11:33, Wed 21 Feb
I don’t think he was either.
11:47, Wed 21 Feb
Spike
My Blue Heaven
At the games he was largely supported, I wouldn’t use this site or social media which is pure toxic as a measure of the levels of support he had

The Hull game was pretty weird but we had an awful start in that game which didn’t help.

Leeds away things turned very toxic but with the games before that, in particular stoke, it was inevitable. His spell in charge of us was dreadful

Mate, I heard a lot of abuse toward him at games starting from about ten minutes into the Middlesbrough game.

And the Hull game he had people screaming at him that he was a c..t and should eff off back to America.

Even the game at Cardiff which we played well in and won, there were loads of people screaming abuse.

For whatever reason, there were a lot of people not having him from day one.
Agree. Majority supported him away but there was a minority spouting hate at games regularly
Tony Fantastico
My Blue Heaven
I don’t think he was either.

Brian Dick seems to think he is to an extent and I agree with him.

He's suggesting that fans were close minded and didn't give him time.

Ultimately if fans don't back you then you don't last long, ergo that's essentially at least part blaming the fans for his failure.
H

Consistently correct.
12:23, Wed 21 Feb
Rab C Nesbitt
We weren’t on the playoffs. You never are until you’ve completed the 46 games. That’s when you deserve your position
Given our away form we were in a false position.
We also were after Rooney got sacked

The points we had gathered by that point meant we were 6th in the table. Nothing false about that.
The cold never bothered me anyway
12:24, Wed 21 Feb
Rasputin
Rab C Nesbitt
We weren’t on the playoffs. You never are until you’ve completed the 46 games. That’s when you deserve your position

The points we had gathered by that point meant we were 6th in the table. Nothing false about that.

It really is as simple as that
H

Consistently correct.
12:26, Wed 21 Feb
Rasputin
Rab C Nesbitt

False position no, but early days yes. I think there is a fair point that position after 11 games isn't much of an indicator as where we will finish after 46 games.
12:29, Wed 21 Feb
Not a false position, we had earned the league position from teamwork and hard work defensively.

Were we likely to stay there under JE for a whole season? Probably not.

Were we going to they there under wazza? 100% not.

He has got the jobs he has gotten through his name and not his track record - it was always going to end in tears.
12:30, Wed 21 Feb
Nikola Zigic
Rasputin
Rab C Nesbitt

and when we were 3rd after a handful of games we should have been expecting promotion?
12:31, Wed 21 Feb
Nikola Zigic
Rasputin
Rab C Nesbitt

It’s not though . We’d played more home games than away. And you play each team home and away.. After the 5 games that followed I don’t think we’d have been so high. Hence we were in a false position
Tony Fantastico
12:33, Wed 21 Feb
regardless of false position or not, sacking the manager with 18 points from 11 games, was always going to be controversial, so he started behind the curve with a lot of the fans, its different to sacking a manager with 2 wins from 15 as there will always be hope/enthusiasm when the next bloke comes in, which Mowbray benefitted from.

of course he knew this whilst coming in, and backed himself anyway, but i dont think you can blame the fans for being sceptical from day 1
12:38, Wed 21 Feb
HackneyBlue
regardless of false position or not, sacking the manager with 18 points from 11 games, was always going to be controversial, so he started behind the curve with a lot of the fans, its different to sacking a manager with 2 wins from 15 as there will always be hope/enthusiasm when the next bloke comes in, which Mowbray benefitted from.

of course he knew this whilst coming in, and backed himself anyway, but i dont think you can blame the fans for being sceptical from day 1
Sceptical and poisonous are very different things. Agree with the rest though mate
Tony Fantastico
12:40, Wed 21 Feb
Nikola Zigic
He'd have been accepted after a couple of games if there was any sign of progress, points or even something remotely recognisable as football.

The fact he was pissed up, barely at training, unable to articulate his ideas, unable to get the players on side and tactically brain-dead has nothing to do with it I guess.

He's right, we should all move on, but this notion of trying to blame the fans from him is daft.

Ridiculous exaggeration of what he says.

Why can’t people be sane and rational? He didn’t succeed with us as he couldn’t get the team performing coherently and performance were poor. He wasn’t a great communicator but nowhere near as bad as people make out. But it all added to scepticism at best about the appointment and at worst downright hostility.

He hasn’t really said anything controversial in that interview, it’s quite straight. Why some people seem to want to have a take that isn’t actually there is a bit bewildering.
12:40, Wed 21 Feb
definitely, and im sure Rooney is referring to the poisonous abuse he got from a few, which is understandable as thats what he would remember the most.
12:43, Wed 21 Feb
Nikola Zigic
He'd have been accepted after a couple of games if there was any sign of progress, points or even something remotely recognisable as football.

The fact he was pissed up, barely at training, unable to articulate his ideas, unable to get the players on side and tactically brain-dead has nothing to do with it I guess.

He's right, we should all move on, but this notion of trying to blame the fans from him is daft.

Ridiculous exaggeration of what he says.

Why can’t people be sane and rational? He didn’t succeed with us as he couldn’t get the team performing coherently and performance were poor. He wasn’t a great communicator but nowhere near as bad as people make out. But it all added to scepticism at best about the appointment and at worst downright hostility.

He hasn’t really said anything controversial in that interview, it’s quite straight. Why some people seem to want to have a take that isn’t actually there is a bit bewildering.

NOSHA

Normal for SHA.
12:44, Wed 21 Feb
HackneyBlue
definitely, and im sure Rooney is referring to the poisonous abuse he got from a few, which is understandable as thats what he would remember the most.
👍
Tony Fantastico