17:01, Mon 1 Jan
Ive turned to smack
17:01, Mon 1 Jan
Peakyblue
So just for you, if "sack" who do you trust to "hire". Coz it weren't great process-wise last time?

Go for Cooper, Potter or Hassunhutl. Get rejected? Get Marsch, Mowbray or a performing manager in the lower leagues. Any would be better than this

Marsch would be an absolute disaster at Blues
17:02, Mon 1 Jan
Mowbray for me.
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.
17:02, Mon 1 Jan
I was back until he abandoned the attempts to change the style of play. There are much better managers out there if we’re going back to basics.

Stoke worried me and today has confirmed it.

He has now officially become Zola Mk 2.
17:03, Mon 1 Jan
Sack now. The last two matches have regrettably turned me. I just can’t see how he can turn this around.
To be perfectly honest I'd rather stay in the championship but be a tough to beat team with someone like Mowbray than having delusions of grandeur with Rooney at the helm and constantly needing to get in the prem.
mjd2505
Sack - another one who was "back" until Stoke, that's when I changed

Same.

Sack. By half 5 please
I don't see how he turns this around, so sack.
He's displayed zero ability to set up the team for success. There's no coherent way of playing that matches the players he has available.
Hence, I've zero confidence that he could manage a team with slightly better players.
It'll take someone with huge presence to bring the squad together and rebuild a degree of confidence.
17:04, Mon 1 Jan
Sack and do it tonight. But I srill think the owners won’t sack him.
17:05, Mon 1 Jan
For me, the players are the main reason for our predicament, however, the manager has to somehow get the best from them, and he’s not.

Sadly, he has to go. Sack.
17:06, Mon 1 Jan
Petebaldwin
I was back until he abandoned the attempts to change the style of play. There are much better managers out there if we’re going back to basics.

Stoke worried me and today has confirmed it.

He has now officially become Zola Mk 2.

No, he’s Rooney mk1, sack tonight or Cooks neck’s on the line big time
Agreed, he was useless at leeds.
I don’t think Eustace was any more than a 6/10 manager but he could turn us around. So could 80% of the managers currently employed in this division.

It wouldn’t take a heroic effort - just some knowledge and experience and we’d be fine.

If they want someone to genuinely improve us from where we have been, it’ll be a tougher job but in order to recover and pull clear of the relegation fight? Easy…
17:07, Mon 1 Jan
Bluenose27
Sack and do it tonight. But I srill think the owners won’t sack him.
Unfortunately I agree with your 2nd sentence. Cook has dug himself in VERY deep over this.
He’s got an ego the size of China.
No way he’s backing down unless he feels he absolutely has no choice
17:07, Mon 1 Jan
Back.

Discarding next Saturday's fixture entirely, lose to Swansea and it will be curtains for him then I reckon.
Buy my novel (if you want to of course), The Loneliness That Others Call Freedom by Steven Vaughan. Available in both Kindle and paperback format.
[www.amazon.co.uk]

@stevanderman