20:18, Mon 13 Nov
the Kevin Langley fan club
Super Hans
From how I understand it they’re not technically sacked, more like put on gardening leave.

I could be wrong but I think JE is still classed as an employee of the club.

Whatever the executional details, I'm still under the impression that an employee is entitled to his severance. If my contract says, we'll employ you for a year and pay you a million quid for it and my employer sacks me after a day, I'm still entitled to all the dough. I think.
Haven’t we been paying 3 or more managers at once previously?
And presumably a reason why Graham Potter isn’t working

Although the above info is largely correct .... some contracts are different. I think (but don't know) that it usually depends on how much a club is chasing you and whether or not that puts you in the ascendency when negotiating terms etc.

Potter's contract was definitely different, he made sure it was.

Under the terms he could have remained on the Chelsea payroll for the entire contract length - costing Chelsea £50 million in total - but instead took a negotiated payout of £12,775.000 (all tax paid) due to the terms he had got negotiated into his contract - and if you add in his salary whilst in the job (tax was payable on this) and other payments (also tax payable) to lure him there he ended up just shy of £19,5000,000 better off from the brief 7 month period

When you consider that it's only a few years ago that he was being supported by his wife Rachel and some family members whilst doing an Open University degree and earning some bits of money coaching at Hull University that's a hell of a turnaround
22:29, Mon 13 Nov
Rab C Nesbitt
His choice to not earn less than he could have by doing nothing

Right sorry I get that now, I thought he’d already got the remaining 4 years paid up front.
22:38, Mon 13 Nov
👍
Tony Fantastico
23:11, Mon 13 Nov
Genuinely can't believe there are Blues fans out there calling for Rooney's head after only 5 games. Always prided myself that our fans were never as fickle as those over the other side of they city. They got beat the other week and loads of us revelled in their collective bedwetting. And here we are.

Rooney would never be my choice, and I personally believe he should have gradually introduced a new approach, but we have to give the fella a chance. We were never going to threaten the top 6 this season. In my opinion we are light years behind the top 6, mainly due to years of struggle at the wrong end. While we were down there most of the other clubs were strengthening year on year and it will take a year or two just to get to a position of challenging.

A good manager is one who gets the best out of what is available to him. Rooney has to formulate a style that the players are comfortable with regardless of what the owners want to see. And we need to give the fella time because, if we get rid, the next manager will be under even more pressure to get results from the off.