22:32, Mon 20 Nov
Its UEFA, Italy got knocked out of the FIFA World Cup at the qualifying stage.

Best not to create make believe scenarios with the worst examples.
Mandated as the Poster of Reason - October 2023
22:59, Mon 20 Nov
Charcy

Whilst I agree with that sentiment, that is one very dodgy looking decision, especially at a time when most the western world is hoping for every positive for Ukraine. I’m not saying it’s Russian interference but I’m also not saying it’s not….
23:02, Mon 20 Nov
Nothing on the game tonight other than trying to get through itcwith no injuries.

Qualified top easily, turned it on in the games it was important to.

We also got pot 1, although the way things are shaping, there could be some real tough groups at the finals.

Netherlands and Italy in pot 3, Croatia in pot 4 potentially with Poland and Ukraine.

England
Hungary
Italy
Ukraine

Would be a nightmarish group.
23:10, Mon 20 Nov
We should still be beating all of those teams mind. Our squad is miles better than the likes of Netherlands and Italy these days
Happy Clapper
23:15, Mon 20 Nov
Radavis
Charcy

Whilst I agree with that sentiment, that is one very dodgy looking decision, especially at a time when most the western world is hoping for every positive for Ukraine. I’m not saying it’s Russian interference but I’m also not saying it’s not….

I really hope this is a joke.
23:18, Mon 20 Nov
Le Mod
We should still be beating all of those teams mind. Our squad is miles better than the likes of Netherlands and Italy these days

Yep it's tough but we ought to win it as we are better than them all.

All the other Pot 1 teams have the same potential scenario.

There's six groups. It's highly unlikely.
23:19, Mon 20 Nov
I agree but we saw with our Nations league campaign that those second tier nations are getting better and better.

At least because 16 out of 24 group teams progress, you pretty much only need to win one group game to reach the knockouts.

I have a sneaking suspicion we will actually be a slow burner in the tournament and reach the final/win it as expectation/anti-gareth sentiment is lowering/increasing respectively.
23:42, Mon 20 Nov
Not that sure about the squad. Take Kane and Bellingham out and I think it’s nothing special.
23:45, Mon 20 Nov
Saka is a fantastic player and there is a whole hist of others who would get into most international teams.
00:06, Tue 21 Nov
Pickford is massively underrated as a goalkeeper for England.

Stones is a world class defender, Walker, Rice, Saka, Foden are all fantastic players.

It’s silly logic anyway, take 2 world class players away from any team and they’re going to be hit hard.
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.
04:12, Tue 21 Nov
Worries me that Kane and Bellingham are so crucial. England are very average without them. They’ll both be facing many games against international players in their domestic and CL matches before the Euros. Injuries could be a massive concern.
05:30, Tue 21 Nov
montypenguin
A half decent ref and we would have won that game.

That said England don't look half as good without Jude and Kane on the pitch.

Southgate - 1 Euro Final and 1 WC Semi - no manager since Alf Ramsay can get anywhere near that record and yet there are still some on here who want rid. Feckin ridiculous.
Some of the performances he’s managed to churn out with the talent at his disposal is mind boggling. The 4-0 home defeat to Hungary probably peak. But the last 2 back to back performances are sack worthy imo. There’s no progression.
People will look back in the not to distant future and laugh that he was allowed to manage this group
Tony Fantastico
07:51, Tue 21 Nov
Mister Mutley
Not that sure about the squad. Take Kane and Bellingham out and I think it’s nothing special.

Netherlands and Italy call up 34 year old forwards for their first cap, they have players from the Championship and relegation threatened teams, or players who can’t get into teams like West Ham. England could genuinely name an entire second squad that would have more quality then what they possess.

Our third and fourth choice players in various positions would start for them (in some i’d go as far down as fifth or sixth)

That’s not to say we should win it, cause France and Spain are still good, but in terms of a squad and depth; we’re light years ahead of a lot of other countries we used to envy, who’s leagues have weakened and who have largely stopped producing quality players
Happy Clapper
08:10, Tue 21 Nov
montypenguin
A half decent ref and we would have won that game.

That said England don't look half as good without Jude and Kane on the pitch.

Southgate - 1 Euro Final and 1 WC Semi - no manager since Alf Ramsay can get anywhere near that record and yet there are still some on here who want rid. Feckin ridiculous.

Take the only two genuinely world-class players out of any team & you've got to expect a real drop-off in performance.

Mind, we have been gash in the last 2 matches.

Maguire has played 1 pass to one of their strikers in both games, too.

We need Stones back ASAP . . . & replacing Maguire.
08:22, Tue 21 Nov
Oboe
The last 20 years it seems nothing has progressed, the elite teams in Europe are far superior to us,

Yeah, all we've done in recent years is go from always going out at the quarters or earlier (and not qualifying at all at times) to getting to the semi's and final's and now at our highest ever FIFA ranking.

It's got to be the Southgate thing, because I genuinely don't know what some people are watching to make up silly stuff like we've not progressed.
The cold never bothered me anyway