22:35, Mon 4 Dec
generalBlue
Rab C Nesbitt
generalBlue
Rab C Nesbitt
Tha Project OBE
I keep an eye on Sunderland fans postings and there has been moaning for some time. Mind you they are probably as daft as half the bleeders on here
Their documentary showed them as very similar chumps to some of ours.
He’s a good man and good manager

He's got zero potential outside the Championship ( upwards ).
I’d worry about that when the Prem days come. His middle names are no fear. Hasn’t let people interfere and walked. Unlike that berk Clotet

Abandoned Rooney then ?
My job is to support our manager and team. Abandoning Rooney isn’t my job. We’d have never had Eustace if it was my choice. Mr Punch would still be our manager after leaving Blackburn though. I know people he’s still in touch with from Albion days. I’m biased but he’s a good ‘un
Tony Fantastico
22:36, Mon 4 Dec
Someone mentioned he is ‘moany’ but he isn’t, he’s the opposite really. He’s rather downbeat and understated, I guess some don’t like that. He’s a good bloke.

And funny.
22:37, Mon 4 Dec
Always thought his sides played some nice stuff, remember him at the Albion with Kamara, Koumas and that team, they were great to watch.

Sunderland have gone for the youthful approach which is admirable, but many of them youngsters have never played in England let alone the championship.
You need a balance of some older heads in there with the kids, they are also very poor upfront, without Jack Clarkes goals they’d have been effed.

Probably a manager to get you competing and perhaps promoted but he’s never really kicked on after that has he, but he’s a vastly better manager than WR imo, although there managerial careers are at different ends of the spectrum.
Always thought he come across as straight talking, sarcastic and abit dry when I heard his post match stuff.
22:37, Mon 4 Dec
I can smell something
Jude should be front and centre of everything England do in the attacking third of the pitch.
Give him the armband now too ! ( AUG 2023 )
22:39, Mon 4 Dec
generalBlue
I can smell something
Probably that casserole from Saturday
Tony Fantastico
23:44, Mon 4 Dec
I am surprised by them sacking Mobray, I think it makes our sacking of JE appear completely sane, but sounds like from what others have said it that there are things happening behind the scenes at Sunderland that have led to this, I think they will probably regret it.
Tony Mowbray sacked by Sunderland
06:12, Tue 5 Dec
Sacked by Speakman who puts Dodds in charge
06:14, Tue 5 Dec
Let’s watch them plummet 10 places down the league…

Anyone?
06:45, Tue 5 Dec
Rags
Can i be the first to say "no thanks" ... whilst I like him and can see his qualities, i always see him as a "nearly man" whose teams eff up when the chips are down.

To replace Rooney ? ... well i think it would be an improvement

Long term ... nope from me

I agree, he seems to have a good start with teams and then it fizzles out, Sunderland fans seem to think he doesn’t have a plan b.

An improvement over Rooney but not the long term answer.

Tbf a plan A wouldnt be a bad thing.
Strange decision but let’s see if they get their new manager right. Always liked the way Mowbray teams play football and would have been perfect to replace Eustace but we can’t be changing managers every time someone comes along who we think may be better.
Let’s see this Rooney thing out.
07:51, Tue 5 Dec
Benches Jobe and gets sacked...
Gerrim in now
08:01, Tue 5 Dec
Next time we have a managerial vacancy and we are in the championship, I’d like to have Mowbray in charge.
08:03, Tue 5 Dec
El Mayor
Sacked.

Gerrimin.

A week is a long time in football…
08:05, Tue 5 Dec
Says everything that most of us agree that this would be a good appointment, even your good self!

The owners wont listen, or rather, Cook... perhaps..