20:10, Fri 29 Mar
Bluenose27
What’s concerning is rowetts whole game plan and success comes from being hard to beat, being resolute and good defensively. We are abysmal defensively, and don’t score enough to compensate for it. It’s only ending one way currently.
Yes - I’ll back him all the way whilst he’s here, but I do wonder if these players are too soft physically and, by now, mentally to make it work
20:12, Fri 29 Mar
Nikola Zigic
Absolutely bizarre that I'm seeing people happy we lost so they can rub it in the face of people who were disappointed to see Rowett sacked 8 years ago.

No coincidence that it's the same people who were chuffed with rooney despite losing most of the time under him.

It's their only way of dealing with the embarassment of celebrating rooney coming in because it will get us more social media followers.
20:15, Fri 29 Mar
CastleBlue
LondonBlue
6 defenders on the pitch and still lost.

For all the nonsense talk that we don’t have the players to play a more progressive style (which is rubbish, obviously), we also don’t have to players to play Rowett style anti football.

At least we showed ‘passion’, right Robbo?

442, back to basics, that’ll work, right guys?

One of the worst posts i've seen on here. 4th bottom and going down and you think this lot can play progressive football. We tried that under rooney, how did it go mate?

This season has taught me we have some of the thickest fans in the country. It's mental.

Not only that, but also a black and white fan base.

Want Rowett in to help keep us up after manager goes on long term illness = Rowett Lover

Criticise Rooney and say we wouldn’t have that problem under Je = constantly looks back
Tam
20:16, Fri 29 Mar
CastleBlue
Nikola Zigic
Absolutely bizarre that I'm seeing people happy we lost so they can rub it in the face of people who were disappointed to see Rowett sacked 8 years ago.

No coincidence that it's the same people who were chuffed with rooney despite losing most of the time under him.

It's their only way of dealing with the embarassment of celebrating rooney coming in because it will get us more social media followers.

The same people? Go on, name names
Make Blues Great Again
20:46, Fri 29 Mar
The formation probably kept us in the game.

Formation has nothing to do with Laird giving a cheap freekick away on the edge of the box for the first; and Drameh and Sanderson meekly dealing with an up and under late on for the winner

This doesn’t make sense.
When individual mistakes were costing Venus games we were told that a change had to be made and that Villa Rowett would be the answer to our defensive woes.

Perhaps Venus should have just worn a navy jumper to get cut some slack.

👏
Fat Buddha CBE
When individual mistakes were costing Venus games we were told that a change had to be made and that Villa Rowett would be the answer to our defensive woes.

Perhaps Venus should have just worn a navy jumper to get cut some slack.

👏

What are you clapping the shite for?
“Oh Nikola Zigic”

H
It’s a very pertinent point. Sauce for the goose. And I can’t be arsed making my own points.
You're a sensible man, FB.
21:13, Fri 29 Mar
Is this thread utterly bizarre or am I just 3+ pints behind everyone else?
21:55, Fri 29 Mar
I'm suddenly very glad that I only had the two during the game.

FWIW, I think Rowett didn't use the bench as well as he could have today and that it may be time to abandon hope if he can't coax a performance and a result out of this squad on Monday. This thread is Mackem-level bedwetting, tho.
21:58, Fri 29 Mar
Nikola Zigic
Mate,I love you.
But that was the type of performance away he was renowned for.
We lost. Again.
Venus would have got a result today,
Get over the DvB bullshit I fink, you’ll be better off
Tony Fantastico
22:05, Fri 29 Mar
Would venus have got a result though? We lost that game the same way we’ve been losing every other game recently. Poor defensive mistakes, players not doing the basics. That’s happening whoever the manager is, cause the players are just not good enough.

This isn’t me vilifying Venus and praising rowett. Having watched today I don’t think we’re any better off with rowett in charge in terms of staying up, given the players he has at his disposal. he was appointed to eliminate the defensive frailties, and make us hard to beat, which i dont think is possible with these defenders. So we’re on a hiding to nothing either way.
22:14, Fri 29 Mar
They had a few very clear chances aside from the goals. To cut Rowett some slack he’s had to prepare the team with a good few unavailable. These player’s prove regularly though that they are unable to concentrate for 100 minutes and will concede goals, so we have to create more. Filling half the team with defenders is unlikely to be the answer.
22:15, Fri 29 Mar
Venus would have got a result today?

Really?

Linked Image

This has got nothing to do with me and my opinion on Rowett, I'm calling out the hypocrisy that some on here couldn't wait to show their glee that Rowett's team lost today.

People rightly got slaughtered for doing that to Rooney.

We're Blues fans, not anti Rowett fans. Club first.
“Oh Nikola Zigic”

H