10:01, Tue 19 Mar
Exceptional circumstances, we had to do something.

The question I asked myself this morning is do we have a better chance of staying up under GR than Venus? The answer was unequivocally yes - so he'll get my full support and backing until the end of the season, hopefully we beat the drop and forget this season ever happened.
10:02, Tue 19 Mar
Miamivice
If it's true we need to back him.

Moaning, complaining, booing won't help.

Get him in, keep us up and hope TM makes a full recovery.

KRO

Exactly excellent words.
Rowett’s wining / loss ratio was ok at Millwall?
Was he another Manager Blues sacked for doing too well. Our record breaking stay in the championship makes certain memories fade! KRO
Just a perfect day. Drink sangria in the park And then later, when it gets dark...We go home
10:05, Tue 19 Mar
He was sacked for touting his services round London wasn't he?
10:05, Tue 19 Mar
Absolutely delighted with this appointment. Watch the Juke turn into prime Henry for these last 8 games 😂
10:07, Tue 19 Mar
Wow, didn't see this happening. Only at Blues eh.
Up the feckin Blues
10:07, Tue 19 Mar
Amy T
Le Mod
Incoming

[x.com]

Oh for eff sake.

Absolutely lunatic decision if it happens. Won’t work either.

Nice and positive as always!

Who were you expecting to save the day? Jose Mourinho!?

Get behind him
10:08, Tue 19 Mar
Rather us do something than nothing, we were never gonna win a game under Venus, unfortunately.
10:09, Tue 19 Mar
We simply cannot be relegated, keeping Venus in charge imo guarantees that on what we’ve watched since TM stepped away, we need someone to command the dressing room and get these bunch of mercenaries over the line.
Don’t like snake Rowett whatsoever, but his affiliation was to the old owners not Knighthead!
TM simply isn’t well enough and whatever happens with him going forward can wait til the summer, let’s just get over the line this season, a move had to be made!

Rowett now has two full weeks pretty much, imo his pragmatic style similarly to JE should suit this squad.
I don’t love it but it needed to happen, forget the past, we need to back him!
I agree

Wagner is a numbers man and taking all emotion out of it, the chances of us staying up with Rowett are greater than with Venus, that's the logic.

We just need to stay up, everything else is noise.
Happy Clapper
Tam
Amy T
Le Mod
Incoming

[x.com]

Oh for eff sake.

Absolutely lunatic decision if it happens. Won’t work either.

It looks like the alternative is doing nothing and looking at more of the same. Venus is clearly struggling and it's not his fault. He (and Tony) might actually appreciate the support.

Obviously Tony isn't ready to come back, and I hope that this helps ease any stress for him on that score.

The thought of Rowett coming back as manager is pretty grim for me, but he's a pragmatic manager, he gets his players working to a pattern and we need that right now.

I think that the squad is capable of adapting. After all, it's by and large the same squad that was more pragmatic under Eustace.

Obviously, staying up is the be all and end all in football terms this season, but it's a concern that Tony's progress might not be going as well as hoped.

I'm happy that the club has made the decision though, regardless of how keen or not keen, on Rowett. The key is survival, and I have to admit that I was getting more doubtful with every game. It was the Boro game that did it, really
Make Blues Great Again
10:10, Tue 19 Mar
e17blue
He was sacked for touting his services round London wasn't he?

I think he was trying to jump before he got pushed, but still got pushed anyway.
The writing was on the wall for him - the club wanted a big name who'd play exciting football, not Gary in a jumper playing Rowettball.
10:11, Tue 19 Mar
Not keen on rowett but he'll keep us up and will get far better results than Venus. Just hope Mowbray is back next season.

Can't knock the board for this just wish they done it 7 games ago but then again we don't know the full story with Mowbray so perhaps a recent update they've had regarding his recovery has forced them to act when originally they hoped they wouldn't have to
10:11, Tue 19 Mar
The GOAT has returned. Buzzing. We stay up now almost certainly.
10:14, Tue 19 Mar
Rab C Nesbitt
I’m almost lost for words.
eff me

Every cloud....
10:15, Tue 19 Mar
YellowRivers
BlueSteve
New manager bounces aren't just a cliche they tend to happen. Watford performed better than they have in a month when they played us following their managerial change.

I’m not denying new manager bounces are a thing but Watford were poor and lucky we both gifted them a goal and fluffed our own chances. More to do with the fact they were playing us than their new manager in my opinion.
That is true
Tony Fantastico