11:32, Sun 17 Mar
If we go down he’s not completely blameless, but he’s not 100% accountable that most seem to think.
11:36, Sun 17 Mar
I agree with that but some won’t be convinced.
11:38, Sun 17 Mar
When Rooney was appointed it was to try and raise the profile of the club, they(the owners, CEO) keep saying "World Class" so by appointing a World Class name which Rooney is, they thought it was a great decision, unfortunately it backfired big style, yes mistakes were made and people are saying Cook should apologise and the like, do we ever apologise for all the mistakes we have made however big or small. The one thing that gets my back up is the blame game ie "it's all cooks fault", " blame Rooney" "blame Gardner". I have said it before and I will say it again these players are as a unit are not collectively good enough, individually some are quite OK, we don't have any players who can grab the others by the scruff of the neck and give them a bloody good shaking, we are weak, we have no leaders on the pitch,looking back at the Crazy gang era at Wimbledon there were no star players, but they had players who would give their all, fight for the cause and had 11 leaders on the pitch who were not afraid to speak up and name and shame the shirkers, this club with these players are slipping timidly down the division and show no signs of getting away from it, yesterday was better performance wise but we still lost. Forget all the fancy flicks and self applause when a pass comes off, get stuck in, don't be afraid to get hurt, make the opposition afraid, that way we may just sneak the points we need, but at the moment we are poor and have nothing to suggest we will get out of the mess we are currently in.
This.
'I truly believe that at some point during his Pompey tenure, Cotterill stated into the abyss and was met, after a time, with the gentlest of breezes and carried upon that breeze was a tiny, sweet voice, whispering "Everyone knows you're a ****". Over and over and over.' - The Secret Footballer, on Steve Cotterill.
11:40, Sun 17 Mar
True. Hes the easiest scapegoat cause of the Rooney debacle. That was all on cook yes, but Rooney has not been in the picture since January, so he can’t be blamed for all of it.

One of my worries is knowing how our fans hounded gollivan out, I worry if we go down, and our fans turn their toxicity on our owners, what’s to stop them just selling up and feeling this aren’t worth it. Obviously I’m hoping this is unlikely.
12:24, Sun 17 Mar
Cook obliterated the opportunity to bring in a new striker this year, when he spaffed the money on 2 new managers, in a three month period.

Talk about stupidity and not understanding the parameters involved.
12:45, Sun 17 Mar
I think people are forgetting a little bit of history here. The last time we had semi decent owners we were relegated in their first year to the 3rd tier. It was hopeful in the extreme that the current squad was good enough to avoid the situation we are in. I can see history repeating, and I don't blame the new management team. It's a rancid culture at the football level that needs cleansing. We can only do that with astute management like Cook and Wagner doing the stuff off the field that they are already doing so well.
12:46, Sun 17 Mar
foghorn leghorn
Cook obliterated the opportunity to bring in a new striker this year, when he spaffed the money on 2 new managers, in a three month period.

Talk about stupidity and not understanding the parameters involved.

I think you should go round his house and tell him what you think
13:19, Sun 17 Mar
Super Hans
BlueSteve
Robert Hopkins
Getting rid of Cook is massive short term thinking. His world wide contacts and sports marketing knowledge will deliver long term. The fact they got rid of Rooney so quickly shows their acumen.

Which players should Gardner be blamed for signing? Burke yes, but how much are we even paying for him, we might only be paying a tiny fraction of his wages which means it was worth the punt. The rest generally as individual players this season we have tended to say they are good signings.
How many players that we have recruited in 2-3 years can be considered success. I struggle to think of one. Thats partially due to resources available but you'd have hoped there might be 1 or 2.

That’s just incorrect.

Stansfield
Paik
Buchanan
Laird
Bielik
Miyoshi
Drameh
Chong
Ruddy
Long
Trusty
Hannibal
Khadra

From the last 2 seasons alone have all been lauded on here as good signings.
Trusty, Chong, Buchanan and Drameh have been OK. The rest just below average would be my judgement. If you look at their individual stats goals, assists and clean sheets are in short supply.

And collectively they are shit.
13:27, Sun 17 Mar
BlueSteve
Super Hans
BlueSteve
Robert Hopkins
Getting rid of Cook is massive short term thinking. His world wide contacts and sports marketing knowledge will deliver long term. The fact they got rid of Rooney so quickly shows their acumen.

Which players should Gardner be blamed for signing? Burke yes, but how much are we even paying for him, we might only be paying a tiny fraction of his wages which means it was worth the punt. The rest generally as individual players this season we have tended to say they are good signings.
How many players that we have recruited in 2-3 years can be considered success. I struggle to think of one. Thats partially due to resources available but you'd have hoped there might be 1 or 2.

That’s just incorrect.

Stansfield
Paik
Buchanan
Laird
Bielik
Miyoshi
Drameh
Chong
Ruddy
Long
Trusty
Hannibal
Khadra

From the last 2 seasons alone have all been lauded on here as good signings.
Trusty, Chong, Buchanan and Drameh have been OK. The rest just below average would be my judgement. If you look at their individual stats goals, assists and clean sheets are in short supply.

Chong netted us a couple million in profit to help is with FFP, a cracking bit of business, and was a good player whilst he was here.
13:47, Sun 17 Mar
Dave
Regardless of all the club has done off the pitch this season, on the pitch, the bread and butter they have absolutely effed it.

I don’t trust the bloke at all. He’s a good talker but what has he delivered? Another relegation scrap, after all the feel good factor at the start of season, talk about snatching defeat from the jaws of victory:

Completely agree with this, he really screwed this up, and ultimately wasn’t fantastic Man City either
13:48, Sun 17 Mar
Bluenose27
True. Hes the easiest scapegoat cause of the Rooney debacle. That was all on cook yes, but Rooney has not been in the picture since January, so he can’t be blamed for all of it.

One of my worries is knowing how our fans hounded gollivan out, I worry if we go down, and our fans turn their toxicity on our owners, what’s to stop them just selling up and feeling this aren’t worth it. Obviously I’m hoping this is unlikely.

Hardly a scapegoat when he’s the cause of it?
13:50, Sun 17 Mar
We all now how it works. If the team are winning the owners are fine, possibly brilliant, the manager is a genius and the team are heroes. Conversely….
13:54, Sun 17 Mar
But he’s not the only person to blame. He takes the rap for the Rooney thing, but he’s been gone since January, we can’t blame Rooney for how we’ve been dire since as well.
13:55, Sun 17 Mar
Docky91
Dave
Regardless of all the club has done off the pitch this season, on the pitch, the bread and butter they have absolutely effed it.

I don’t trust the bloke at all. He’s a good talker but what has he delivered? Another relegation scrap, after all the feel good factor at the start of season, talk about snatching defeat from the jaws of victory:

Completely agree with this, he really screwed this up, and ultimately wasn’t fantastic Man City either
He’s delivered fixed stands. More facilities. Massive investment in our pitch and training pitches. Apparent plans for a new stadium and complex, biggest sponsorship deal in our history , regular meetings for fans to attend and find out plans and more ,but yeah he’s not delivered anything
Tony Fantastico