15:13, Tue 23 Apr
Yup, which is why he's a very poor captain. Clear to see that very few of those players, if any, are being inspired/made better by Sanderson.
15:14, Tue 23 Apr
I do get that, it was definitely prevalent against Cardiff. But equally we've come from behind to win or draw more times this season than probably the previous 5 combined

Even still, I still think a lot of the discourse is silly, I dunno how people can look at Buchanan, Paik, James, Miyoshi, Anderson, Bacuna, Juke, Hall, Stansfield, Sunjic and deduce that they all need to be flogged because they're w******s, and be deadly serious about it.

To me it's just lazy cliche stuff because (and this will sound snobby) they fundamentally cannot get their head around why the teams results and performances might have dropped off, even though it is incredibly obvious.
Happy Clapper
15:17, Tue 23 Apr
El Mayor
Le Mod
Fat Buddha CBE FEA
I'm honestly not a boo'er, but let's be honest, that's live sport. Always has been, always will be, right round the world. It's why they're paid the big bucks.

Also, winds me up when they try to gee up the crowd whilst playing shit. Whip in a good cross, or put in a great challenge, that will gee us up.

I think that winds a lot of people up - "we're already doing our job mate - get on and do yours" .. and it would annoy me too

You said the other day that you don't "despise" the players, which is good .... but you must see that some people/fans do. They absolutely despise them

Me. I fecking hate the bastards.

Can you name the ones you despise?

I am not being tricky or provocative, genuinely interested, I read all day on Twitter that this squad is full of scumbags who don't try etc, can you name the ones you hate? I'll take Sanderson as a given

I think it’s lazy to say they don’t try or they don’t care - it’s clear they do care and they do their best, even when a shit manager can’t organise them.

My issue is the lack of bottle as it were; every time we go a goal down you see collective heads drop and it doesn’t feel like there are many out there who can lead and motivate them.

Sanderson is a case in point; at home to Cardiff he dropped to his haunches when we conceded and it was clear it hurt him a lot; however as skipper he needed to be doing his best to get the rest going to get the equaliser.

100% this, especially the players who are staying + Stansfield, I don't think anybody can argue that they don't care. They've had a rough season with all the instability, they're probably struggling with that massively, but I think it's also fair to say not all of them have responded to that challenge in the best way as well.

Lots of the squad who are staying going forwards are new to the club and/or young lads. Confidence will be incredibly low. They're probably all looking for that leader on the pitch, and the fact is we haven't really got one. Sanderson was supposed to be that - hence why he was given captaincy - but also was supposed to be learning to be a leader in a more comfortable situation from the likes of Jutkiewcz. He's had the roughest season he'll probably have as a captain.

Should be taking all this in mind. But that only relates to on pitch performance. Not excusing his drink driving or rumoured regular drinking. He *might* need some real help. Captaincy being removed might be a good thing for him personally too.
Tam
15:17, Tue 23 Apr
One thing that's struck me about the players flatness after conceding a goal - and this isn't just this season - is that, with an average of around a goal a game (or less) over the past few years, it must be difficult to go a goal down with the likelihood being that you're unlikely to score enough to win. It must be a blow, even if subconsciously.
Make Blues Great Again
16:03, Tue 23 Apr
Le Mod
Fat Buddha CBE FEA
I'm honestly not a boo'er, but let's be honest, that's live sport. Always has been, always will be, right round the world. It's why they're paid the big bucks.

Also, winds me up when they try to gee up the crowd whilst playing shit. Whip in a good cross, or put in a great challenge, that will gee us up.

I think that winds a lot of people up - "we're already doing our job mate - get on and do yours" .. and it would annoy me too

You said the other day that you don't "despise" the players, which is good .... but you must see that some people/fans do. They absolutely despise them

I am not being tricky or provocative, genuinely interested, I read all day on Twitter that this squad is full of scumbags who don't try etc, can you name the ones you hate? I'll take Sanderson as a given

I think it’s lazy to say they don’t try or they don’t care - it’s clear they do care and they do their best, even when a shit manager can’t organise them.

My issue is the lack of bottle as it were; every time we go a goal down you see collective heads drop and it doesn’t feel like there are many out there who can lead and motivate them.

Sanderson is a case in point; at home to Cardiff he dropped to his haunches when we conceded and it was clear it hurt him a lot; however as skipper he needed to be doing his best to get the rest going to get the equaliser.

Losing one's bottle
From Cockney rhyming slang where 'bottle' means 'arse' (bottle and glass). Originally, the term suggested that you could 'lose your bottle' – as in, be so afraid to lose control of your bowel function.

Resolve
firm determination to do something.

I much prefer to say "they show a lack of resolve" than "they have no bottle".
16:17, Tue 23 Apr
Le Mod
Fat Buddha CBE FEA

I hate anyone who downed tools in training under Mowbray .
Can’t remember the exact quote but it was something along the lines of players not being arsed and in 2nd gear . Obviously continued when our substitute teacher was in charge .

I get for the majority of these it’s a job and I get even professionals like James Milner can’t be 100% every day . I get they’ve had a lot of mixed messages and have had 6 different voices and 6 different tactical set ups. But the way this lot consistently flick the switch on deciding whether to perform is disgraceful.

