13:58, Tue 21 Nov
Again you're wrong, not good at it are you, like i said you crack on with believing what you believe. I see with my eyes what's happening, the lack of progression, England are flat track bullies, when they play someone good they fold. Everyone i spoke to thought we was crap, on the forums i've been on the majority absolutely slated them and Southgate. Maybe you can see something the majority can't, i support England football and cricket, and it's frustrating the way the footballers dismissed the poor 1000+ supporters who paid their hard earned to watch that shower last night, jolly up or not.
19:42, Tue 21 Nov
Rasputin I think you are spot on it gave him a chance to look at the fringe players Watkins I do not think so,T A A still not convinced Rashford does not look as though he’s at it Maguire really is not the answer(to much loyalty)I think we need to look at Toney he can hold the ball up and surely there has to be a place for Sterling on present form.
19:47, Tue 21 Nov
England are flat track bullies,

Eh? We've just limped past Malta and drawn with Macedonia.
19:54, Tue 21 Nov
Oboe
Again you're wrong, not good at it are you, like i said you crack on with believing what you believe. I see with my eyes what's happening, the lack of progression, England are flat track bullies, when they play someone good they fold. Everyone i spoke to thought we was crap, on the forums i've been on the majority absolutely slated them and Southgate. Maybe you can see something the majority can't, i support England football and cricket, and it's frustrating the way the footballers dismissed the poor 1000+ supporters who paid their hard earned to watch that shower last night, jolly up or not.

We took 6 points off Italy and 4 off North Macedonia, that’s the complete opposite of a flat track bully.

And for the 3rd time we beat Germany at the last Euros.

Also if you think we ‘folded’ against France last year then maybe football isn’t for you.
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.
21:51, Tue 21 Nov
France never let up in dead rubbers.

2-2 against already eliminated Greece 😁
22:12, Tue 21 Nov
Oboe

You do remember we lost on penalties in a Euros final?

Explain to me how there is "no progression" since 1966.

Srsly. All ears
07:37, Wed 22 Nov
IMHO England will likely win Euro 24 and have a decent chance of winning the World Cup in 26. I suspect Gareth Southgate will be in charge for both.

Stick that in your pipe.
09:28, Wed 22 Nov
Everbluesince92

Hahahaha - I wonder if the old codgers on the Auxerre forum in France are decrying their national team now after such a result?
09:46, Wed 22 Nov
Nobody hates the England national team more than it's own fans. Well maybe the British press.

I have sometimes wondered if it's a uniquely English trait. Not enough to look into it mind.
10:44, Wed 22 Nov
I find it absoutely staggering that people can say there has been no progression under Southgate. Compare England performances in qualifying and tournaments between 2000 and 2016 with performances in qualifying and tournaments from 2018 to now and they are chalk and cheese. I don't mean results or how far we got in tournaments I mean the actual play on the pitch.

And those that say we had an easy route in 2018 are correct. We did and we made the most of it. We didn't have an easy route in 2021 and got to the final. We had an easy route in 2006 and an even easier route in 2010 (USA, Algeria and Slovenia - finished 2nd and humped by Germany). In 2016 we lost to Iceland.

In 2016 we lost to Iceland!!!

But no, no progress!!!
10:49, Wed 22 Nov
Chris
Everbluesince92

Hahahaha - I wonder if the old codgers on the Auxerre forum in France are decrying their national team now after such a result?

I don’t ’decry’ the England team, or particularly compare them to other countries whose performances I haven’t seen. What I find disappointing is that we aren’t (or don’t) in my view get as much out of the best attacking talent we have had, in my opinion, that I can recall in decades - except in flashes I think. This was in some respects down to a defensive mindset in my opinion in the past, but since then when I think Southgate has tried to fashion a more attacking mode of football it’s still looked all rather static, sideways and lackin in pace. Given our attacking talent I think we could be better.
10:52, Wed 22 Nov
U ok hun?
12:30, Wed 22 Nov
newblue
Chris
Everbluesince92

I don’t ’decry’ the England team, or particularly compare them to other countries whose performances I haven’t seen. What I find disappointing is that we aren’t (or don’t) in my view get as much out of the best attacking talent we have had, in my opinion, that I can recall in decades - except in flashes I think. This was in some respects down to a defensive mindset in my opinion in the past, but since then when I think Southgate has tried to fashion a more attacking mode of football it’s still looked all rather static, sideways and lackin in pace. Given our attacking talent I think we could be better.

You did exactly this earlier in the thread which now looks a bit silly.

The rest of this particular post is all a very valid opinion that's shared by many even if it's not my own.
13:01, Wed 22 Nov
Although it’s entirely possible that I say contradictory things, and may indeed be silly as well as looking so, I don’t recall doing what you suggested I did.

I don’t see a coherent pattern of play really. I see Southgate was using the inverted wingers approach, as Grealish and Saka do for their clubs, but we didn’t seem to get behind the defense much and hit the by line - most of the time it ended up being brought back inside, narrowing the attack and getting bogged down. We can look impressive on the break but we need to be much better at unpicking sides that sit back too.
13:08, Wed 22 Nov
newblue
Although it’s entirely possible that I say contradictory things, and may indeed be silly as well as looking so, I don’t recall doing what you suggested I did.

I don’t see a coherent pattern of play really. I see Southgate was using the inverted wingers approach, as Grealish and Saka do for their clubs, but we didn’t seem to get behind the defense much and hit the by line - most of the time it ended up being brought back inside, narrowing the attack and getting bogged down. We can look impressive on the break but we need to be much better at unpicking sides that sit back too.

Oops I'd read the name on that post as Oboe. My mistake.

Your entire post was entirely valid.