sanderson and Long have both struggled with their distribution when playing forwards.

I do worry how/if it will damage us aerially though. We have not covered ourselves in glory defending set pieces when Long has been out of the team.

Interestingly (according to google) Sanderson, Bielik and Long are all 6’2 yet Long always seems better in the air.
14:33, Sat 20 Jan
Bcfc 26
Fat Buddha CBE
Donovan may aswell leave. Can't even make the bench. Played ok the other night aswell.

Don’t be a plank.

For what? I'd rather him on the bench than someone like gardner

He's 17 you nincompoop

Fat Buddha CBE
Can’t believe he’s dropped Long. What an idiot.

Is this just a WUM thread?
14:35, Sat 20 Jan
Yeah they’re all a decent size but this doesn’t necessarily translate to being strong in the air.

Sanderson I feel is particularly weak aerially.

Hard to judge Bielik yet but I’d be surprised if he’s as dominant as Long.
14:36, Sat 20 Jan
gerry1875
It will be interesting to see the comments today if we get thrashed 6 or 7, not that we will, but if it happened I dread to think the comments

Lol
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.
14:37, Sat 20 Jan
Petebaldwin
Happy with that. You can very much see the philosophy of “fill the team with good footballers” playing out.

Absolutely. Up the Mogga, let’s have the oatcake eating chunts.
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.
14:38, Sat 20 Jan
David Xavis
Bielik at CB is slightly worrying, thought Long was very good last week. If that’s where TM sees him long term then so be it, Wolves did same with Coady and many more examples
TBF Bielik has played at centre half a lot in the past both in his Arsenal youth days and for Derby.In fact I think (but not sure) that his position on Wiki is listed as centre back or midfield.
Tam
14:40, Sat 20 Jan
gerry1875

If we get thrashed by 6 or 7, the comments will be bleedin' justified!
Make Blues Great Again
Bcfc 26
Fat Buddha CBE
Donovan may aswell leave. Can't even make the bench. Played ok the other night aswell.

Don’t be a plank.

For what? I'd rather him on the bench than someone like gardner

He's 17 you nincompoop

Fat Buddha CBE
Can’t believe he’s dropped Long. What an idiot.

Is this just a WUM thread?

It’s not a thread it’s a post and it is a jocular aside.

Or not.

It can be anything you want it to be. You choose.
14:42, Sat 20 Jan
Tam
Tam
gerry1875

If we get thrashed by 6 or 7, the comments will be bleedin' justified!
I mean about Mowbray