11:32, Fri 16 Feb
mad
mad
Fair enough move on but totally unconvinced by the ball tracking there. It was still rising when it strikes the pad high above the knee roll but they make it dip immediately after striking the pad on the "carefully" drawn cartoon graphic

Sorry are you seriously suggesting that India have rigged DRS? Any idea how ludicrous that sounds?

If so why didn’t they rig any of the earlier not outs rather than let England get runs?
11:33, Fri 16 Feb
Just looked a natural hitter, with a great eye. And clearly backs himself.

He's no 'athlete' mind
HackneyBlue
averages 70 in FC after 40 odd games think i heard

can't see Shreyas getting back in

I quite like Shreyas. I hope they don’t give up on him. I think he’s similar to Crawley. So much natural talent that it’s bound to work out. I felt the same way about Rohit when people were questioning him 5 or 6 years ago, which sounds silly in retrospect.
mad
11:35, Fri 16 Feb
Probably got one back there with the Duckett one

It is a risk yes with home advantage

But the faulty nature of DRS compared to the eagle eyed umpire is my main issue here

Like the old dodgy on field umpires decisions I suppose we have to learn to accept there will be at least some dodgy DRS decisions overturnings going forwards and that's fair enough
11:35, Fri 16 Feb
mad
It's not dodgy.
mad
11:36, Fri 16 Feb
Oldham
It's not dodgy.

I think the predicted path is wildly off
11:37, Fri 16 Feb
mad
mad
Oldham
It's not dodgy.

I think the predicted path is wildly off

It's better than the human eye.
There's too much opinion and not enough fact.
11:38, Fri 16 Feb
Fantastic day for England, well in.
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.
mad
11:38, Fri 16 Feb
Not in this specific case it wasn't

The on field original decision was a good one

The ball was never going to plateau in the way suggested by the cartoon they drew. Not in a million years

Admittedly if it happened to Labuschagne I'd almost certainly have said plumb 🤣
11:45, Fri 16 Feb
Quite like the BT coverage, informative ,while lacking hyperbole and laddish bantz
mad
11:51, Fri 16 Feb
Agreed. I think even in the first test when they never had the Premier League studio in Stockholm the guy doing the anchor job purely on audio from his basement in Watford or wherever did a really good job of taking the viewer through the course of the game. It's always easier if it's a good game though and these have been due to England being up for it and India being not quite at top of their game. If it's a dull one sided game the production needs to hype things up, drone on about individual stats, the concerning form of our of nick players etc... but there's been no need to here

Cook is good as is Finny. Trott was decent aswell when C5 had this three years ago
12:15, Fri 16 Feb
Yes, didn't think they'd be able to score at this rate in India. Thought their bowlers would have more control than the Aussies last summer, but seems not.
12:25, Fri 16 Feb
credit to the BCCI and the pitches tbf, not sure anyone was expecting them to be so good before the series
mad
12:46, Fri 16 Feb
Agreed. Get a lot of stick for various things the BCCI but this as much as England's approach can only help protect the test format going forwards

England's tactics have maybe encouraged them to produce decent all round pitches that offer something for everyone albeit low and slow. In the past a raging turner from Day 1 would have swamped England now it might just even up the Ashwin/Jadeja versus Hartley/Root working against the advantages India ought to have so they've tried to produce pitches so far where the best all round team should win and that should in theory favour India but this England side are knocking theories out the park in a way perhaps one or two county sides and NZ for a bit have in the past but not even the great Aussie sides of 1990's/2000's did this
generalBlue
Don't wanna jinx it but England off to a flyer in reply to India's 445.
At this rate they'll reach that score in 75 overs.
Duckett 68 off 50 balls.
Test cricket is changing and England are the architects of the new blueprint.

Narrator: “they didn’t reach the score in 75 overs”.

557 to win. Greatest test win of all time if they do it.