17:47, Tue 5 Dec
People talking about sacking him because he appointed one of England's most decorated players -- an appointment that will probably end up increasing the club's commercial impact by a double-digit percentage figure

Still yet to see anyone even get close to explaining how this is likely.

As an example - on YouTube - Eustace’s last win has got 31k views on the highlights. Rooney’s first win got 17k
18:38, Tue 5 Dec
bluer than blues
generalBlue
Bordesley not Small Heath
generalBlue
I make that 7842 times that virtually the exact same words have been posted......
" blah blah blah .... Rooney shouldn't have been appointed "
It's tedious.
He's in the job. He's trying to get the squad to adjust. He needs support from us over the coming months.
It could be good for the club.
Move on !

Agree but we are talking about Cook here, not Rooney

With all due respect if anyone seriously believes that Cook's position will ever be in danger of being ended during the next couple of years they are in cuckoo land.
Completely bonkers.
It's a non subject.

I don't think that's true. Ultimately Wagner is here to make money. If he decides that Cook is affecting his ability to do that Cook will be gone.

I doubt it will be on the basis of Rooney failing but if Cook appointed another manager who failed, particularly through similar circumstances, ie the back door rather than the front, then I'd imagine he'll be in trouble.

I'm sorry mate but I can't find the time to waste on your hypothetical hypothesis.
Jude should be front and centre of everything England do in the attacking third of the pitch.
Give him the armband now too ! ( AUG 2023 )
18:45, Tue 5 Dec
Well if we’re no longer accepting mediocrity, which I agree with, I don’t know how we can be happy with being in a relegation dogfight again.

We’re not in a relegation dogfight.
18:59, Tue 5 Dec
KROJim
For fundamental revenue growth we need to be offering a world class product, as quoted by Cook. The footballing product is not looking good at all and in addition, it is creating media attention but not the positive kind of attention we could do with. Likewise, large sections of fans are not happy or coming back, or being enticed.

Double edged sword

The first job of a football manager is to deliver a winning team. I appreciate the argument that this doesn’t always happen quickly, and Rooney may well be capable of delivering this at some point in the future if we stick with him. But any part of the decision making process involving selecting a manager based on profile for the purposes of revenue growth is foolish in the extreme in my opinion. This was my problem with the (partial) justification of the decision on revenue grounds in the first place, and there was a long thread on this at the time. I’ve seen nothing so far to change my mind.

Get promoted in the next few years- there’s your revenue growth. Who’s the manager to deliver that. Could be Rooney. ‘Look at his Instagram followers’ is and always has been bullshit though. Win matches 👍
19:08, Tue 5 Dec
You’re not wrong cause at the moment we’re not, but we will be if results and form continues as it is, especially with the bottom teams starting to pick up points and wins.
19:23, Tue 5 Dec
You’re not wrong cause at the moment we’re not, but we will be if results and form continues as it is, especially with the bottom teams starting to pick up points and wins.

Well, yes if our form continues as it is we will be but we have a 7 point buffer atm.

And if our form improves we won’t be and we’re 7 points off the play offs atm.

Two sides of the same coin. I’m calling heads, we won’t be in a relegation dog fight come the end of the season.

It’s exciting, isn’t it!
Tam
19:31, Tue 5 Dec
QBBC2

Well, yes if our form continues as it is we will be but we have a 7 point buffer atm.

And if our form improves we won’t be and we’re 7 points off the play offs atm.

Two sides of the same coin. I’m calling heads, we won’t be in a relegation dog fight come the end of the season.

It’s exciting, isn’t it!

No, I don't think that we'll be in a desperate relegation scrap either, although I'm not 100% convinced that Rooney will be here at that point (I'm not convinced that he won't be either!). My concern is that it takes too long to pick up results and then the toxicity from the crowd might become too unbearable for the situation to continue. A couple of decent results will settle most people down, but they need to happen sooner rather than later, stating the bleedin' obvious.
Make Blues Great Again
19:32, Tue 5 Dec
I hope so mate. All I wanted this season was a boring mid table finish, and then build on that next season.
19:36, Tue 5 Dec
I hope so mate. All I wanted this season was a boring mid table finish, and then build on that next season.

I get it mate. Some fans feel they’ve been robbed of a better season but it’s early doors and tbf most of those fans would have found something else to moan about anyway.
19:46, Tue 5 Dec
QBBC2

I get it mate. Some fans feel they’ve been robbed of a better season but it’s early doors and tbf most of those fans would have found something else to moan about anyway.

Based on Rooney's time at Derby and DC United, plus January reinforcements, I think we can realistically expect an upturn in results after Christmas.
22:11, Tue 5 Dec
Watch the open house videos and things are explained there.
12:02, Wed 6 Dec
Rags I'm not convinced they are looking for, or need to look for new investors.

They have all the investment capability they need.

They will clearly be looking for long term partnerships/sponsors but they have a clear vision they can sell in that respect regardless of the short term Rooney scenario.
12:14, Wed 6 Dec
Rags I'm not convinced they are looking for, or need to look for new investors.

They have all the investment capability they need.

They will clearly be looking for long term partnerships/sponsors but they have a clear vision they can sell in that respect regardless of the short term Rooney scenario.

Yes ... i should have used your words rather than "investors" - apologies
12:16, Wed 6 Dec
I would say that to the board, YouTube advert revenue is peanuts and that they are going to be looking at securing large investment from the US, similar to Undefeated deal.

From my experience of commercial deals, albeit far, far lower than the people these guys will be dealing with, they will invite them to their new suite and wine and dine them.

Most of the business men they are dealing with will probably not have a clue about football in England, but they might know more about the US.

Rooney was signed as a marquee signing and so he is still probably well known to a lot of Americans.

So once the drinks and meals have been done and the game has finished, they will most likely roll out the Bradys and the Rooneys for some meet and greets.

The US business men won't be concerned about the style of football they have just watched or be aware about Joe Blogs screaming Rooney out every day on Facebook. Or that only 17k viewed match highlights on YouTube.

They will however probably be impressed by knowing that their product will be instantly associated with big names in the US which might seal the deal so to speak.

And I am sure that Undeafted for example are ecstatic that their products have a potential to reach of millions via Rooney and Brady.

Without being pricey to their plans, how can anyone say, but I would imagine that this is a part of their plans for 'turbocharging' revenue.
12:20, Wed 6 Dec
QBBC2

Oh well that's alright then. How dare they not be 100% positive regardless of circumstances, let them suffer for it!