10:13, Thu 9 May
The Artist
I'd give H bombs left nut to never see GG again
😂
Tony Fantastico
10:30, Thu 9 May
I thought the turnaround on GG was odd from them too.

It's not like we're not stacked in midfield already or anything...

If he gets a new 1 year deal I won't lose sleep over it, but I wouldn't if he moved on either. He's not awful, I don't particularly buy the whole "he's a blues fan it counts for something", but I do think he'd do a job even in a possession based side, and it has been spoken that he's been a solid character in the dressing room - not the worst man to keep around at all.

I'd only keep Ruddy if he stayed as a number 2 so we could sign a Cummings or Tickle as number 1.

Anderson I'd like to see given another year but as they said, very much depends on the manager and that's why it's important we get that sorted.

Jutkiewicz I would also give another year for his leadership through example.
10:33, Thu 9 May
I’d want two footballing keepers tbh. Shouldn’t have to play a different way if one is injured
Tony Fantastico
10:35, Thu 9 May
I don't disagree. I'm just thinking there's something to be said for continuity and leadership, and a backup number 2 goalkeeper who probably won't play much during the course of a season is one of the better places you can afford to sacrifice playing style for some leadership.

If he left and we brought 2 new keepers in though, I wouldn't be upset either. Get the logic either way, I'm not sure what the right answer is
10:44, Thu 9 May
Whoever comes in for Ruddy needs to be proficient on dealing with crosses, Ruddy was right up there with the best in the league in that regard, and it's something we will miss.
Happy Clapper
10:45, Thu 9 May
On the GG thing - only reason I’d consider keeping him is he’s one of maybe three players in the squad with any kind of leadership type attributes, and we’re probably releasing the other two (Ruddy and Juke).
10:46, Thu 9 May
If we are serious about evolving the playing style then we have to release all of them. I get that we need more leaders but can't we recruit new players that have some leadership skills? Quite a few of them have had issues with injury and these problems are likely to just get worse.
10:48, Thu 9 May
BlueSteve
If we are serious about evolving the playing style then we have to release all of them. I get that we need more leaders but can't we recruit new players that have some leadership skills? Quite a few of them have had issues with injury and these problems are likely to just get worse.

Yeah we can - but bringing in a new player to be a leader is a gamble, you don't know how they'll get on with the squad. It's a tough one to step right in and be a leader. Existing leaders therefore hold some value, I would argue.

We need to bring in more leaders regardless. I would just keep the old leaders around for a year as a transitionary period while the new ones settle in. But that's just me
10:49, Thu 9 May
El Mayor
On the GG thing - only reason I’d consider keeping him is he’s one of maybe three players in the squad with any kind of leadership type attributes, and we’re probably releasing the other two (Ruddy and Juke).

I'm not totally convinced he is much of a leader tbh but even if we just agree that he is, I'd simply sign new leaders.
Happy Clapper
10:49, Thu 9 May
El Mayor
But to counter that we’ve got an opportunity to address that this summer.
And to repeat I’ve seen no sign of leadership from any of those on the pitch. Juke included. Apart from his committment, which should be standard
Tony Fantastico
I'm not massively against GG staying as a mascot type player who makes 5 starts tops. He'd need a tiny salary to reflect that.

Juke and Ruddy too.

I'd want them nowhere near the team regularly, as we need 15 players this summer I think keeping a few might be a necessity unfortunately.

I wouldn't be saying this if we'd stayed up.
H

Consistently correct and proven right.
10:54, Thu 9 May
I don't see the point, everyone has moaned that the squad has no leadership and a lack of standards, and now people are suggesting that we should keep the leaders that we had. Get new ones, ones that can also play and perform.
Happy Clapper
10:54, Thu 9 May
Rab C Nesbitt
I’d want two footballing keepers tbh. Shouldn’t have to play a different way if one is injured

Hypothetically though: would you rather we put all our eggs into the basket of a top 'keeper (relative for the level etc) for £2m and keep Ruddy; or sign two middling 'keepers for £1m in case one gets injured?
10:56, Thu 9 May
Chris says FEA
Rab C Nesbitt

Hypothetically though: would you rather we put all our eggs into the basket of a top 'keeper (relative for the level etc) for £2m and keep Ruddy; or sign two middling 'keepers for £1m in case one gets injured?
I’d say two keepers for 3 or 4m. Money isn’t an issue. Their combined wages will be cheaper than Ruddy’s anyway
Tony Fantastico
10:56, Thu 9 May
Le Mod
I don't see the point, everyone has moaned that the squad has no leadership and a lack of standards, and now people are suggesting that we should keep the leaders that we had. Get new ones, ones that can also play and perform.

It's for that very reason I'd be tempted to keep them. The squad is lacking leadership, let's not get rid of all those who have been touted to have leadership qualities.

To be clear, I'm not wholly against any of them going. That's just my logic for keeping them.