19:02, Mon 12 Feb
Tam
Nikola Zigic
Thongs
This.

Obviously hope we stuff them but I'm not sure I understand why the bloke is cowardly.

'Cos it's easy to type on an internet forum. 😁

Because if you were at any away game at team like Norwich, Watford, etc you’d get that paying money and travelling to watch a team which comes out onto the pitch already beaten gets really effing irritating.
Tam
19:04, Mon 12 Feb
Tom TheProject Brady
Nikola Zigic
Thongs
This.

Obviously hope we stuff them but I'm not sure I understand why the bloke is cowardly.

Because if you were at any away game at team like Norwich, Watford, etc you’d get that paying money and travelling to watch a team which comes out onto the pitch already beaten gets really effing irritating.

I'm sure that it does. Doesn't make anyone a coward though because you don't like their approach to football matches.
Make Blues Great Again
19:04, Mon 12 Feb
Tam
Kinda does.
Tam
19:05, Mon 12 Feb
Tom TheProject Brady
Kinda does.

It really doesn't.
Make Blues Great Again
19:20, Mon 12 Feb
Tam
Tam
Tom TheProject Brady
Nikola Zigic
Thongs
This.

I'm sure that it does. Doesn't make anyone a coward though because you don't like their approach to football matches.

Yeah, I was at Watford, for example, I was disappointed we didn't go more attacking but being pragmatic with the tools available is more sensible than cowardly to me.

Rooney was very brave at Boro and how did that go, for instance?

Some people are a bit odd sometimes, the guy was decent for us, tried his best, got ok results and kept us up- i.e. did his job. He didn't leave for another job, didn't try and screw us over.

Do we need to be silly and insulting about him? No. Each to their own I guess.

He's not our manager, I'll ignore him. Not sure why everyone else can't.
H

Consistently correct.
19:20, Mon 12 Feb
Tam
Tom TheProject Brady
Kinda does.

It really doesn't.

Going away to dross like Norwich and rolling over, hoping for a draw at best, is the definition of cowardly football.

Setting up to be tough to beat and losing valiantly is fine, that’s not what ever happened in these games though, we’d go and get our bellies tickled with no fight back. It happened too often for it to not be a coincidence with the way we set up.
Tam
19:29, Mon 12 Feb
Tom TheProject Brady
Tom TheProject Brady
Kinda does.

It really doesn't.

Going away to dross like Norwich and rolling over, hoping for a draw at best, is the definition of cowardly football.

Setting up to be tough to beat and losing valiantly is fine, that’s not what ever happened in these games though, we’d go and get our bellies tickled with no fight back. It happened too often for it to not be a coincidence with the way we set up.

OK - well, 'cowardly football' is a bit different from calling someone a coward, so that's fair enough if that's your view. I don't necessarily agree with that, because it could have been pragmatism and a knowledge of his side. The stats this season would suggest that he may have been on the right track as far as knowing his squad goes. Whatever it was in those 11 games was working better than in the 19 that followed it, so maybe he'd called it right. Or almost right - or in some games, totally wrong perhaps.

It always makes me cringe when a manager is labelled a coward, tbh - I think that it takes some nerve to stand before a crowd of sometimes tens of thousands and have your decisions questioned and sometimes abused, with the pressure that comes with that. Not to mention the social media and forum examination and sometimes abuse that is part of the job these days. I'm not sure I'd have the bottle to run that particular gauntlet. Although, to be fair, I'm a coward!
Make Blues Great Again
19:38, Mon 12 Feb
Tam
“Knowing your side” is fine but it doesn’t excuse the attitudes at some away performances last season and at the beginning of this year IMO. It was like the players had been told that they’re probably going to lose and they’d been set up to not make it embarrassing.

Mowbray will have us doing better than JE had in much less time (again, IMO).
Tam
19:53, Mon 12 Feb
Tom TheProject Brady
“Knowing your side” is fine but it doesn’t excuse the attitudes at some away performances last season and at the beginning of this year IMO. It was like the players had been told that they’re probably going to lose and they’d been set up to not make it embarrassing.

Mowbray will have us doing better than JE had in much less time (again, IMO).

The first part is a bit of a guess though, isn't it, to be fair? You may be right, but we've also had much criticism over the attitudes of the players under various managers regarding a losing culture. Does it come from the manager or the players - or the club? Or maybe a mixture. I agree on Mowbray being an upgrade, and I'm very happy with him as manager. I think he's benefited from having the Rooney era as a buffer of awfulness, as his appointment was almost universally well received, whereas a direct follow on from JE might have been greeted with a bit less enthusiasm.

Mowbray ruminated on the 'artists/soldiers conundrum after Friday's game, so perhaps there's a balance to be struck between a JE pragmatism and the ideal of front foot, possession-based football as the goal (and wouldn't a goal be nice!) for the rest of the season.
Make Blues Great Again
20:06, Mon 12 Feb
Hope we stuff the cowardly DVB.

Biggest prick comment of the day
20:16, Mon 12 Feb
😂 love you Rags, you mad’un x
Tam
20:19, Mon 12 Feb
Tom TheProject Brady

Yeah, I mean, so much for my tactful approach. 😂
Make Blues Great Again
20:35, Mon 12 Feb
Tam
Tom TheProject Brady

Yeah, I mean, so much for my tactful approach. 😂

It’s all opinions innit, and then Rags comes in with a personal insult.

Happens all the time and usually ends in me getting naughty stepped despite me not being the one which has been rude to another poster on here 😂
21:03, Mon 12 Feb
Nailed on we get dicked Tuesday.

And Thongs suddenly lose all internet access.
Tam
21:07, Mon 12 Feb
StechyBlue
Nailed on we get dicked Tuesday.

And Thongs suddenly lose all internet access.

Every cloud and all that... 😁
Make Blues Great Again