11:42, Tue 19 Mar
rubywalsh
Honestly can’t believe how the players have melted under Venus and Cole. The squad is rotten to the core with to many weak links. This has to be the worst season i can remember.
You can’t point the finger at management all you want but responsibility has to come to the players.
The players have taken the piss ! Genuinely feel so sorry for Tony and I’m gutted because he had the players playing some of the best football I’ve seen in years. Imagine the Shame he has having to watch them put in performances like that whilst fighting an illness on a sick bed.
I’m not a rowett fan in fact I can’t stand him, but I hope he comes in and gives these spineless toothless bunch of degenerates a royal kick up the arse !!

Go on my son. Correct. The players are weak as piss. Not good enough.
11:45, Tue 19 Mar
The players won’t be arsed at all imo. Short term manager and most of the squad are leaving soon. Do they really care if we go down? I doubt it.
11:46, Tue 19 Mar
Some will, some won't. That's human nature.
11:46, Tue 19 Mar
Shaun of Brum
BlueSteve
I'd prefer TM to come back but as this is not possible - for me this is a sensible solution. Rowett is an intelligent guy who gave a worse group of players confidence in 2014.

It is the correct sensible decision.

Rowett will easily get us over the line, Mowbray will not be rushed back.

Then we can play for next season in this division building for a shot at the Prem under TM.

I am all for it. It is absolutely needed.

100% agree. We were nosediving into League one. Something had to happen and they’ve acted. I’m more confident now hearing this 👍🏻
11:47, Tue 19 Mar
TBF last time he arrived we were 23rd and when he left a couple of years later we were 7th.Would settle for some of that at the moment.

As Waggeh said, Venus really doesn’t look happy in the role.

I don’t mind Rowett, don’t like him much, don’t dislike him much. Was surprised as hell when we sacked him but not unhappy.

He is the ultimate dour pragmatist, and I can put up with that for a few weeks.

I hope he’s had a chat with the current coaches and they are all content. Wouldn’t want to see Rowett install a completely new set up.
TrickyBlue
The players won’t be arsed at all imo. Short term manager and most of the squad are leaving soon. Do they really care if we go down? I doubt it.

I reckon Saturday's performance against Watford suggested they do care. It was full of energy and commitment and on another day we'd have won that game 3 or 4-1. So I certainly don't expect any downing of tools between now and the end of the season.
I don't think that's true. They haven't looked they don't care over the past few weeks - they just look low on confidence and things aren't going their way. We need someone to turn that aspect around and it's clearly not Venus.
11:49, Tue 19 Mar
rubywalsh
Honestly can’t believe how the players have melted under Venus and Cole. The squad is rotten to the core with to many weak links. This has to be the worst season i can remember.
You can’t point the finger at management all you want but responsibility has to come to the players.
The players have taken the piss ! Genuinely feel so sorry for Tony and I’m gutted because he had the players playing some of the best football I’ve seen in years. Imagine the Shame he has having to watch them put in performances like that whilst fighting an illness on a sick bed.
I’m not a rowett fan in fact I can’t stand him, but I hope he comes in and gives these spineless toothless bunch of degenerates a royal kick up the arse !!

👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
Been saying this since Boxing Day v Stoke. Players are a disgrace
11:53, Tue 19 Mar
Yew Tree Blue
rubywalsh

👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
Been saying this since Boxing Day v Stoke. Players are a disgrace

I don't think he will be kicking players up the arse. I think he will be more of an arm around the shoulder guy, one of the lads, probably Eustacesque. But he was a young manager with players not far off his age when he did that approach last time he was here, time has changed. I still feel more optimistic.
12:00, Tue 19 Mar
Le Mod
I agree

Wagner is a numbers man and taking all emotion out of it, the chances of us staying up with Rowett are greater than with Venus, that's the logic.

We just need to stay up, everything else is noise.
Spot on. We’re going down as it stands, and we need to do everything possible to avoid that.
Millwall were on a dead and buried run, and have “gone back” to Harris with astonishing results.
I just hope with all my heart that it is with TM’s blessing, and that he does indeed return in the summer
12:01, Tue 19 Mar
rubywalsh

They'll never be more prove how a manager makes a difference that the evidence of this season at St Andrews.

Mowbray said himself that he helps install believe into players.

I am not having the "these players are rotten".

These players are a similar standard to most in the division.

The last three 1-0 losses I believe would have been wins under Mowbray, Eustace or Rowett.
They'd have been bigger losses under Rooney.

Rowett will give the players the spark they need, we will stay up easily under him.
12:02, Tue 19 Mar
TresorLuntala
If true, he will do what he did before and make us hard to beat, not sure about the goalscoring front mind.

8 draws will see us on 47 points, might be enough.

Cos we've been banging them in for fun with all our so called flair players

3 blanks on the spin so can't be any worse
12:03, Tue 19 Mar
If he can get us nicking three wins 1-0, I am all for it.
12:03, Tue 19 Mar
Players are generally good under good managers and bad under bad ones. It's the been the same at Vile (Gerrard vs Emery) and the same at WBA (Bruce vs Corberan), exactly the same players, massively contrasting results.

Call them a disgrace and scumbags if you like but they're like virtually every other set of them, they need guidance and leadership.

Ironically there have been some people who have claimed over and over that managers don't make a difference, that are now saying that this appointment will save our season.
Happy Clapper
12:05, Tue 19 Mar
Le Mod
Players are generally good under good managers and bad under bad ones. It's the been the same at Vile (Gerrard vs Emery) and the same at WBA (Bruce vs Corberan), exactly the same players, massively contrasting results.

Call them a disgrace and scumbags if you like but they're like virtually every other set of them, they need guidance and leadership.

Ironically there have been some people who have claimed over and over that managers don't make a difference, that are now saying that this appointment will save our season.

Spot on Mod