16:27, Sun 4 Feb
Poke the woke, spoke the dope
16:32, Sun 4 Feb
Loads of shows from those days were brilliantly funny and superbly written; 'Til Death, Good Life, Rising Damp, Likely Lads, Steptoe....the list is endless.

There was just as much shite mind...
There's too much opinion and not enough fact.
16:42, Sun 4 Feb
I quite like that šŸ‘Œ

Much better than what Rasputin could muster up.
16:46, Sun 4 Feb
IanT
Loads of shows from those days were brilliantly funny and superbly written; 'Til Death, Good Life, Rising Damp, Likely Lads, Steptoe....the list is endless.

There was just as much shite mind...

Actually, thatā€™s about it for the list šŸ˜. I liked Leonard Rossiter. The likely lads doesnā€™t stand up as well you might think I reckon. The Good Life was funny because of Paul Eddington and Penelope Keith, superb performers.
16:48, Sun 4 Feb
All four of them in the Good Life were superb.

It was perfect casting.

Butterflies was ace too, although a bit later.
16:50, Sun 4 Feb
I still love The Likely Lads
Tony Fantastico
16:55, Sun 4 Feb
Watched some of the first series a little while back. Found it a bit boring. Each to their own I suppose.
16:56, Sun 4 Feb
The comedy of today is just so unfunny, it baffles me how it actually makes anyone laugh.

Joe is spot on with what he says, social club humour is dying in front of our eyes and now we just have woke rubbish.
16:57, Sun 4 Feb
IanT

It was perfect casting.

Butterflies was ace too, although a bit later.

I suppose itā€™s taste. I found Felicity Kendall too twee myself. Donā€™t think thereā€™s such a trade in sitcoms these days though I think there are some enjoyable ones in the last few years.
16:58, Sun 4 Feb
Sunik
The comedy of today is just so unfunny, it baffles me how it actually makes anyone laugh.

Joe is spot on with what he says, social club humour is dying in front of our eyes and now we just have woke rubbish.

šŸ˜‚as if you get your entertainment in the social club
17:10, Sun 4 Feb
Sunik

I dunno, I found some of this thread comical in a sad way.
17:18, Sun 4 Feb
effing Butterflies. Sickening.
17:21, Sun 4 Feb
Come on now.

Reported.
17:31, Sun 4 Feb
Llanon_joe
I've only just turned 34! So mother in law jokes and comedians blacking up hasn't ever appealed to me either. I also haven't mentioned anything about enjoying them jokes and I haven't said that I enjoy blazing saddles.
I was making a point of not finding a lot of the modern comedians funny. But as usual you can't make a point without being assumed you mean something completely different. But it's ok. It's Sunday, I'm bored and fancied a game of 'poke the woke'. Which is incredibly easy on here.

Wow. I felt certain you were older than 60 given the stuff you post on SHA.
17:32, Sun 4 Feb
IanT

It was perfect casting. Yes agreed

Butterflies was ace too, although a bit later. No not for me.