09:27, Sat 27 Jan
Charcy
Bluemarc81
Doesn’t need changing at all. Would be a Wayne Rooney esque error to do it

Seriously though if you can make something that works better for casual clothing, and become a brand globally then it's worth it.

The KRO hoodies are nicer than the ones with the badge on for instance.

American sports teams sell millions of hats at 40 dollars plus per unit. Have to look at the brand as a whole and that is much bigger than just the badge. If it worked and we made loads of cash out of it people would forget within a few years. Shirts in theory ought to be a small percentage of merchandise sales especially with undftd on board.

The badge is 50 years old it's not deep rooted in our history - indeed it was meant to usher in an era of European football so it failed, it's really not a big deal to change this if it's done right.

We have to think big and lead, we are going to have to break some eggs to do that.

I think the concept of the badge is brilliant. I just think it looks like it was drawn badly. The globe is embarrassingly inaccurate. Yes, it’s clearly a globe, but that’s about it. Keep the concept, but improve it.

If they change it completely , then I’ll reserve judgement until I see what they replace it with. You don’t know, it just be something that is even better than what we have, which I agree isn’t deep rooted in the club’s history.
foghorn leghorn
Please Tom, sack off the badge and also get rid of that terrible dirge that masquerades as our anthem. It's about as up beat as Mahler's funeral march. Change the kit colours too, if need be.

If we're going to do this properly, then the whole image and club ethos needs to be dragged along, into the 21st century.

😮 Yeah, let's replace it with allez, allez, allez.
Up the feckin Blues
09:29, Sat 27 Jan
They should build a huge one at Knighthead Park where both the ball and globe spin.
10:12, Sat 27 Jan
Think they'd be a riot if they changed it tbh. It's so iconic and unique. At most I'd be okay with changing the font or maybe removing/replacing 1875 or football club. If they mess with the globe that'd be too much, the fact it's hilariously inaccurate is part of its charm.
10:20, Sat 27 Jan
The way I read it, it was an example of things that might be considered and discussed in regard the club's heritage and history, not something that is actively on the agenda to be changed.

And, being the pedant I am, it's the club crest, not a badge . . .
10:21, Sat 27 Jan
Keep Right On

It is such a great 3-word slogan, message, notion and is obviously linked to the club anthem.

I am surprised a political party has never nicked it.

EDIT. Oh yeah, and all great logos evolve and get tweaked even if the original design stays intact. BMW. Coca Cola. Ford.
10:26, Sat 27 Jan
I thought the globe story was common knowledge. Its meant to represent our legacy/future dominance, of European football.
10:29, Sat 27 Jan
Our badge is unique and shows the globe and a football wrapped by our club name, its perfect. No need for a border or to be placed in a shield or circle. The badge is iconic and should be kept 100%.

This is what 442 magazine say about it.

The best thing about the globe-ball-and-ribbon of Birmingham’s badge is that it’s totally recognisable as a silhouette and, as far as FFT can make out, completely unique. No one has ever come up with a badge like this before. It’s marvellous.

All 100 badges in link below and vile never made the 100.

[www.fourfourtwo.com]
Turn left when you get on a plane.
10:37, Sat 27 Jan
As someone else said, the Harry Lauder song "The End of the Road" is 100 years old this year.

[folksongandmusichall.com]
10:44, Sat 27 Jan
And it's our 150th anniversary next year
H

Consistently correct.
12:37, Sat 27 Jan
Growing up a Blues fan in Ireland it was always great to be able to rub into the other kid's faces that we were the only English team with Ireland on it's badge, even if is just shown as a blob off the Welsh coast.
Tam
13:10, Sat 27 Jan
generalBlue
Tam
I think that the answer is, as it should be to any Blues-related question is 'whatever makes the club better'.

I'm as much of a traditionalist as anyone, and I've always loved our badge, but if changes that make merchandise more saleable are needed, so be it. Perhaps a tweak of the design might work - the globe, after all, is more relevant than ever now that we're pursuing world domination. I think that our badge is iconic and unique in it's style, but the 'ball' aspect of the badge does look mightily dated. I'm sure that, if it was still wanted as a club crest, it could be modernised, showing the club's nod to the past AND to the future.

Edit: Or a new badge entirely. It wouldn't be the first time that we'd had a new badge and we do need to throw off the shackles of a less than glorious history.

Disagree strongly with your last 2 sentences.
Don't throw the baby out with the bath water.

Yeah, my preferred option would be to keep and/or modernise the existing badge. Evolution, in this case, would feel more comfortable than revolution. I do think that the existing badge has mileage in it, because the globe is indeed the 'goal' now. Personally, it's not one of those things that's going to upset me too much if it's changed though. I think that the owners respect the tradition of the club, so my feeling is that the basis of the badge will be kept the same.
Make Blues Great Again
14:03, Sat 27 Jan
Yes. We have the best badge in world football. It doesn't need the extra white band around it or any change.

Our badge is Brilliant.

Can you imagine if we had a baby yellow Teddy bear on it like some..
15:52, Sat 27 Jan
Falstaff
Charcy
Bluemarc81
Doesn’t need changing at all. Would be a Wayne Rooney esque error to do it

Seriously though if you can make something that works better for casual clothing, and become a brand globally then it's worth it.

The KRO hoodies are nicer than the ones with the badge on for instance.

American sports teams sell millions of hats at 40 dollars plus per unit. Have to look at the brand as a whole and that is much bigger than just the badge. If it worked and we made loads of cash out of it people would forget within a few years. Shirts in theory ought to be a small percentage of merchandise sales especially with undftd on board.

The badge is 50 years old it's not deep rooted in our history - indeed it was meant to usher in an era of European football so it failed, it's really not a big deal to change this if it's done right.

We have to think big and lead, we are going to have to break some eggs to do that.

I think the concept of the badge is brilliant. I just think it looks like it was drawn badly. The globe is embarrassingly inaccurate. Yes, it’s clearly a globe, but that’s about it. Keep the concept, but improve it.

If they change it completely , then I’ll reserve judgement until I see what they replace it with. You don’t know, it just be something that is even better than what we have, which I agree isn’t deep rooted in the club’s history.

Sensible man.
Mandated as the Poster of Reason - October 2023
15:54, Sat 27 Jan
I don’t think anyone would seriously object to cleaning it up.

I don’t want to go for one of those soulless shite PES circular badges that half the worlds seems to have gone with.
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.