The trend was set
Blue since 67 - Will be there at the end of the road, whenever that may be!
08:28, Sun 17 Mar
Rooney was a huge mistake yes but to be fair to Cook he did get rid of him earlier than most on here predicted and replaced him with a manager the majority of us were very happy with and who was just starting to get the team back to winning ways and playing better.

If we do go down then we can’t ignore the impact Mowbrays absence has had on this season, which is no one’s fault it’s just bad luck.

Having an assistant manager in charge of a team that have barely any leaders on the pitch for the last 14 games when you’re hovering above the relegation zone is only going to end one way really.
08:28, Sun 17 Mar
BlueSteve
Robert Hopkins
Getting rid of Cook is massive short term thinking. His world wide contacts and sports marketing knowledge will deliver long term. The fact they got rid of Rooney so quickly shows their acumen.

Which players should Gardner be blamed for signing? Burke yes, but how much are we even paying for him, we might only be paying a tiny fraction of his wages which means it was worth the punt. The rest generally as individual players this season we have tended to say they are good signings.
How many players that we have recruited in 2-3 years can be considered success. I struggle to think of one. Thats partially due to resources available but you'd have hoped there might be 1 or 2.

That’s just incorrect.

Stansfield
Paik
Buchanan
Laird
Bielik
Miyoshi
Drameh
Chong
Ruddy
Long
Trusty
Hannibal
Khadra

From the last 2 seasons alone have all been lauded on here as good signings.
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.
And yet, despite not 'surviving' we're STILL not in the relegation zone. And still have it all in our own hands.
'I truly believe that at some point during his Pompey tenure, Cotterill stated into the abyss and was met, after a time, with the gentlest of breezes and carried upon that breeze was a tiny, sweet voice, whispering "Everyone knows you're a ****". Over and over and over.' - The Secret Footballer, on Steve Cotterill.
08:37, Sun 17 Mar
Craig turned a profit on last season's dealings. His actions provided the money in the kitty for these current signings.

If Gardner was so inept then how did he come up with the 7 million that paid for 12 new deals, last summer?
08:41, Sun 17 Mar
Or if he’s not inept how come our striking options are so poor? Our squad so unbalanced? And most of the fanbase can’t wait to get rid of our out of contract players because they’re shit?
Tony Fantastico
Cook is by miles the best CEO we could get at the minute, it'd be lunacy to get rid.

Hopefully he's now learned that he should just leave the football side alone.

Wayne Rooney won't have relegated, there were 31 other matches to win.

I'd say that Mowbray's illness has had an equal negative impact, not that it can be helped of course.
“Oh Nikola Zigic”

H
08:54, Sun 17 Mar
Super Hans
BlueSteve
Robert Hopkins
Getting rid of Cook is massive short term thinking. His world wide contacts and sports marketing knowledge will deliver long term. The fact they got rid of Rooney so quickly shows their acumen.

Which players should Gardner be blamed for signing? Burke yes, but how much are we even paying for him, we might only be paying a tiny fraction of his wages which means it was worth the punt. The rest generally as individual players this season we have tended to say they are good signings.
How many players that we have recruited in 2-3 years can be considered success. I struggle to think of one. Thats partially due to resources available but you'd have hoped there might be 1 or 2.

That’s just incorrect.

Stansfield
Paik
Buchanan
Laird
Bielik
Miyoshi
Drameh
Chong
Ruddy
Long
Trusty
Hannibal
Khadra

From the last 2 seasons alone have all been lauded on here as good signings.
Trusty, Chong, Buchanan and Drameh have been OK. The rest just below average would be my judgement. If you look at their individual stats goals, assists and clean sheets are in short supply.
08:55, Sun 17 Mar
Considering the chronic lack of investment those are some fantastic signings, to suggest otherwise is silly imo.
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.
08:59, Sun 17 Mar
Stansfield below average??? - remind me how many teams did we beat off to get him?

I get things arent great at the minute but why are we making even more negativity for ourselves?
BCFC - Letting me down for 50 years
johnthefence
Bit of an altercation with a few fans stood on the concourse after the game. Called his security guy and made a few “get them out” gestures. Gardner looked very uncomfortable throughout the row.

Four home games left, l can feel the heat rising even now.

I don’t think it would have happened if TW or TB were there.

He will be seen as the architect of our demise if we go down, a feat that even the previous incumbents didn’t manage.

Facebook morons

"why don't they come to the game" - we get owners who come and they give them abuse

All of this is fuelled by idiots online saying "Cook should go". I was never overjoyed by Cook in the first place, and hated the Rooney decision, but you've got to give them a few years making sweeping judgements after a few month is just idiotic
I watched the 'altercation' cook shook the blokes hand so not sure how threatening it was was.
BCFC - Letting me down for 50 years
09:04, Sun 17 Mar
Robert Hopkins
Stansfield below average??? - remind me how many teams did we beat off to get him?
Wow, most clubs just offer more money.
09:20, Sun 17 Mar
Super Hans
Considering the chronic lack of investment those are some fantastic signings, to suggest otherwise is silly imo.
Chronic lack of investment hasn’t really been the issue tbf. We consistently spend way more than we generate hence continued P&S issues.
All that with yearly struggles in the bottom third
Tony Fantastico
09:27, Sun 17 Mar
Robert Hopkins

Genuine answer. I think Cook made an utterly ridiculous decision this season. I haven’t said we should get rid of him though. So maybe you’re replying generally as opposed to me?

Regards Gardner. I don’t credit/blame him for every signing. We sign players as a club.
What I will say though is that I do not share the view of many on here who claimed, before many of these players had kicked a ball for us, that we’d had great windows. We’ve not addressed a chronic lack of ability in front of goal and it looks like we are going to pay for it. I’m not saying I have all the answers either, but that’s not my job to. Just saying what I see.
The final point would be that it’s a completely moot point to say we’ve signed players who are individually good. If they can’t perform as a team, it’s worthless.
But listen, I’m sure everyone has done their best. So I’m not complaining, I’m just saying that it’s one big mess on the pitch and I’m definitely braced for relegation. That said, I think we will be back and stronger and before anyone says it that’s not to say I think relegation is a good thing. Again, is what it is and if it happens we deal with it. KRO.