13:15, Mon 13 Nov
Exactly this

There is only a plan similar to what I lay out for my lads u10 team.

Press the ball, high up the pitch… be positive and play forward

No idea our defensive plan?

It’s a shambles at the moment and that is down to the manager.

Hope it changes but he looks clueless and result and more importantly performances show that.

Could of lost all games by 4/5 goals (apart from Ipswich)
13:17, Mon 13 Nov
Tha Project OBE
Point A is ridiculous. You can see that can’t you?

Feel free to elaborate on your counter-opinion on that point.

It’s shame it needs any elaborating upon. If they had seen it coming, THEY WOULDN'T HAVE DONE IT.

Leaving aside, nothing has come yet.
13:20, Mon 13 Nov
Great post again Dan.
I've steered clear of the board for a week, just popping on to look at what people are saying, ngl I'm bored of seeing the same old arguments repeated over and over.
It's a tricky call, but I'm with you. Stick and see if he can turn it around.
At the risk of having Rab drop on me like a ton of bricks, only a win against Wednesday will do.
Up the feckin Blues
13:20, Mon 13 Nov
Rab C Nesbitt
It really is time to put our foot on the ball, look at the bigger picture and relax at this time. New owners with a vision, big plans and not the shit or bust approach we’ve seen fairly recently. If Rooney doesn’t work out, he’ll go but more patience is needed. FFP worries should ease year on year, there’s a new ground apparently on the way, this isn’t the Blues we have grown to love and hate in equal measure at times, I’m sure of the that. It’s time to trust.
As I’ve said before it’s a long, long road. Not a cul-de-sac

Nail on the head.
13:24, Mon 13 Nov
It definitely took Pep and Klopp and Arteta time to get their plans working, and they had far better players to work with. I think that's the style Rooney is aiming for so I'm hoping that it's just a matter of plugging away until the ideas sink in with the players.

My worry is that it's really stupid to implement a radical change half way through a season where the previous plan was doing ok, and from a basic human nature angle it's really stupid to expect the players to welcome the new boss and the new ideas.

A good new manager usually has some kind of positive effect early on, and it doesn't seem to be happening here. I'm not saying get rid but it's just worrying, especially the new defensive frailty.
13:30, Mon 13 Nov
Stick or Twist?

Could another possible scenario be Knighthead twist.
As venture capitalists they might already feel that all the agro and negativity that Rooneys' appointment has brought, they've had enough. Cut their losses and sell us on.

Just a thought.

Although I'm totally against the Rooney appointment and the manner in which it was done, all this constant whinging and bellyaching from the fan base must make them wonder if its worth the hassle.
13:34, Mon 13 Nov
Indefatigable
Stick or Twist?

As venture capitalists they might already feel that all the agro and negativity that Rooneys' appointment has brought, they've had enough. Cut their losses and sell us on.

Just a thought.

Although I'm totally against the Rooney appointment and the manner in which it was done, all this constant whinging and bellyaching from the fan base must make them wonder if its worth the hassle.

i doubt they could sell us on as they haven't bought all of us yet
13:38, Mon 13 Nov
Indefatigable
Stick or Twist?

Just a thought.

I would imagine at the moment they will be concerned about the massive decline in form from the new manager, the haven’t invested there money in the club to see it struggle and falter. The sooner we can get a few wins the better, the longer this goes on for the more concerned, let’s hope for the best
Tam
13:38, Mon 13 Nov
Indefatigable
Stick or Twist?

Just a thought.

Well, there is that train of thought, but I'd have thought that a business that made a decision that would sit badly with a sizeable proportion of their customers might expect criticism in their direction. I can imagine the fragile ego of someone like David Sullivan threatening, at least, to do it, but I expect that Wagner and Co are sensible and tough enough to realise that criticism is a cost of pissing some of your customers off and it might even be a lesson that's taken onboard and perhaps even an acceptance that it wasn't done very well.

