08:35, Mon 13 Nov
Another weekend, another defeat. Saturday saw Blues lose 3-1 away to Sunderland, pushing the club down to the familiar situation of 18th place in the table. As to be expected, the reaction online has become ever more toxic with more fans insisting that Wayne Rooney and even Blues CEO Garry Cook must

[almajir.net]
08:45, Mon 13 Nov
Personally I think he needs to be given 2 windows. Doesn’t necessarily mean splashing the cash but I’m sure things can be done.
He’s been unlucky with the teams we’ve had to play but I have seen signs that are progressive.
Unfortunately when he’s had to inherit players such as Bacuna, Roberts, Longelo, Sunjic, et al, his hands have been tied.
I’m not saying these players are useless but they I just don’t think they can help push the club on.
08:50, Mon 13 Nov
Good article Dan - question - if results continue to go as they have would the FFP constraints we are under make it very difficult to sack Rooney et al given they have lucrative 3.5 year contracts?
08:51, Mon 13 Nov
It really is time to put our foot on the ball, look at the bigger picture and relax at this time. New owners with a vision, big plans and not the shit or bust approach we’ve seen fairly recently. If Rooney doesn’t work out, he’ll go but more patience is needed. FFP worries should ease year on year, there’s a new ground apparently on the way, this isn’t the Blues we have grown to love and hate in equal measure at times, I’m sure of the that. It’s time to trust.
As I’ve said before it’s a long, long road. Not a cul-de-sac
Tony Fantastico
08:52, Mon 13 Nov
PRBlue
Good article Dan - question - if results continue to go as they have would the FFP constraints we are under make it very difficult to sack Rooney et al given they have lucrative 3.5 year contracts?
You just pay them monthly if you sack them until they find another job
Tony Fantastico
08:55, Mon 13 Nov
Are you really suggesting people should grow up? Good luck with that old boy.

People are seeking out ways to hammer Rooney and to a lesser extent Cook. They are filled with impotent rage, and nothing will assuage them. Well, a few wins will calm them down, then they’ll deny they ever doubted Wayne, and will be lauding Cook for his knowledge and connections again.

The naysayers may be proved right, Wayne may be a dud, Cook may be an idiot, but some people will not allow for any big picture view, no consideration of nuance, no recognition that radical change can take time and patience.

Some fans are wildly emotional. Look at any match day thread, full of mood swings, the same posters veering from joy to despair with every mishit pass, never mind goal conceded.
09:03, Mon 13 Nov
I got pelters on here for suggesting that he gets the same number of games that Eustace got this season...
The cold never bothered me anyway
almajir.net
Another weekend, another defeat. Saturday saw Blues lose 3-1 away to Sunderland, pushing the club down to the familiar situation of 18th place in the table. As to be expected, the reaction online has become ever more toxic with more fans insisting that Wayne Rooney and even Blues CEO Garry Cook must

[almajir.net]

This is a real dilemma

Stick
1) The first half against Ipswich we were superb and for part of the Southampton game
2) l have faith in Wagners vision for the future
3) After ten years of mayhem l don’t want the old vitriol and acrimony to return
4) we have yet to recruit “Rooney’s” players
5) Rooney must realise he’s pretty much finished as a manager if he fails here

Twist
1) There is nothing in his CV to suggest he has anything in his locker to turn this round
2) His post match interviews are becoming more incoherent and unbelievable
3) The players don’t seem to be onboard
4) If we fail to win any of the next three games we are in serious trouble
5) He has polarised the fan base and some will never accept him.
5) He has become a joke figure across the media and everyone appears to be waiting for him to fail.

My honest thought is l hope he resigns if we fail to win any of the next three. Failing that the club have to let him see the season out after the January window unless this downward trajectory continues a la Zola, in which case get rid before the season ends.
Rab C Nesbitt
It really is time to put our foot on the ball, look at the bigger picture and relax at this time. New owners with a vision, big plans and not the shit or bust approach we’ve seen fairly recently. If Rooney doesn’t work out, he’ll go but more patience is needed. FFP worries should ease year on year, there’s a new ground apparently on the way, this isn’t the Blues we have grown to love and hate in equal measure at times, I’m sure of the that. It’s time to trust.
As I’ve said before it’s a long, long road. Not a cul-de-sac

Spot on yeah.

I had a text from a mate over the weekend and I'm sure he meant to send it to The Samaritans, I really didn't know how to answer it.

People really do need to calm the eff down. There's loads of good stuff going on and there will be more.

These people are very good owners who will take us forward, if a difficult decision has to be taken on Rooney - it will be taken.

But it's still too early.
09:11, Mon 13 Nov
It's football PTSD Spike, it'll take time for people to trust again.

It looks to be a really bad decision but I'm quite relaxed long term. Providing we aren't in any danger come March he gets time.

I would implore people to trust the new owners, please.
“Oh Nikola Zigic”

H
Tha Project OBE
Are you really suggesting people should grow up? Good luck with that old boy.

People are seeking out ways to hammer Rooney and to a lesser extent Cook. They are filled with impotent rage, and nothing will assuage them. Well, a few wins will calm them down, then they’ll deny they ever doubted Wayne, and will be lauding Cook for his knowledge and connections again.

The naysayers may be proved right, Wayne may be a dud, Cook may be an idiot, but some people will not allow for any big picture view, no consideration of nuance, no recognition that radical change can take time and patience.

Some fans are wildly emotional. Look at any match day thread, full of mood swings, the same posters veering from joy to despair with every mishit pass, never mind goal conceded.
Well said. Maybe us conked outold effers with dodgy tickers, do get a sense of perspective from the experience. Or the medication helps your brain relax 😎🤝
Tony Fantastico
09:15, Mon 13 Nov

[almajir.net]

Sorry Daniel, but i don't think you should have written this piece.

What you are trying to do is to rationalise the irrational and apply logic to a situation that is illogical.

All your piece does is POTENTIALLY create further division

You need to have FAITH in Rooney.

You need to start disbelieving your own eyes, and learn to ignore stats, overlook logic, write off your own life experiences and just rely purely on faith.

I wrote more about it here ....

[www.smallheathalliance.com]
09:15, Mon 13 Nov
Nikola Zigic
It's football PTSD Spike, it'll take time for people to trust again.

It looks to be a really bad decision but I'm quite relaxed long term. Providing we aren't in any danger come March he gets time.

I would implore people to trust the new owners, please.

I agree with you, it absolutely is past trauma coming back.

I also have come to believe that as much as some people do post toxic stuff, I don't think they want us to lose. It's just that they're more likely to post when we're losing because that's when they feel they need to give their opinion; when everything is fine and dandy there's no need to say anything.
09:17, Mon 13 Nov
For me Rooney should be given a short time to sort it out. I want it to work, but if he drags us into the relegation fight after say another 5/6 game's that's it for me.
What is so stupid about this, is a short term change in tactics could get him the time he needs to change the long term tactics.