16:03, Wed 29 Nov
I used to use Deezer for a long time when EE gave it me free. I found it often had some amazingly obscure tracks on, then would be missing something popular for no apparent reason.
16:04, Wed 29 Nov
QBBC2
Frank Turner
Pet Needs
Will Varley
Beans on Toast
Skinny Lister

Is Scott Milsom still playing bass?

Yes đź‘Ť
16:04, Wed 29 Nov
41 Genres

Top 5 Genres
1 Classic Rock
2 Classical
3 Rock and Roll
4 Soul
5 Classical Performance

People in Cambridge are more likely to be fans of Kula Shaker and Ralph Vaughan Williams

2680 songs, most played was "Scarlett O'Hara" by Jet Harris and Tony Meehan. (Into The Shadows had to play it at a very special Birthday party)

15,036 minutes

I listened mostly to Jeff Beck in January.

Top 5 artists
1 The Shadows
2 Adrian Legg
3 Jeff Beck
4 J-M-Jarre
5 Cliff and the Shadows
[youtube.com]

Into The Shadows 2024 Tour Dates -

17 Feb - Theatre Severn, Shrewsbury
2 Mar - Taachi Morris Arts Centre, Taunton
30 Mar - Prince Of Wales Theatre, Cannock
20 Apr - Brewhouse Arts Centre, Burton on Trent
7 June - Theatre On The Steps, Bridgnorth
8 June - Theatre On The Steps, Bridgnorth
28 Sept - Exmouth Pavilion
18 Oct - Garrick Theatre, Lichfield
19 Oct - Garrick Theatre, Lichfield
16:10, Wed 29 Nov
I used to use Deezer for a long time when EE gave it me free. I found it often had some amazingly obscure tracks on, then would be missing
something popular for no apparent reason.

That’s the effing French for you. I like Qobuz but Amazon is OK, a bit cheaper, has high res and Atmos so I’ll probably be sticking with that. Must also get the kids and Mrs to pay for their own bastard Spotify so I can bin it.
16:21, Wed 29 Nov
1. Frank Turner
2. Sprints
3. Jamie T
4. Bob Vylan
5. White Lies

Not a massive difference in genres in the top 5, apparently I listened to 98 different genres over the year (including 'crank wave' whatever the hell that is).
4,178 different songs in total.
16:28, Wed 29 Nov
1. Deftones
2. Architects
3. Nothing But Thieves
4. Gojira
5. TesseracT
16:38, Wed 29 Nov
1. Arctic Monkeys
2. Capo Plaza
3. Sfera Ebbasta
4. Oasis
5. Catfish & The Bottlemen

A rogue pair of Italian rappers crop up on my wrapped every year, not a reflection of my favourite artists, however listening to Itlaian music was something my siblings & I grew up with to aid speaking the language and it is still a method I use now!
16:48, Wed 29 Nov
1) The Strokes
2) The Smiths
3) The Chameleons
4) Ratatat
5) Billy Nomates
16:54, Wed 29 Nov
BlueNose82
1. Frank Turner
2. Sprints
3. Jamie T
4. Bob Vylan
5. White Lies

Not a massive difference in genres in the top 5, apparently I listened to 98 different genres over the year (including 'crank wave' whatever the hell that is).

Ha, my mate had "Crank Wave". Apparently it's Post Brexit New Wave primarily from Britain and Ireland.

Fontaines DC and Idles, apparently.
H

Consistently correct.
16:55, Wed 29 Nov
BlueNose82
1. Frank Turner
2. Sprints
3. Jamie T
4. Bob Vylan
5. White Lies

I like what i've heard from Sprints so far.

White Lies are absolutely class.
17:08, Wed 29 Nov
Ah, that's explains why it was in my top 5 genres then. I expect Sprints come under that category, although I've also seen them described as 'garage punk'.

Cheers.
17:11, Wed 29 Nov
Sprints are my favourite new band at the moment. Eagerly awaiting their album, and have tickets to see them at The Actress & Bishop in April.

White Lies have been a favourite for a long time.
17:18, Wed 29 Nov
Tha Project OBE
I still pay for Spotify but don’t really use it anymore, I’ve e been arsing about flitting between Tidal, Deezer, Qobuz, Apple Music and Amazon Music. Currently using Amazon; if it did an unwrapped thingy my top artist would undoubtedly be Mathew Halsall.

For what it’s worth my top album on Spotify is the soundtrack to the film Sweet Thing, which doesn’t seem to be available on other streaming services.

Why do you use Apple Music - is it better than Spotify?
17:32, Wed 29 Nov
1 - Chuck Regan
2 - Ren
3 - Electric Callboy
4 - The Night Flight Sensation
5 - Amigo The Devil

Top song was Wish on the Moon by Chuck, most likely just popped Chalk outline by Ren.
17:34, Wed 29 Nov
Tha Project OBE
I still pay for Spotify but don’t really use it anymore, I’ve e been arsing about flitting between Tidal, Deezer, Qobuz, Apple Music and Amazon Music. Currently using Amazon; if it did an unwrapped thingy my top artist would undoubtedly be Mathew Halsall.

For what it’s worth my top album on Spotify is the soundtrack to the film Sweet Thing, which doesn’t seem to be available on other streaming services.

Why do you use Apple Music - is it better than Spotify?

Amazon at the minute but I have used Apple extensively. Both are much better for playing high res music and they are both the only services that use atmos. Playing either of them through a decent music streamer (Wiim pro plus for me) into a decent system, not even high end audiophile system, they are MILES better than Spotify. Both cheaper than other services and Amazon cheaper still if you have prime.

If you’re playing through a basic system there wouldn’t really be any difference, and Spotify has better features, so the only question then is one of ethics, but if you use Amazon and Apple you’re in no position to moralise on ethics.