12:17, Sat 30 Dec
Mowbray is the stand out for me as well. Would love Cooper, Hasanhuttl but don't think they'd come. Cooper will want a prem slot and RH has ruled himself out of taking another job in football for now. TM it is then.
Up the feckin Blues
12:18, Sat 30 Dec
I think Jesse Marsch would be a great appointment personally. Not sure why this lazy demeaning of American coaches persists in English football really, wasn't that long ago we had a manager whose biggest achievement was an unbeaten run in our third tier. Appointments since and before in some cases haven't even had that to boast of.

It's all pie in the sky though I guess, can't see Rooney getting sacked until mid February at the earliest.
Buy my novel (if you want to of course), The Loneliness That Others Call Freedom by Steven Vaughan. Available in both Kindle and paperback format.
[www.amazon.co.uk]

@stevanderman
12:24, Sat 30 Dec
not convinced, too much of a dice roll considering our position, not sure he could put his style on things in a new league mid season, as for the talk of him nearly getting hired by Leicester, they chose Dean Smith ahead of him

Mowbray sides tend to play well and he knows how to pick up points in this league.
12:28, Sat 30 Dec
Rowett.

Can he organise and grind out results? Yes.

We might as well go full circle.
12:32, Sat 30 Dec
Mowbray is an excellent coach but I don't think he wants to come this far down south anymore, sure I've heard him say something to that effect before.
Buy my novel (if you want to of course), The Loneliness That Others Call Freedom by Steven Vaughan. Available in both Kindle and paperback format.
[www.amazon.co.uk]

@stevanderman
12:33, Sat 30 Dec
You're right. I've read that myself
12:47, Sat 30 Dec
Cooper might be out of reach. Mowbray would be my choice, just a solid dependable championship manager.
12:54, Sat 30 Dec
Bob Bradley.
Would it not make more sense to bring a big shot in to help Rooney. Cook saves face. Club can say it is listening. Rooney can get advice and improve.
13:01, Sat 30 Dec
No ex famous footballers please, I'm hurt
13:31, Sat 30 Dec
Seeing the success of likes of McKenna, maresca and iraola , a few left field options….

Felice mazzu - Charleroi

Established Charleroi as top 6 club - got a move to gent, Won promotion with USG in Belgium after 50 odd years , guided them to top of the league and champions league qualification , moved to Anderlecht , now back at charleroi rescued them from relegation now back in play off hunt .

Garcia pimienta.- las Palmas

Spent 15 odd years in the Barça youth teams . Established the B team as regular playoff contenders
Moved to Las Palmas , finished 4th and were promoted the year after . Now 9th in last Liga and has a distinctive Barça philosophy .

Carlos Cuesta .

Part of the back room staff at Arsenal , young highly regarded young coach .
13:32, Sat 30 Dec
Round up the usual suspects
13:41, Sat 30 Dec
Will Still

The way our fans moan they’d probably prefer Will Self
13:43, Sat 30 Dec
Think he’s the guy that turned down Sunderland
I would be happy to get any 'firefighting' manager in to get us out of this. Neil warnock etc

This season is over so appointing a right manager for the long tern 'project' can wait until sumner as far as i concerned