We finally had a manager who not only is emotionally intelligent , is tactically astute , could manage grown men, is a leader and plays sexy football , yet they were still p*sing about in training .

No excuses bin then off.
16:18, Tue 23 Apr
Le Mod
I do get that, it was definitely prevalent against Cardiff. But equally we've come from behind to win or draw more times this season than probably the previous 5 combined

Even still, I still think a lot of the discourse is silly, I dunno how people can look at Buchanan, Paik, James, Miyoshi, Anderson, Bacuna, Juke, Hall, Stansfield, Sunjic and deduce that they all need to be flogged because they're w******s, and be deadly serious about it.

To me it's just lazy cliche stuff because (and this will sound snobby) they fundamentally cannot get their head around why the teams results and performances might have dropped off, even though it is incredibly obvious.

Gonna be devils advocate here

I think you have to appreciate that different people get wound up by different things. I don’t mind Laird or Bacuna trying to gee up the crowd but some absolutely hate it.

Likewise, I think some can’t separate how a managers tactics can affect how a player is playing - as Rags has cogently pointed out sometimes we’ve been defensive under Rowett cos Rowett wants us to be tight at the back and not concede.

Football is a game of opinions after all. Look at the shit Laird gets on here yet according to Whoscored.com hes got one of the highest average ratings in the division.

18th - [www.whoscored.com]
Tam
16:21, Tue 23 Apr
Dolph
Le Mod
Fat Buddha CBE FEA

Can’t remember the exact quote but it was something along the lines of players not being arsed and in 2nd gear . Obviously continued when our substitute teacher was in charge .

I get for the majority of these it’s a job and I get even professionals like James Milner can’t be 100% every day . I get they’ve had a lot of mixed messages and have had 6 different voices and 6 different tactical set ups. But the way this lot consistently flick the switch on deciding whether to perform is disgraceful.

We finally had a manager who not only is emotionally intelligent , is tactically astute , could manage grown men, is a leader and plays sexy football , yet they were still p*sing about in training .

No excuses bin then off.

Was there any evidence that players downed tools under anyone, especially Mowbray? I don't mean 'played badly', but more 'didn't try'?
Make Blues Great Again
16:23, Tue 23 Apr
69.2 percent passing accuracy though, needs to be better.
16:25, Tue 23 Apr

was just going to chime in to ask if those rating account for how many times he gives the ball away, its a lot

tbf he's not alone
16:26, Tue 23 Apr
Tam
Tam
Dolph
Le Mod
Fat Buddha CBE FEA

No excuses bin then off.

Was there any evidence that players downed tools under anyone, especially Mowbray? I don't mean 'played badly', but more 'didn't try'?

To be a top football club you have to have certain standards. I did it a little bit today. We had Rondos to start with - 6v2 in 10 metre squares - and it wasn’t good enough. They see it as a bit of fun and a bit of a laugh, back-flicks, lookaway passes, giving the ball away and they turn it over too often. It’s not good enough. They should be able to keep it 20, 30, 40 passes and the two can never get a kick.
16:27, Tue 23 Apr
Tam
Dolph
Le Mod
Fat Buddha CBE FEA

No excuses bin then off.

To be a top football club you have to have certain standards. I did it a little bit today. We had Rondos to start with - 6v2 in 10 metre squares - and it wasn’t good enough. They see it as a bit of fun and a bit of a laugh, back-flicks, lookaway passes, giving the ball away and they turn it over too often. It’s not good enough. They should be able to keep it 20, 30, 40 passes and the two can never get a kick.

watch how our subs go about this before ko

then have a look at how the oppo go about it
16:33, Tue 23 Apr
El Mayor
Le Mod

Gonna be devils advocate here

I think you have to appreciate that different people get wound up by different things. I don’t mind Laird or Bacuna trying to gee up the crowd but some absolutely hate it.

Likewise, I think some can’t separate how a managers tactics can affect how a player is playing - as Rags has cogently pointed out sometimes we’ve been defensive under Rowett cos Rowett wants us to be tight at the back and not concede.

Football is a game of opinions after all. Look at the shit Laird gets on here yet according to Whoscored.com hes got one of the highest average ratings in the division.

18th - [www.whoscored.com]

I really don't understand the arm waving gripe. When we're winning the crowd buzz off it and when we're losing they should just concentrate on their jobs - so fickle.

FWIW Jude was the biggest arm waver I've seen at the club for as long as I can remember.
16:35, Tue 23 Apr
If someone thinks a player is a scumbag for geeing up the crowd then personally I think that's really silly, especially when it's from someone like Bacuna who works his absolute nuts off and shows bravery every time he plays.

I just find the whole 'they're all w*****s' stuff really basic and grating when nobody can ever name any names, it just seems to be trotted out to explain anyway everything and was all instigated by the Pro-Rooney lot who ironically never ever came out with this stuff when we lost at the start of the season, it was all the managers fault then.
Happy Clapper
16:35, Tue 23 Apr
NouCamp

was just going to chime in to ask if those rating account for how many times he gives the ball away, its a lot

tbf he's not alone

It’s not rated by humans, it’s algorithmic.