16:40, Tue 19 Mar
Spike
BlueSteve
Not sure why Rowett is cast as a pr**k by so many. He was maybe a little overamitious which he admitted to on the Keep Right On podcast. He is intelligent and has a decent record in the Champioship. Much better than most of our managers of the last 10 years.

To be fair, my perception of Rowett goes back to when he downed tools as a player.

Accordingly I never bought into his bullshit about his deep love and connection with the club. The same deep love and connection he claimed to have with Derby, before shafting them as well...and that's not even mentioning his deep love and connection with villa.

I'll still be satisfied if he keeps us up though, before hopefully buggering off again.
Him going to Derby because his lad was a STH and Derby fanatic only for him to leave for Stoke really summed him up for me.
Tony Fantastico
16:41, Tue 19 Mar
Spike
BlueSteve
Not sure why Rowett is cast as a pr**k by so many. He was maybe a little overamitious which he admitted to on the Keep Right On podcast. He is intelligent and has a decent record in the Champioship. Much better than most of our managers of the last 10 years.

To be fair, my perception of Rowett goes back to when he downed tools as a player.

Accordingly I never bought into his bullshit about his deep love and connection with the club. The same deep love and connection he claimed to have with Derby, before shafting them as well...and that's not even mentioning his deep love and connection with villa.

I'll still be satisfied if he keeps us up though, before hopefully buggering off again.

his lad being a Derby ST holder when he shafted them never sat right with me, and the likely abuse that followed
16:41, Tue 19 Mar
Le Mod
You're a good judge of character, I can imagine we will hear lots of 'I'm here to help the club' because 'I have such an affection for it' but it's quite obviously crap and about his own career, which is absolutely fine btw

Stay up, say T'raa, welcome back Uncle Tony

I’ll take this. Even throw him a nice bonus for a job well done. Just don’t want the inevitable arguments about keeping Rowett.
16:46, Tue 19 Mar
Le Mod
You're a good judge of character, I can imagine we will hear lots of 'I'm here to help the club' because 'I have such an affection for it' but it's quite obviously crap and about his own career, which is absolutely fine btw

Only works if Tony does return. Many are saying he is unlikely to return.

In which case, if Rowett does well do you sack him off anyway? (I think any sensible answer has to be yes, but it'll divide the fanbase).

Bigger question for me is, and not many are discussing this, what if Rowett does badly what if we lose our next 3? What then? Because the knives will be out.. do we change again? What if we even just get battered by QPR
16:50, Tue 19 Mar
HackneyBlue
:D
🤝
True though ay it
Tony Fantastico
Belgrade Blue
Le Mod

Only works if Tony does return. Many are saying he is unlikely to return.

In which case, if Rowett does well do you sack him off anyway? (I think any sensible answer has to be yes, but it'll divide the fanbase).

Bigger question for me is, and not many are discussing this, what if Rowett does badly what if we lose our next 3? What then? Because the knives will be out.. do we change again? What if we even just get battered by QPR

If we outperform now, and win games and stay up. Mowbray retires and they opt for a manager that isnt Rowett, and the manager starts badly, i'll be getting my knives out very quickly.

Would be sheer idiocy to go again from something that is working, to waste more time on an experimental manager that doesnt work again, and we're in another relegation fight
Keep Rowett On

@vivacb2
17:17, Tue 19 Mar
We’ll have the biggest budget we’ve ever had in this league, they won’t be be handing the team they create to Rowett. If it was this squad next season then I’d get it, but it won’t be.
Happy Clapper
17:18, Tue 19 Mar
Just don’t want the inevitable arguments about keeping Rowett.

Those are gonna be unavoidable and are a necessary evil
Happy Clapper
17:21, Tue 19 Mar
Le Mod
We’ll have the biggest budget we’ve ever had in this league, they won’t be be handing the team they create to Rowett. If it was this squad next season then I’d get it, but it won’t be.

I imagine the signings won't be in the remit of the manager and will be handled by Gary Tik Tok Gardner, McParland or whatever he's called, or some new entity.

The manager will lead on tactics / team selection and player motivation.

I'm not sure you get a better manager than Rowett based on getting results and cultivating a motivated dressing room. If we have a massive budget and they think they need to bring in a stellar name to pair with it, then I hope it works.

If Rowett keeps us up, I personally think he's earned a shot at promotion with Blues under proper ownership. But if you wanna roll the dice on Frank Lampard, Rafa Benitez or some other prat who lives in London and gets a chafeur in to Wasps training academy each week, then I hope it works....for your sake
Keep Rowett On

@vivacb2
17:27, Tue 19 Mar
Rowett spent £19m on Afobe and Woods.

Not even Americans are that stupid.
17:32, Tue 19 Mar
Rasputin
Sorry, I keep quoting the wrong bits. I meant this:

When he (Apparently / allegedly your honour...) asked for a transfer in the middle of a horrific injury crisis and when I watched him give up in the Barnsley play-off first leg.
17:38, Tue 19 Mar
Le Mod
it's quite obviously crap and about his own career, which is absolutely fine btw

Yep, agreed.

I might be a good judge of character but I am also realistic enough to dig that.

I just don't need all the bullshit.
17:47, Tue 19 Mar
Spike
Le Mod
it's quite obviously crap and about his own career, which is absolutely fine btw

Yep, agreed.

I might be a good judge of character but I am also realistic enough to dig that.

I just don't need all the bullshit.

This is professional football.

Bullshit is unavoidable.
There's too much opinion and not enough fact.
18:11, Tue 19 Mar
I didn’t say that he would have a say on transfers, my point was they will spend loads of money to build a team to get promoted and they’ll want someone who can get promoted, I’ll be surprised if they think that’s Rowett.

I hope he keeps us up, for your sake..

(I think he will)
Happy Clapper