Is ours your favourite Blues badge?

🤣👍
01:13, Sat 27 Jan
Doesn’t need changing at all. Would be a Wayne Rooney esque error to do it
Ricky Otto 1994-1998 - The Man, The Legend
01:33, Sat 27 Jan
Bluemarc81

Seriously though if you can make something that works better for casual clothing, and become a brand globally then it's worth it.

The KRO hoodies are nicer than the ones with the badge on for instance.

American sports teams sell millions of hats at 40 dollars plus per unit. Have to look at the brand as a whole and that is much bigger than just the badge. If it worked and we made loads of cash out of it people would forget within a few years. Shirts in theory ought to be a small percentage of merchandise sales especially with undftd on board.

The badge is 50 years old it's not deep rooted in our history - indeed it was meant to usher in an era of European football so it failed, it's really not a big deal to change this if it's done right.

We have to think big and lead, we are going to have to break some eggs to do that.
Mandated as the Poster of Reason - October 2023
01:45, Sat 27 Jan
Charcy
Bluemarc81

Seriously though if you can make something that works better for casual clothing, and become a brand globally then it's worth it.

American sports teams sell millions of hats at 40 dollars plus per unit. Have to look at the brand as a whole and that is much bigger than just the badge. If it worked and we made loads of cash out of it people would forget within a few years. Shirts in theory ought to be a small percentage of merchandise sales especially with undftd on board.

The badge is 50 years old it's not deep rooted in our history - indeed it was meant to usher in an era of European football so it failed, it's really not a big deal to change this if it's done right.

We have to think big and lead, we are going to have to break some eggs to do that.

Yeah just make it a dollar sign
01:54, Sat 27 Jan
footballisanart
Charcy
Bluemarc81

Yeah just make it a dollar sign

Now we are talking.
04:53, Sat 27 Jan
Charcy
Bluemarc81

Spot on.

It's going to be very difficult for many of our current fans to cope with the change coming over the next few years.
There's too much opinion and not enough fact.
06:02, Sat 27 Jan
Charcy
Bluemarc81

The badge hoodies would be horrible whatever badge it was though tbf, just a bad fit.

The current badge is one of the most unique in football, if world class marketing people can’t come up with merchandise that would sell with it on then it says more about those designing the merch than the badge itself.
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.
06:15, Sat 27 Jan
Super Hans
Charcy
Bluemarc81

The badge hoodies would be horrible whatever badge it was though tbf, just a bad fit.

The current badge is one of the most unique in football, if world class marketing people can’t come up with merchandise that would sell with it on then it says more about those designing the merch than the badge itself.

My first word is 'if'. Done right it shouldn't be ruled out. Shouldn't necessarily be ruled in either

An unmitigated no is not going to work.
Tam
07:35, Sat 27 Jan
I think that the answer is, as it should be to any Blues-related question is 'whatever makes the club better'.

I'm as much of a traditionalist as anyone, and I've always loved our badge, but if changes that make merchandise more saleable are needed, so be it. Perhaps a tweak of the design might work - the globe, after all, is more relevant than ever now that we're pursuing world domination. I think that our badge is iconic and unique in it's style, but the 'ball' aspect of the badge does look mightily dated. I'm sure that, if it was still wanted as a club crest, it could be modernised, showing the club's nod to the past AND to the future.

Edit: Or a new badge entirely. It wouldn't be the first time that we'd had a new badge and we do need to throw off the shackles of a less than glorious history.
Make Blues Great Again
08:00, Sat 27 Jan
Please Tom, sack off the badge and also get rid of that terrible dirge that masquerades as our anthem. It's about as up beat as Mahler's funeral march. Change the kit colours too, if need be.

If we're going to do this properly, then the whole image and club ethos needs to be dragged along, into the 21st century.
08:14, Sat 27 Jan
should update the badge whilst keeping the same concept, we cant end up with one of those circular franchise badges looking like half the teams in the prem

Getting rid of KRO might be one of the worst things i’ve ever read on here though,
08:37, Sat 27 Jan
Tam
Tam
I think that the answer is, as it should be to any Blues-related question is 'whatever makes the club better'.

I'm as much of a traditionalist as anyone, and I've always loved our badge, but if changes that make merchandise more saleable are needed, so be it. Perhaps a tweak of the design might work - the globe, after all, is more relevant than ever now that we're pursuing world domination. I think that our badge is iconic and unique in it's style, but the 'ball' aspect of the badge does look mightily dated. I'm sure that, if it was still wanted as a club crest, it could be modernised, showing the club's nod to the past AND to the future.

Edit: Or a new badge entirely. It wouldn't be the first time that we'd had a new badge and we do need to throw off the shackles of a less than glorious history.

Disagree strongly with your last 2 sentences.
Don't throw the baby out with the bath water.
Jude should be front and centre of everything England do in the attacking third of the pitch.
Give him the armband now too ! ( AUG 2023 )
08:39, Sat 27 Jan
foghorn leghorn
Please Tom, sack off the badge and also get rid of that terrible dirge that masquerades as our anthem. It's about as up beat as Mahler's funeral march. Change the kit colours too, if need be.

If we're going to do this properly, then the whole image and club ethos needs to be dragged along, into the 21st century.

Absolute bollocks
Not the first time though.
Jude should be front and centre of everything England do in the attacking third of the pitch.
Give him the armband now too ! ( AUG 2023 )
08:50, Sat 27 Jan
Getting rid of KRO might be one of the worst things i’ve ever read on here though.

Agreed, all we need to is to teach some to sing it correctly. The club have tried playing the slower version before kick off but still the quick and clappy merchants drown it out. Frustrating.
09:02, Sat 27 Jan
Replace the text on the current badge with keep right on.

It could be marketed as the "just do it" with Nike. I think removing the words football club will make the badge easier to sell on merchandise in the states.