15:34, Tue 5 Dec
Dirty Bertie
Success is relative.

The 1970's and the period from 1996 to 2011 saw greater managerial stability and certainly more success than the last 12 years.
The 70’s never won a game in the old UEFA Cup though, never mind being the first English team to beat Brugge away. Plus football has changed. Owners are now more important than managers.
Tony Fantastico
He's right though, this constant manager merry go round doesn't work (certainly hasn't for us). We do need stability, doesn't mean that's going to mean stick with WR no matter what, but we need to stop having a new manger every season.
Up the feckin Blues
15:45, Tue 5 Dec
Rab C Nesbitt
Dirty Bertie
Success is relative.

The 1970's and the period from 1996 to 2011 saw greater managerial stability and certainly more success than the last 12 years.
The 70’s never won a game in the old UEFA Cup though, never mind being the first English team to beat Brugge away. Plus football has changed. Owners are now more important than managers.

My experiences of European football with Blues pre dates Bruges away by 50 years when we played the likes of Barcelona, Roma and Inter.

We were out of the UEFA Cup before Christmas 2011 and since then it has been generally downhill.

As far as success on the field is concerned managers and players remain more important than owners whose role is to provide the base for them.
15:50, Tue 5 Dec
You don’t get managers and players to win things without the right owners. See Man City
Tony Fantastico
15:59, Tue 5 Dec
Wow Rooney has had 8 games half the time he’s had loads out injured

We were always going to struggle without buying a striker or 2

We need 2 central midfielders

Give the guy a chance takes time to completely change the style of play

Eustace was SHIT proper ffs
The football under him was terrible

You need to all relax and stop saying we was 6 th embarrassment of the highest order we was 2 points off 15 at time of sacking ffs

We hadn’t won for 6 games under eustace then beat shit Huddersfield team and some how beat baggies they played us off the park

This site has descended into a joke bedsheets of the highest order

Cook has chose his man get on with it if they read this site they must be shaking there heads in disbelief

Saved us from the shit we’ve all gone through last decade

The club is on the rise and will prosper with it without Rooney at the helm

Fecking 8 games in and bitching like mad half the bastard time this website does predictions on a Friday and 50 % of you ohhhhhhhhhhh have a bad feeling about this one we will lose tomorrow ffs

Back the manager and Back the board in there decision

Window coming up things will change if they can’t play the way he wants he’ll get money to change squad simple

No such thing as instant success deceive took yrs

Pep shit first yr
Klopp shit first yr

Get real people have to walk before we can run

Kro
16:03, Tue 5 Dec
You tell 'em Tex 👍🏻
16:04, Tue 5 Dec
Have you just compared Rooney to Pep and Klopp?
16:06, Tue 5 Dec
Tex for President
16:07, Tue 5 Dec
Well said Tex.

Not one of those moaning about Rooney attend matches.

FACT
16:08, Tue 5 Dec
Rab C Nesbitt
You don’t get managers and players to win things without the right owners. See Man City

And only two managers in 10 years.
16:21, Tue 5 Dec
🎣🤣
16:28, Tue 5 Dec
Linked Image
16:34, Tue 5 Dec
No mate not at all
Fergie was the first one took him yrs
Pep nothing in league first season

Klopp the same came 8 th I think

Just saying Rooney needs time

Had loads out injured

But if they can t play his way then they have to go simple

Sick of everyone moaning about Rooney

Needs at least 1-2 windows
16:35, Tue 5 Dec
well he was a better player
Tam
16:41, Tue 5 Dec
texasblue
Wow Rooney has had 8 games half the time he’s had loads out injured

We were always going to struggle without buying a striker or 2

We need 2 central midfielders

Give the guy a chance takes time to completely change the style of play

Eustace was SHIT proper ffs
The football under him was terrible

You need to all relax and stop saying we was 6 th embarrassment of the highest order we was 2 points off 15 at time of sacking ffs

We hadn’t won for 6 games under eustace then beat shit Huddersfield team and some how beat baggies they played us off the park

This site has descended into a joke bedsheets of the highest order

Cook has chose his man get on with it if they read this site they must be shaking there heads in disbelief

Saved us from the shit we’ve all gone through last decade

The club is on the rise and will prosper with it without Rooney at the helm

Fecking 8 games in and bitching like mad half the bastard time this website does predictions on a Friday and 50 % of you ohhhhhhhhhhh have a bad feeling about this one we will lose tomorrow ffs

Back the manager and Back the board in there decision

Window coming up things will change if they can’t play the way he wants he’ll get money to change squad simple

No such thing as instant success deceive took yrs

Pep shit first yr
Klopp shit first yr

Get real people have to walk before we can run

Kro

Good rant, and I agree with most of it, but I thought that the standard of football this season under John Eust.ace was improving, and enjoyable at times - you could also observe that we didn't have a decent striker then either. I think it's fair to mention the league position at the time, albeit only 11 games had been played, because I'm damn sure if we'd have been at the bottom of the table, that wouldn't have been offered as a defence. We were doing OK. WBA didn't play us off the park IMO - I thought we deserved the win. I think it's fair to say that the quality of football hasn't improved since Rooney's arrival, in the main. We shouldn't rewrite history and claim that we were going to walk the league, but equally I think that it's unfair to say that we weren't doing OK and that the football was 'shit'.

I do agree that moaning about it wont help, and we do need to back the manager and the side - and the owners of course. Will Rooney succeed at Blues? I don't know - if I had to put money on it, I'd probably say 'no', but luckily I haven't got any money. Let's hope that he proves all the doubters wrong and makes a complete success of it. In the meantime, every Blues fan SHOULD back him at the ground.
Make Blues Great Again