09:09, Thu 21 Mar
Yeah, the views on Twitter and especially SHA are nothing like the views of your average Blues fan in the stands or down the pub.

I'm in the Rowett sceptic camp personally but the vast majority will be very happy with this appointment.
09:11, Thu 21 Mar

What an excellent interview, fills me with confidence.

Crazy that we have gone from someone so incompetent to have hardly string a sentence together under Wayne Rooney to such a fantastic communicator in Gary Rowett within such a shirt time.
I get the sense he will get on well with Wagner.

I hope his 2nd time here is short and successful.
09:15, Thu 21 Mar
I don't get all this 'football is dour' nonsense. If you bore your way to promotion you're telling me we aren't happy with that, come May?

To tip-tap your way out this league you've gotta be so good that no one can get near you, OR have a blend of it alongside the ugliness/strength.
At the minute we're too lightweight so we cant do the ugly bit. That's why I think we don't convert enough enough clear cut chances. Teams stand up to us and we don't get near them.
09:25, Thu 21 Mar
It's short termism. Eck's promotion season was dire, season after it worked, then we came down and have been here ever since.

You don't get long term success by boring your way through a season.
09:28, Thu 21 Mar
Good interview up until the part when he said it's nobody's fault the club is where it is in the league
09:32, Thu 21 Mar
bruggeaway
Good interview up until the part when he said it's nobody's fault the club is where it is in the league

Do you think he should have launched a scathing attack on Wayne Rooney?
09:35, Thu 21 Mar
number8
It's short termism. Eck's promotion season was dire, season after it worked, then we came down and have been here ever since.

This is just hypothetical because I want TM to come back and storm the league playing like Brazil. However, if you got promoted playing counter attacking solid football, who says you have to stick with the same regime once promoted?

The main thing is to get promoted and take a seat at the top table, enjoying the benefits that the increased revenue brings.

The owners have been clear. Blues can only establish themselves as a top club by generating the revenue to sustain an appropriate wage bill. Promotion is the goal.
09:36, Thu 21 Mar
Shaun of Brum
bruggeaway

Do you think he should have launched a scathing attack on Wayne Rooney?

Nah, he should have laid into Cook and Wagner for appointing Rooney.
09:39, Thu 21 Mar
That would be a bit daft going after the guys who have just promised you a dream payment only the day before for managing a football team for 8 games.
09:46, Thu 21 Mar
Shaun of Brum
That would be a bit daft going after the guys who have just promised you a dream payment only the day before for managing a football team for 8 games.

But he would have my (random person on the internet) respect, which is surely worth more than a huge payday and potentially restarting a managerial career.
09:55, Thu 21 Mar
He always comes across well, there's just something that makes me not trust him.
We haven't actually heard directly or seen any quotes from Tony or Mark that they're happy with this.
What if Tony wanted to come back and the club said no?
09:56, Thu 21 Mar
number8

Difference with the rat’s promotion campaign was that we had a team of Prem and top end Championship players who were capable of more. With Rowett we had a team of league 1 and bottom end of Championship players who were capable of the bare minimum. He got the best out of them, and I think that is his forte in management. He did similar at Millwall. When he was given a budget and good footballers at Stoke he couldn’t adjust.
10:02, Thu 21 Mar
KRO1970
He always comes across well, there's just something that makes me not trust him.
We haven't actually heard directly or seen any quotes from Tony or Mark that they're happy with this.

What if we had a fanbase capable of going 2 seconds without making up a bonkers conspiracy theory with absolutely no basis in reality?
10:03, Thu 21 Mar
number8

I don't know - Luton are looking a better bet to stay up than Burnley this season for example. I think there's almost a case, even if you get promoted playing slick football, to then revert a bit to being hard to beat. I think we've showed this season how we can't just decide to play like Leicester and Southampton (and Ipswich up to a point) and match them, as they are just better sides. We played some of our best football in those games and have taken 1 point so far.

And anyway, we all talk like it's either black or white, when teams can - and probably need - to combine both (which is what Mowbray's 'soldiers and artists' thing really means isn't it).
10:04, Thu 21 Mar
KRO1970

The club itself has officially backed this, so are you questioning the owners/board's honesty too? Perhaps they're all out to shaft Uncle Tone. Maybe this was Cook's plan all along to get his mate Rowett back in the hot seat. I mean, who knows how deep this thing goes...