That's not to diminish the respect and gratitude that I have towards them personally, but but perhaps it's a bit of a jolt to realise that they're not infallible. Few people are - on the other hand it could be a masterstroke and they're looking forward to dubious fans having to eat humble pie.
Make Blues Great Again
13:43, Mon 13 Nov
I’d guess/hope they’re made of sterner stuff than to give up the potential of making millions of pounds because of some internet dissension.
Buy my novel (if you want to of course), The Loneliness That Others Call Freedom by Steven Vaughan. Available in both Kindle and paperback format.
[www.amazon.co.uk]

@stevanderman
13:45, Mon 13 Nov
Stick with Rooney and chillax. Very glad King et al are nowhere to be seen.
14:03, Mon 13 Nov
I know not everybody likes stats but they can often support what your eyes tell you

Since the change we're having fewer shots, fewer shots on target, fewer chances, fewer 'expected goals' (yes I know lots don't like it), we concede more chances, we're conceding far more shots, and conceding far more goals

We're having less possession, winning fewer tackles, making fewer passes, though we are playing the same percentage of long balls.

Obviously it's a small sample size and fixtures have not been easy, so hopefully things improve over time, they need to.
Happy Clapper
14:12, Mon 13 Nov
Tha Project OBE
Tha Project OBE
Point A is ridiculous. You can see that can’t you?

Feel free to elaborate on your counter-opinion on that point.

It’s shame it needs any elaborating upon. If they had seen it coming, THEY WOULDN'T HAVE DONE IT.

Leaving aside, nothing has come yet.

So nothing ridiculous at all, just you trying to stir up trouble by being obnoxious.

As I said, it's concerning that they didn't see this coming when it was so obvious to so many other people. I simply added an 'if' so as not to make the assumption that they didn't see it coming. If they did, it's concerning, if they didn't, it's concerning in a different way.
14:14, Mon 13 Nov
Rags
Personally i think it was a mistake to lob a grenade in to the footballing side of things quite so soon , you want your man in charge great , but how about you actually give him a chance to succeed ?

If you want Rooney in then why not organise it a bit better , tell him its his job , ask him which players he would like and get it all organised for next season , in the meanwhile leave JE doing what he was doing , what was the worst that could happen , he goes on a bad run and you fire him anyway and Rooney is there to take over as the saviour , or he has a decent season and we are there or there abouts and he falls short , fire him for falling short and everybody understands , and if by some miracle he got promotion , jobs a good un

in my view all they have done is unsettle the players and give rooney a hospital pass while splitting the fanbase , just when it looked like we were making some progress

but everything you say makes sense .... until you look at it from a different perspective ... "they" clearly expected immediate improvement under Rooney

- because if they didn't then your take on it is spot on and unarguable and only a complete dick would have looked at it differently

I don't think they did - assuming you mean results on the pitch as a metric for improvement. This is where it's completely fair to say "we were 6th - it would be unrealistic to expect us to push higher up the table".

They got Rooney in because they wanted him and the timing worked with him leaving DC. You can't offer a job to a man a year in advance and say "it's yours if we don't get promoted" and expect him to stick around waiting for it.

I didn't expect top 6 at any point this season, so for me, as long as we don't go down, we're just giving Rooney time to properly work with and assess the squad and the improvements required over the next 2 windows, and that's okay. If we brought him in next season, he wouldn't have that time. The worry is that we go down this year - whereas before I would've accepted that if it meant we got sold and could rebuild, now, a relegation would be a disaster. But I still don't think we'll go down, I'm holding judgment on that until I've seen more than 5 games.

"The worry is that we go down this year" = that's just not going to happen though is it - generally my outlook is pessimistic but i've never been more optimistic than now when i look at the table and think JUST how bad some of the other teams are.

Would be rather ironic though if it was close and we stayed up because of the points that Eustace put on the table
14:14, Mon 13 Nov
Le Mod
I know not everybody likes stats but they can often support what your eyes tell you

Since the change we're having fewer shots, fewer shots on target, fewer chances, fewer 'expected goals' (yes I know lots don't like it), we concede more chances, we're conceding far more shots, and conceding far more goals

We're having less possession, winning fewer tackles, making fewer passes, though we are playing the same percentage of long balls.

Obviously it's a small sample size and fixtures have not been easy, so hopefully things improve over time, they need to.

Slightly ironic considering Cook's words here -

[www.bcfc.com]

The team is now supported through data-enhanced decision making