09:34, Sun 17 Mar
Which I’m not sure can be attributed to CG.

The contracts for Colin, Dean, Etheridge, Hogan, Friend and so on have been the major ones taking a chunk of that investment. Since CG was placed as technical director in 2021 our net spend on transfers has been pretty much £0.

By all means get rid of him though, one more DVB out of the club. Shouldn’t have been brought back after leaving for his one month holiday in Sheffield.
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.
09:37, Sun 17 Mar
👍
Tony Fantastico
09:41, Sun 17 Mar
I'd say a scoring rate of 10 in 39 is pretty average. To be fair to Stansfild though I think we have dragged him down to our level. Plus he's not a striker.
09:48, Sun 17 Mar
BlueSteve
I'd say a scoring rate of 10 in 39 is pretty average. To be fair to Stansfild though I think we have dragged him down to our level. Plus he's not a striker.

He's 21 - 10 goals at this level in our team is decent.

He has decent potential, we don't own him though so not sure how useful his potential is to us
10:09, Sun 17 Mar
Cook has made one single error. Yes it was a big one, but it is still only one. Why a certain section of our fans, seem determined to hound him out of the club is beyond me.
If we go down I will be livid, because it is all our own doing
But we will still be in a far better position than we have been for years.
The last thing we need to do is drive Knighthead out, by targeting their chosen man
The fact that Jellyfish have survived for 500 million years without a brain, must give hope to a lot of people
10:12, Sun 17 Mar
Romney was replaced with enough games left to effect change

Typically though, we finally get the right manager and he falls ill.

The reason we are in this mess isn’t just cook, isn’t just Rooney and isn’t just poorly Uncle Tony

It’s a combination and also the last few years coming home to roost
10:15, Sun 17 Mar
Fat Buddha CBE
We’ve lost 7 of the last 10. 5 out of the last 6, yet somehow it is all Rooneys fault?

Yep. His figures are worse than Zola aren’t they?
[youtube.com]

Into The Shadows 2024 Tour Dates -

17 Feb - Theatre Severn, Shrewsbury
2 Mar - Taachi Morris Arts Centre, Taunton
30 Mar - Prince Of Wales Theatre, Cannock
20 Apr - Brewhouse Arts Centre, Burton on Trent
7 June - Theatre On The Steps, Bridgnorth
8 June - Theatre On The Steps, Bridgnorth
28 Sept - Exmouth Pavilion
18 Oct - Garrick Theatre, Lichfield
19 Oct - Garrick Theatre, Lichfield
10:15, Sun 17 Mar
Super Hans
BlueSteve
Robert Hopkins
Getting rid of Cook is massive short term thinking. His world wide contacts and sports marketing knowledge will deliver long term. The fact they got rid of Rooney so quickly shows their acumen.

Which players should Gardner be blamed for signing? Burke yes, but how much are we even paying for him, we might only be paying a tiny fraction of his wages which means it was worth the punt. The rest generally as individual players this season we have tended to say they are good signings.
How many players that we have recruited in 2-3 years can be considered success. I struggle to think of one. Thats partially due to resources available but you'd have hoped there might be 1 or 2.

That’s just incorrect.

Stansfield
Paik
Buchanan
Laird
Bielik
Miyoshi
Drameh
Chong
Ruddy
Long
Trusty
Hannibal
Khadra

From the last 2 seasons alone have all been lauded on here as good signings.

Ta. Saved me a long post
The fact that Jellyfish have survived for 500 million years without a brain, must give hope to a lot of people
10:53, Sun 17 Mar
Many just want someone to blame. But these are the same people who sit in silence when we win and do well. Because they feed off negativity.

I barely saw many of the posters blasting Cook, or screaming about relegation on here when we beat Blackburn and Sunderland.

Fickle.

