12:53, Thu 9 May
Where is the evidence of all these leadership qualities? And why did none of them have any effect in the last 5 years?

It's all bollocks innit .... we could do with a whole new set of fans and posters.

People may as well post that Ruddy and Gardner are actually poisonous and point to our finishing positions during their time here.
13:00, Thu 9 May
Rags
Where is the evidence of all these leadership qualities? And why did none of them have any effect in the last 5 years?

It's all bollocks innit .... we could do with a whole new set of fans and posters.

People may as well post that Ruddy and Gardner are actually poisonous and point to our finishing positions during their time here.

It beggars belief really.

It's as if people haven't noticed we've been relegated.
There's too much opinion and not enough fact.
13:02, Thu 9 May
Rags

It beggars belief really.

It's as if people haven't noticed we've been relegated.

Keeping Gary Gardner is like treading in a piece of shit and never bothering to clean the shoes because you think not cleaning them, and carrying on wearing them, will act as a reminder to not do it again.
13:07, Thu 9 May
The only positive I have taken personally from being relegated ( I know others will have others like going new grounds) is that when we come back up, we will have a group of players with a winning mentality
get gone all the ones who’s mindset and maybe ability was winning enough games to finish 4th bottom and above
13:11, Thu 9 May
Yes, Mowbray talks a lot about the importance of muscle memory and the same applies to mindset.

Personally i wouldn't want anyone at the club who is over 26 ..... we need to be building the core of a team who can take us to the top of League 1 and then get promoted from the Championship with younger supplements to that core joining along the way
13:11, Thu 9 May
number8

This is the limit on this sort of discussion - we don't know what the counterfactual is.

Perhaps we would have gone down 4 seasons ago and Knighthead wouldn't have bought us.

Last summer one of the reasons for being keen to retain Ruddy was that he was a big influence in the dressing room - we don't see it but the coaches do, so I'm not sure what basis anyone has for arguing the contrary. Beyond a fondness for arguing for the sake of it, of course.
13:15, Thu 9 May
number8

This is the limit on this sort of discussion - we don't know what the counterfactual is.

Perhaps we would have gone down 4 seasons ago and Knighthead wouldn't have bought us.

Last summer one of the reasons for being keen to retain Ruddy was that he was a big influence in the dressing room - we don't see it but the coaches do, so I'm not sure what basis anyone has for arguing the contrary. Beyond a fondness for arguing for the sake of it, of course.

"Last summer one of the reasons for being keen to retain Ruddy was that he was a big influence in the dressing room" ... was it ? ... i can't find any evidence of that. I just remember needing to keep him because he was better than Ethridge.

If he's that big an influence then why have we been shit for his entire time here ?

Whether he stays or not should solely be down to whether he;s good enough, whether his complete lack of kicking ability will hinder the team and whether or not he's willing to cut his wages by about 80%

There are more pointers to all these "great influencers" that people suddenly think we have being a BAD influence as opposed to being a good influence
13:18, Thu 9 May
To be fair I was only trying to offer a counterpoint to give some balance to the argument.
13:19, Thu 9 May
Where is this evidence for Ruddy? He stayed because we could only spend so much and Etheridge was crap (although he probably has great leadership qualities too as he captains the Philippines!).
13:22, Thu 9 May
Rags
number8

"Last summer one of the reasons for being keen to retain Ruddy was that he was a big influence in the dressing room" ... was it ? ... i can't find any evidence of that. I just remember needing to keep him because he was better than Ethridge.

If he's that big an influence then why have we been shit for his entire time here ?

Whether he stays or not should solely be down to whether he;s good enough, whether his complete lack of kicking ability will hinder the team and whether or not he's willing to cut his wages by about 80%

Eustace - "We’re very fortunate that we have a good goalkeeper there and going forward he is going to be massive in that dressing room for us and I’m very pleased he’s staying."

[www.lutontoday.co.uk]

To prove he hasn't been a benefit you are going to have to prove we would have been better if we'd never signed him. Which I'm pretty confident you can't do but please do evidence it if you can, and aren't just arguing for the sake of it.
13:22, Thu 9 May
Where is this evidence for Ruddy? He stayed because we could only spend so much and Etheridge was crap (although he probably has great leadership qualities too as he captains the Philippines!).

There isn't any - it's made up bollocks.

Did great motivating the team against Cardiff, Rotherham and Huddersfield didn't he ??!! ... and Gardner was in those squads too .... and Rowett was the manager.... and "PASHUUUUUUUN" Robinson was there too (probably busy thinking up who he could blame shit on as per usual)
13:24, Thu 9 May
Rags

There isn't any - it's made up bollocks.

Did great motivating the team against Cardiff, Rotherham and Huddersfield didn't he ??!! ... and Gardner was in those squads too .... and Rowett was the manager.... ans "PASHUUUUUUUN" Robinson was there too (probably bust thinking up who he could blame shit on as per usual)

He’s old and bald, he must be a leader
13:28, Thu 9 May
Just as a question, what sort of leadership qualities are you looking for if we're saying none of Jutkiewicz, Ruddy or Gardner have them? Genuinely curious, can we quantify what they're lacking in leadership and what you'd like to see instead?
13:30, Thu 9 May
I'm not actually arsed if they are leaders or not, even if they are, we need leaders who will actually play and be on the pitch.
Happy Clapper
13:32, Thu 9 May
El Mayor
To be fair I was only trying to offer a counterpoint to give some balance to the argument.

I thought it was reasonable.

I'm a bit confused though by the certainty of people that are convinced in their position when the only evidence available is against them.