21:20, Wed 20 Mar
100%

I’m quite surprised at the outrage of the appointment, we have the talent in the squad to stay up but if they’re already thinking of the Summer break and boss’ on holiday then we need someone to make sure they play their part.

We need to get behind GR and the team, I’m much happier with him than Rooney and I still backed him when he was here! Won’t have any positive effect by calling him out on socials/ forums. Togetherness was a bit part of that interview, foq the past and focus on finishing strong with the boyshhhh KRO
21:35, Wed 20 Mar
Snoop
Luciano Figueroa
1. What is the plan for if things go south with Rowett? Like what if we lose our next 2/3 - no one is really considering this as no one considered Venus not working out

Who isn't really considering it and how do you know?

Fans - because it is not being mentioned on message boards
Owners - No plan when it came to Eustace, Rooney, Mowbray or Venus

I think the reality is if it goes wrong they probably can't jig it again so that will just be us... got to hope for the best as fans.
Formerly Belgrano Blue February to March 2024

Banned for free expression by Rab C Nisbot and username: "Fat Buddha"

I was apparently banned for searing and being abusive despite only receiving the same and never swearing or being abusive on here.

Good night Birmingham
21:46, Wed 20 Mar
Every blues manager this season has been complemented on ‘giving a good interview’ until the results go to shit. Then suddenly basically the same interviews are worse than stepping on a piece of Lego bare footed.
21:48, Wed 20 Mar
Tam
He's a good championship manager, understands the game well and is the most appropriate option available to us at this moment. It's an all round good appointment and his interview was evidence of that.

The histrionics from some people on this board (obvs not aimed at you) are very silly indeed.
22:01, Wed 20 Mar
Miss World
Every blues manager this season has been complemented on ‘giving a good interview’ until the results go to shit. Then suddenly basically the same interviews are worse than stepping on a piece of Lego bare footed.

It is a plight with modern fans, lose a few games and managers are treated like idiots who need to be cleared out.

A few games ago Norwich fans were coming for Wagner, now they might sneak into the playoffs. No apologies like, most managers in the bottom half are under pressure from fans. Madness in my view, chopping and changing
Formerly Belgrano Blue February to March 2024

Banned for free expression by Rab C Nisbot and username: "Fat Buddha"

I was apparently banned for searing and being abusive despite only receiving the same and never swearing or being abusive on here.

Good night Birmingham
22:12, Wed 20 Mar
Luciano Figueroa
Snoop
Luciano Figueroa
1. What is the plan for if things go south with Rowett? Like what if we lose our next 2/3 - no one is really considering this as no one considered Venus not working out

Who isn't really considering it and how do you know?

Fans - because it is not being mentioned on message boards
Owners - No plan when it came to Eustace, Rooney, Mowbray or Venus

I think the reality is if it goes wrong they probably can't jig it again so that will just be us... got to hope for the best as fans.

Fans - it is being mentioned on message boards, frequently.
Owners - they clearly had plans, and back up plans. They just don't share them, because that would be silly.
22:28, Wed 20 Mar
And Burminum.
22:57, Wed 20 Mar
100%

I’m quite surprised at the outrage of the appointment, we have the talent in the squad to stay up but if they’re already thinking of the Summer break and boss’ on holiday then we need someone to make sure they play their part.

We need to get behind GR and the team, I’m much happier with him than Rooney and I still backed him when he was here! Won’t have any positive effect by calling him out on socials/ forums. Togetherness was a bit part of that interview, foq the past and focus on finishing strong with the boyshhhh KRO

If the players are treating the situation as kids do when the teacher is out of the classroom, how does an interim appointment improve on that?

I have been strongly on board with what the owners tell us they’re trying to achieve, until now. I’m now bewildered by the chaos of this season and whilst some extenuating factors apply, this is a circus - which does genuinely lead me to question the competence / motives of the ownership - or at least our part in their veiled plans.

And don’t get me started on Paul effing Robinson.
22:57, Wed 20 Mar
Love this, great interview. The turning up of noses at GR from some has been quite something, we’ve got a brilliant manager at this level to help us get over the line.

Of course it’s not ideal but what was the alternative with the situation we’re in? We were in total free fall with Venus, stick with him and we’d have been down, I don’t think there’s much doubt about that. That’s not a knock on Venus, he would be the first to admit he’s no manager, he was thrust into a position he obviously didn’t want and whilst he tried his best, it wasn’t appropriate for us to head into a relegation battle with a number 2.

We have now have a genuine leader, the chances of us staying up have increased considerably, and that’s what the club has to prioritise.
God I've missed him
01:27, Thu 21 Mar
bluer than blues
He's a good championship manager, understands the game well and is the most appropriate option available to us at this moment. It's an all round good appointment and his interview was evidence of that.

The histrionics from some people on this board (obvs not aimed at you) are very silly indeed.

Well said.

The people on this forum who come up with their idiotic views on Rowett really need to give their heads a wobble.

Gary Rowett is the perfect replacement for the useless Venus, who was only ever going to fail.
My only gripe is it should have been activated 2 weeks earlier.
It was plainly obvious Venus hadn't got a clue as " manager ".
06:24, Thu 21 Mar
I forgot how bloody handsome he is. I’m a fair bit younger than him and look like I’ve aged liked an ogre compared.

Welcome back Gary, hopefully you get the send off you deserved all those years ago after the Norwich game.
06:31, Thu 21 Mar
He’s never wore a v neck. He’s a crew neck man.
“Oh Nikola Zigic”

H
06:32, Thu 21 Mar
GasmanDong
100%

A handful of vociferous social media outrage based on not much. I wouldn’t worry about it.

I’d confidently say 90% of the fan base are fine with it and realise it’s a good move until TM is back.
“Oh Nikola Zigic”

H
08:43, Thu 21 Mar
Luciano Figueroa
He has always been a great speaker, one of his top attributes.

I think this good be a really big moment for the club if he comes in and does well and we kick on in the pre-season with wider strategic signings and have a real building season.

There really doesn't seem much point getting into the 'what ifs'. I would only add two things:

2. The owners need to learn quickly from this season. Assuming we get away with it, we will have really gotten away with it and they have made some howlers this season.
Oh come on. They have only made the one howler,that was Rooney,Which they rectified pretty quickly with what we thought was a wonderful appointment in Mowbray. How could they have known what was going to happen with his health ?
Just look around the ground and listen to the plans compared with a year ago.
If you say there is little point getting into "what if's" why is your next paragraph one ?