Keep Cook, get rid of the negative feckers.
'I truly believe that at some point during his Pompey tenure, Cotterill stated into the abyss and was met, after a time, with the gentlest of breezes and carried upon that breeze was a tiny, sweet voice, whispering "Everyone knows you're a ****". Over and over and over.' - The Secret Footballer, on Steve Cotterill.
I’m happy with Cook and not screaming relegation but there’s been huge failings at the club for too long.
I’m a postman and if I misdeliver letters or a parcel I get blamed. And rightfully so. If anything we’re too patient as a fanbase. Me very much included
Tony Fantastico
The failings over a long time is what has affected us deeply this season. We can't even argue it came out of nowhere. It's been here with us the entire time. It is a rot that set in a many years ago and we've got a huge job fixing that.

The deadwood and lack of leadership being the driver of it.

Its just my opinion that too many people register onto this forum to spew their poison, but suddenly disappear when things do go right.
'I truly believe that at some point during his Pompey tenure, Cotterill stated into the abyss and was met, after a time, with the gentlest of breezes and carried upon that breeze was a tiny, sweet voice, whispering "Everyone knows you're a ****". Over and over and over.' - The Secret Footballer, on Steve Cotterill.
11:19, Sun 17 Mar
Redditch Blue
Robert Hopkins
Getting rid of Cook is massive short term thinking. His world wide contacts and sports marketing knowledge will deliver long term. The fact they got rid of Rooney so quickly shows their acumen.

Which players should Gardner be blamed for signing? Burke yes, but how much are we even paying for him, we might only be paying a tiny fraction of his wages which means it was worth the punt. The rest generally as individual players this season we have tended to say they are good signings.

Genuine answer. I think Cook made an utterly ridiculous decision this season. I haven’t said we should get rid of him though. So maybe you’re replying generally as opposed to me?

Regards Gardner. I don’t credit/blame him for every signing. We sign players as a club.
What I will say though is that I do not share the view of many on here who claimed, before many of these players had kicked a ball for us, that we’d had great windows. We’ve not addressed a chronic lack of ability in front of goal and it looks like we are going to pay for it. I’m not saying I have all the answers either, but that’s not my job to. Just saying what I see.
The final point would be that it’s a completely moot point to say we’ve signed players who are individually good. If they can’t perform as a team, it’s worthless.
But listen, I’m sure everyone has done their best. So I’m not complaining, I’m just saying that it’s one big mess on the pitch and I’m definitely braced for relegation. That said, I think we will be back and stronger and before anyone says it that’s not to say I think relegation is a good thing. Again, is what it is and if it happens we deal with it. KRO.

Definitely this.
Our current position cannot be put onto a single decision. The club's predicament is down to many many different factors over many many years. And, yes, some bad decisions this season (bringing in Rooney) has added to that. Blaming one person (Cook) is pointless. You could just as easily blame the EFL for FFP rules - if not for these our new owners probably would have invested much more into the squad than we were allowed to.

And, if fans were abusing Cook and he told security to get them out. Good. No excuse for launching abuse at people in any walk of life.

It sucks right now and maybe this is finally the season we go down but some of the stuff I'm seeing online is ridiculous. Proper analysis of all of the clubs woes over the last dozen or more years will show the real cause has been neglect, lack of investment in the playing squad, decline in infrastructure and added to that some rotten decisions and poor choices.

If we end up in league one this rot started a long time ago.

And now I'm going to annoy some people on this forum... I'm still hopeful. With better management, investment in infrastructure, rebuilding the playing squad over time (and yes it needs time, not one season) I can see Birmingham being competitive again. KRO.
Remember we used to look across the expressway and talk about them being rotten to the core and no matter what they did they couldn't rid themselves of it. We have started the process of riding ourselves of that rot its just going to take some time.
BCFC - Letting me down for 50 years
11:29, Sun 17 Mar
Insane that Cook is getting the kind of abuse that Sullivan got after 10 years in charge.

Neanderthals at all clubs, sadly with social media we all have to put up with them being amplified.