10:32, Tue 5 Dec
he's always got his teams playing 'good football' the type the owners want but it hasnt translated into results

his sides always fall short
10:33, Tue 5 Dec
Would have probably been a good appointment when we sacked Eustace. A short term 1.5 season type job to set the ground work and evolve the playing style.
“Oh Nikola Zigic”

H
10:41, Tue 5 Dec
Miguelagenn
I don't understand the clamour. They're 4 points ahead of us and 3 of those were presented to them by us. They had much higher expectations than us us at the start of the season and until recently, had forward momentum. Their current form is poor.

Taking early season predictions and expectations into account, they're doing just as bad as we are.

I tend to agree with your assessment.

It is quite possible that Mowbray could,in the short term, do a better job than Rooney but I don't think that he would be a long term answer.

His career has definitely had its ups but also its downs and he seems to struggle to form a rapport with club owners.

Always seemed to me to be a "nearly man".
10:41, Tue 5 Dec
I'd rather have a "nearly man" than a "never man".
11:02, Tue 5 Dec
Le Mod
They had much higher expectations than us us at the start of the season

I would say that's only because of the job he did the year before

Yeah they lost their best player in the summer.
Have had no centre halves for a while and no striker I believe?
“Oh Nikola Zigic”

H
11:21, Tue 5 Dec
KROJim
Says everything that most of us agree that this would be a good appointment, even your good self!

The owners wont listen, or rather, Cook... perhaps..
I think the fact that the 2 coaches and Rooney are on 3.5 year contracts and a fair bit of money may come into it too. They wont bin Rooney unless absolutely necessary
11:22, Tue 5 Dec
sounds like he's getting pressure on who to pick too
11:24, Tue 5 Dec
No thanks.
11:28, Tue 5 Dec
Miguelagenn
I don't understand the clamour. They're 4 points ahead of us and 3 of those were presented to them by us. They had much higher expectations than us us at the start of the season and until recently, had forward momentum. Their current form is poor.

Taking early season predictions and expectations into account, they're doing just as bad as we are.

Sensible post.
11:55, Tue 5 Dec
Dirty Bertie
Miguelagenn

I tend to agree with your assessment.

It is quite possible that Mowbray could,in the short term, do a better job than Rooney but I don't think that he would be a long term answer.

His career has definitely had its ups but also its downs and he seems to struggle to form a rapport with club owners.

Always seemed to me to be a "nearly man".

Is there such a thing as a "long term answer" for 90% of clubs?
I think our main concern is the next 6 months.
Get through this season (stay up) get rid of a lot of high earners who's contracts are up, and rebuild
The fact that Jellyfish have survived for 500 million years without a brain, must give hope to a lot of people
14:50, Tue 5 Dec
I have followed the Blues for over 65 years and, without doubt, the worst periods have coincided with us having a high turnover of managers.

Since we were relegated in 2011 we have had 12 permanent managers and zero success.

Therefore I cannot see any benefit in yet another short term appointment.
14:53, Tue 5 Dec
Dirty Bertie
I have followed the Blues for over 65 years and, without doubt, the worst periods have coincided with us having a high turnover of managers.

Since we were relegated in 2011 we have had 12 permanent managers and zero success.

Therefore I cannot see any benefit in yet another short term appointment.

As opposed to all that success we had the previous 135 years.
Mandated as the Poster of Reason - October 2023
14:58, Tue 5 Dec
😂
15:28, Tue 5 Dec
Success is relative.

The 1970's and the period from 1996 to 2011 saw greater managerial stability and certainly more success than the last 12 years.