10:50, Wed 21 Feb
I think it's a shame how it panned out.

It didn't work out, but I dearly wanted it to all the way until the end of that Christmas period.

There were mistakes made, covered here & with validity, but I hope he makes a career out of being a manager & good luck to him.
Birmingham City: coming up with new ways to ruin your weekend since 1875
10:52, Wed 21 Feb
Spike
HackneyBlue
Nothing to argue with there really

Yeah, I agree. What he is saying is fair and accurate.

You go to every game, how can you say that the fans didn't support him?
H

Consistently correct.
10:55, Wed 21 Feb
He’s right. He was booed in his first home game with us ffs.
10:59, Wed 21 Feb
There was an element who were out of order and against him from the off, but the majority supported him, even if they didn't want him, rate him, or expect anything from him.

It was not easy for him, but ultimately fans do not make you push Aiwu up the right wing or send the players out in a Christmas pudding formation playing a different style every week, that's on him.

He had the opportunity to be successful and ultimately popular, he didn't take that opportunity because he's not a good football manager, and I will be amazed if he takes that opportunity at any other club that is brave enough to employ him.
Happy Clapper
11:00, Wed 21 Feb
I remember the announcer introducing him to the crowd at hull as our new manager, and the reaction was pretty bad. Think he got a few half arsed cheers and that was it. What followed that was a dismal 2-0 loss and fans telling him to go back to America. I don’t think his reign ever fully recovered from that.
11:13, Wed 21 Feb
Le Mod
There was an element who were out of order and against him from the off, but the majority supported him, even if they didn't want him, rate him, or expect anything from him.

It was not easy for him, but ultimately fans do not make you push Aiwu up the right wing or send the players out in a Christmas pudding formation playing a different style every week, that's on him.

He had the opportunity to be successful and ultimately popular, he didn't take that opportunity because he's not a good football manager, and I will be amazed if he takes that opportunity at any other club that is brave enough to employ him.

It's much less about those who booed him and shouted things at him at games and much more about the general reaction to him. As you said, most didn't want him or rate him and that very much came across despite a few forced "Rooney" chants.

That's why it felt like he was never accepted - not because he got called a tosspot whilst walking to the changing rooms.

I agree though that ultimately, it's on him. Plenty of managers have not been popular initially but have won fans over and Rooney failed to do that.
11:17, Wed 21 Feb
He'd have been accepted after a couple of games if there was any sign of progress, points or even something remotely recognisable as football.

The fact he was pissed up, barely at training, unable to articulate his ideas, unable to get the players on side and tactically brain-dead has nothing to do with it I guess.

He's right, we should all move on, but this notion of trying to blame the fans from him is daft.
H

Consistently correct.
11:19, Wed 21 Feb
i dont think he is blaming the fans

the reasons not everyone was behind him from day1 were actually nothing to do with him, he was starting from 10 steps back due to the circumstances and timing, which he refers to with Eustace

the reason he didnt pull it around was because he wasnt very good, but thats seperate to what hes talking about there, and hes probably not going to admit it either
11:20, Wed 21 Feb
I think any manager would’ve got pelters after the hull game if I’m honest. We were disastrous
11:22, Wed 21 Feb
The only negativity I felt was on social media rather than at the ground, majority knew it wouldn't work and it didn't, the Hull game was a reaction to a horrible horrible performance.
11:25, Wed 21 Feb
Nikola Zigic
newblue
Disagree with what?

That the fans didn't take to him.

There were Rooney masks and flags all over the away games. He had his name chanted despite us being effing awful.

Hull game aside he was encouraged and supported.

I also disagree we were in a false position, we'd accumulated enough points and goal difference to be in the playoffs. We deserved to be there. Would we have finished ther? Who knows. I know we'd have picked up more points than he did though.
We weren’t on the playoffs. You never are until you’ve completed the 46 games. That’s when you deserve your position
Given our away form we were in a false position.
We also were after Rooney got sacked
Tony Fantastico
11:26, Wed 21 Feb
Seems reasonable comments to me.

It didn't work out from day 1.
11:28, Wed 21 Feb
He is right that fans didn't warm to him, particularly on social media. But what did for him was the fact he was a dreadful manager. Of course he is not going to accept that and blames someone else. That is what he does it seems.
11:32, Wed 21 Feb
Nikola Zigic
He'd have been accepted after a couple of games if there was any sign of progress, points or even something remotely recognisable as football.

The fact he was pissed up, barely at training, unable to articulate his ideas, unable to get the players on side and tactically brain-dead has nothing to do with it I guess.

He's right, we should all move on, but this notion of trying to blame the fans from him is daft.

He's not blaming the fans, he really isn't.
There's too much opinion and not enough fact.
11:33, Wed 21 Feb
IanT
Nikola Zigic

He's not blaming the fans, he really isn't.

He's not blaming the fans, but he's using us as an excuse as to why he didn't do well and not acknowledging the support that he did get during his time here