10:16, Tue 19 Mar
😂😂😳
10:16, Tue 19 Mar
StechyBlue
I'm feeling way more positive about staying up now, but Christ how the eff has this all come full circle to when we got rid of rowett all those years ago. Couldn't bloody write it could you. Just needs to keep us up now

It's almost like the fans know what they're talking about.

The club literally said "this Rooney appointment is nothing like the Zola one".

....and here we are: 8 games to go, 4th from bottom on fecking goal difference, looking to appoint a 'get us out the shit' manager.

We fecking called it months ago.
It couldn't be any more identical if you tried.

I don't fancy going to the wire though, if you can wrap it up sooner that be fab, cheers Gary.
No one called Mowbray getting ill.
People are getting madder by the day
Tony Fantastico
10:17, Tue 19 Mar
Pleased with this and now feel happier about our chances of staying up

KRO
10:18, Tue 19 Mar
Tam
Tam
Amy T
Le Mod
Incoming

[x.com]

Oh for eff sake.

Absolutely lunatic decision if it happens. Won’t work either.

It looks like the alternative is doing nothing and looking at more of the same. Venus is clearly struggling and it's not his fault. He (and Tony) might actually appreciate the support.

Obviously Tony isn't ready to come back, and I hope that this helps ease any stress for him on that score.

The thought of Rowett coming back as manager is pretty grim for me, but he's a pragmatic manager, he gets his players working to a pattern and we need that right now.

I think that the squad is capable of adapting. After all, it's by and large the same squad that was more pragmatic under Eustace.

Obviously, staying up is the be all and end all in football terms this season, but it's a concern that Tony's progress might not be going as well as hoped.

I'm happy that the club has made the decision though, regardless of how keen or not keen, on Rowett. The key is survival, and I have to admit that I was getting more doubtful with every game. It was the Boro game that did it, really

Yeah, given our position then inaction wasn't an option and better this than Mowbray feeling he has to come back before he is ready - hopefully this is about taking the pressure of him as well, so he can get fully recovered before he comes back next season all guns blazing.

I'm hoping there is a clear remit there - this is about getting the team fired up and organised playing the Mowbray way but I can live with Rowettball till the end of the season if it means we stay up.
10:18, Tue 19 Mar
Gotta be a statue if he somehow keeps us up
10:19, Tue 19 Mar
roger hynd
Gotta be a statue if he somehow keeps us up

Set up a gofundme. I'll put a tenna in.
10:20, Tue 19 Mar
Will stick you down for a v neck
10:21, Tue 19 Mar
Hoping Mowbray is able to recover from whatever he is dealing with, that's the main thing and i'm sure everyone agrees.

Very true words Miami, we have to support Rowett and get on board. Even Thongs has to. Starting and ending the season with a different DVB in control? Mental.

I'm more confident we'll avoid relegation with Rowett at the helm than with Venus at the helm.

This was the correct, sensible, logical and pragmatic decision to make. I'm surprised that we've taken that approach...ha.

Burke played in 17 of a possible 21 games for play-off chasing Millwall under Rowett. 2 goals scored.

Juke and Burke up top, Stansfield behind?
10:22, Tue 19 Mar
Gift card for Slaters will do
10:26, Tue 19 Mar
Having a manager on the sideline who can get us organised and get us over the line matters a lot more than some of the fans being in their feelings.
Take your choice Rowett for 8 games or League one, it’s that simple tbh.

Well done to the club for not messing about and wasting more games!
Rab C Nesbitt
I’m almost lost for words.
eff me

I understand that they have to do something, but I had to check the date and that it's not first day of April.
We just can't seem to get a break, even with these owners.
Get a good coach then the poor bugger becomes ill.
Feck I hope this works.
Up the feckin Blues
10:27, Tue 19 Mar
Le Mod
I agree

Wagner is a numbers man and taking all emotion out of it, the chances of us staying up with Rowett are greater than with Venus, that's the logic.

We just need to stay up, everything else is noise.

Just seen the news and yeah, that's my view on it. There's no room for sentimentality about this - we have to stay up and I have no doubt that we will with Rowett in charge. It isn't going to be pretty but it doesn't have to be. Rowett til the end of the season giving Mowbray plenty of time to recover and then he cam come back in and carry on his good work.

I'm not worried about Mowbray being upset by this or whatever - he's an intelligent man and knows what's at stake here. The last thing we need is for him to come back before he's ready because he feels pressurised by our league position and he'd be coming back into an extremely high-stress situation.

edit: Also, it's effing hilarious that we're getting Rowett back after all that's been said. 😂
10:29, Tue 19 Mar
TaylorJay84
Having a manager on the sideline who can get us organised and get us over the line matters a lot more than some of the fans being in their feelings.
Take your choice Rowett for 8 games or League one, it’s that simple tbh.

Well done to the club for not messing about and wasting more games!

It might be Rowett for 8 games and still L1, it's not simple in the slightest.
10:29, Tue 19 Mar
My Blue Heaven
Will stick you down for a v neck
No DvB necks on me or in my wardrobe.
A sad day it’ll be to have that rat back if it happens
Tony Fantastico
10:30, Tue 19 Mar
Some on here are acting like it’s Cotterill that’s coming back.
He did well last time and everyone was livid when he was sacked.
He knows the club as a player and manager and has a good championship record.
It’s not like we’re spoilt for choice and it’s got to be better than Venus.
It’s an obvious appointment in the circumstances.