22:23, Mon 22 Apr
Mister Mutley
A point isn’t a bad result if Sheffield lose.

He won’t go hung ho because as we all know once we go behind the opposition sit deeper have bigger blokes and we lose.

Same as Saturday the draw was disappointing but don’t scoff the point if Sheffield hadn’t won it wouldn’t look as bad.

If Sheffield win both games they deserve to stay up doubt they will though.

Need not lose at Huddersfield first and foremost.

Would I be happy with a draw, not really. But it all depends on the Sheffield game.

Hopefully Hull win tomorrow which gives the Baggies added incentive.

A draw at Huddersfield and the Baggies beating Wednesday would be a decent set of results. A win on the final day keeps us up.
22:33, Mon 22 Apr
Mister Mutley

He won’t go hung ho because as we all know once we go behind the opposition sit deeper have bigger blokes and we lose.

Same as Saturday the draw was disappointing but don’t scoff the point if Sheffield hadn’t won it wouldn’t look as bad.

Would I be happy with a draw, not really. But it all depends on the Sheffield game.

Yup.
And its needed, just noticed the Albion have only won one of the last six (and that was against Rotherham)
22:46, Mon 22 Apr
sandpit72
Mister Mutley

Yup.
And its needed, just noticed the Albion have only won one of the last six (and that was against Rotherham)

I'm probably being thick... but how does Hull beating Coventry in midweek give Albion added incentive? By getting closer to Albion i suppose.

However - Coventry have 12 points to fight for... if they beat Hull (on Wednesday) then they still have a further 9 to go for from Saturday - a bigger threat to Albion than Hull. Therefore Coventry beating Hull better?
23/01/20 Mad: I'll stop moaning now.
23:33, Mon 22 Apr
Your right just looked closer. Four games in 10 days maybe a but much for Coventry to after Sunday.

Probably be a draw with suits Albion.

Hull have Plymouth last day so might be good if good if they still have something to play for.

Both have Ipswich to play though so in reality the top six is probably already settled.
07:12, Tue 23 Apr
It looks unlikely Hull will make the play offs, but it would be a boost if they can go to a packed Home Park on the last day with something to play for, with Plymouth still only being 2 points away but a better GD.
07:44, Tue 23 Apr
Meadey
It is …. Get over it

That's the spirit! I love a never say die attitude I do.
Up the feckin Blues
08:48, Tue 23 Apr
Never understood this. Someone thinking we’re going to get beat doesn’t change the outcome of the result. The players won’t see that 1 comment and down tools.

If that’s what his prediction is, who cares?
10:10, Tue 23 Apr
sandpit72
It looks unlikely Hull will make the play offs, but it would be a boost if they can go to a packed Home Park on the last day with something to play for, with Plymouth still only being 2 points away but a better GD.

For Hull to have any chance of getting in the play-offs on the last day, it will mean Norwich and/or Albion haven’t booked their spots, both of which is very bad for us. I.e. Albion haven’t beaten Wednesday and we are playing a fully motivated Norwich.
We’ve really got to win on Saturday.
10:55, Tue 23 Apr
West Brom are pathetic in crunch games. I fully expect them to fold.
“Oh Nikola Zigic”

H
11:20, Tue 23 Apr
Redditch Blue
sandpit72

For Hull to have any chance of getting in the play-offs on the last day, it will mean Norwich and/or Albion haven’t booked their spots, both of which is very bad for us. I.e. Albion haven’t beaten Wednesday and we are playing a fully motivated Norwich.
We’ve really got to win on Saturday.

So many different scenarios, some positives, some negatives but we have no control over what happens elsewhere. Personally would prefer Norwich to have something to play for and have to go for it, possibly leaving gaps for Stansfield to get in behind when we most likely need to go gung ho on the final day, my most feared scenario is we need to score but can't vs a side sitting deep and we go down on a drab Rotherham away style performance.
11:33, Tue 23 Apr
Well yeah, and for the reason that we have no control over elsewhere, we need to just win both games. If we manage that it’s very very unlikely we go down imo, cause I can’t see all the teams around us also winning both games.

Of course it’s even more unlikely we win both games, Norwich maybe, but given we’ve won 3 times all season away, and 2 of them was the smash and grabs over Stoke and Cardiff, it doesn’t look good for Saturday.
11:47, Tue 23 Apr
Nikola Zigic- FEA
West Brom are pathetic in crunch games. I fully expect them to fold.

I agree with you there.
11:48, Tue 23 Apr
The worry when youre in the situation that we are is that you start looking ahead too far and doing all sorts of 'what if' scenarios. Theyre mainly pointless, eg you cant predict goalkeepers doing an Enkelman re Blackburn on a Sunday. I understand why we do it though (coping mechanism).

Im not keen on all the stuff the players and manager have been saying about us needing a full house at home either. Seems like an excuse in a way, and that the mindset is dont lose your away games and rely on St Andrews to suck the ball in.

I really hope the players arent thinking about the Norwich game at all, and Rowett has them completely focussed on winning at Huddersfield. I have my doubts though.
12:54, Tue 23 Apr
So what's the ideal result that we need in the Cov v Hull game tomorrow?
13:02, Tue 23 Apr
A cov win so they go to Blackburn believing they can still make the playoffs.