00:03, Sun 17 Mar
Bit of an altercation with a few fans stood on the concourse after the game. Called his security guy and made a few “get them out” gestures. Gardner looked very uncomfortable throughout the row.

Four home games left, l can feel the heat rising even now.

I don’t think it would have happened if TW or TB were there.

He will be seen as the architect of our demise if we go down, a feat that even the previous incumbents didn’t manage.
Cook.
And no he won’t by me
Tony Fantastico
00:28, Sun 17 Mar
Name changed👍

Todays society always looks to apportion blame and looks for something to vent at. I don’t think anyone cheerfully accepts que sera sera anymore.

If l’m wrong then so be it, but in equal proportions Cook’s appointment of Rooney and Gardners woeful recruitment has brought us to this point.

Cook’s was a single mistake, Gardner has failed over several windows now. In my mind, if we do go down, that’s how l’ll deal with it.
02:17, Sun 17 Mar
At the core of our problems is that people are frustrated that overpaid "professional" "footballers" can't ever score tap ins at this club. Yelling at Cook in public at this stage of the season is plain wrong and cringe. I'd consider bans for these morons as they don't speak for the wider fanbase but cause problems for all of us. Those scum that were calling Rooney at tnuc at his first game in charge should also be hunted down and thrown out.
Cook is responsible for some of our woes and I'm waiting for the public apology from him for his part in this debacle we see playing out in front of us but it's just plain wrong to focus on him in this way.
The trajectory of this club is downwards as it seeks out rock bottom as a base to rebuild. Having billionaire hedge fund owners take over during this process of slow collapse doesn't, won't and cannot change this trajectory for a myriad of reasons but mainly due to FFP.
At this moment in time it seems rock bottom will arrive in May when we find ourselves in League one with hardly any of these players, people like GG gone.
You can't really blame Wagner and Cook for this situation, yes bad decisions have been made by all involved but the core of our problems is a decade of neglect means the club is a tanker with no engines drifting at sea. Those two are here to deliver better times but they cannot turn things around on a dime and in the meantime balling at them in public isn't helping.
02:41, Sun 17 Mar
I think cook made a massive error of judgement with Rooney, but I’d still keep him. We can’t blame Rooney for all of it, he’s been gone since January. Gardner needs replacing.
04:10, Sun 17 Mar
Regardless of all the club has done off the pitch this season, on the pitch, the bread and butter they have absolutely effed it.

I don’t trust the bloke at all. He’s a good talker but what has he delivered? Another relegation scrap, after all the feel good factor at the start of season, talk about snatching defeat from the jaws of victory:
06:57, Sun 17 Mar
I agree.
07:06, Sun 17 Mar
Getting rid of Cook is massive short term thinking. His world wide contacts and sports marketing knowledge will deliver long term. The fact they got rid of Rooney so quickly shows their acumen.

Which players should Gardner be blamed for signing? Burke yes, but how much are we even paying for him, we might only be paying a tiny fraction of his wages which means it was worth the punt. The rest generally as individual players this season we have tended to say they are good signings.
BCFC - Letting me down for 50 years
07:29, Sun 17 Mar
Robert Hopkins
Getting rid of Cook is massive short term thinking. His world wide contacts and sports marketing knowledge will deliver long term. The fact they got rid of Rooney so quickly shows their acumen.

Which players should Gardner be blamed for signing? Burke yes, but how much are we even paying for him, we might only be paying a tiny fraction of his wages which means it was worth the punt. The rest generally as individual players this season we have tended to say they are good signings.
How many players that we have recruited in 2-3 years can be considered success. I struggle to think of one. Thats partially due to resources available but you'd have hoped there might be 1 or 2.
07:32, Sun 17 Mar
Don't talk wet. It all falls back into Cook's lap. His fumble in october killed any momentum this season was gathering.

I'm glad he's getting stick at the games.
08:01, Sun 17 Mar
Ridiculous comment.

Leaving that aside i think it is clear the problem rests with recruitment. Both that the predecessor owners left so little wriggle room in FFP for more sizeable transfers and that Gardner’s recruitment with what little we have had has been frankly appalling.

CG has made multiple permanent signing poor choices and Stansfield/Dramah aside his loan market signings have been dreadful as well.

I am amazed he has survived.
08:04, Sun 17 Mar
BlueSteve
Robert Hopkins

How many players that we have recruited in 2-3 years can be considered success. I struggle to think of one. Thats partially due to resources available but you'd have hoped there might be 1 or 2.

I think last seasons recruitment was a success

Trusty ,Chong (who we sold for a profit) I think we’re a success as was Hannibal

Stansfield too

This years has been poor though. a definite lack of leaders
Don't talk wet. It all falls back into Cook's lap. His fumble in october killed any momentum this season was gathering.

I'm glad he's getting stick at the games.

Advocating violence in an already febrile atmosphere. Nice.
08:08, Sun 17 Mar
GBBlue
Ridiculous comment.

Leaving that aside i think it is clear the problem rests with recruitment. Both that the predecessor owners left so little wriggle room in FFP for more sizeable transfers and that Gardner’s recruitment with what little we have had has been frankly appalling.

CG has made multiple permanent signing poor choices and Stansfield/Dramah aside his loan market signings have been dreadful as well.

I am amazed he has survived.

The fact is that teams like Coventry manage within tight budgets. For me the big mistake was Rooney and that sits with the Board and Cook. It was a vanity project that a fragile club like Blues could not survive.
Blue since 67 - Will be there at the end of the road, whenever that may be!
We’ve lost 7 of the last 10. 5 out of the last 6, yet somehow it is all Rooneys fault?