17:08, Mon 1 Jan
Sack
Given we don’t play a league game for another 12 days it’s the perfect time to sack him.
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.
Sack.

Thongs might change my mind, though.
17:10, Mon 1 Jan
Rags
Peakyblue
So just for you, if "sack" who do you trust to "hire". Coz it weren't great process-wise last time?

Go for Cooper, Potter or Hassunhutl. Get rejected? Get Marsch, Mowbray or a performing manager in the lower leagues. Any would be better than this

Marsch would be an absolute disaster at Blues

Wouldn't be my first choice either, if we fail on first 3 (likely) I would rather Mowbray or another performing manager lower down. But Rooney can't go on, that's all I know
shd
Sack and sack TONIGHT

Get new manager in ready for FA Cup to let him look at players with zero pressure
I think it’s got to be sack. The plan isn’t working.
17:13, Mon 1 Jan
shd
Sack and sack TONIGHT

Get new manager in ready for FA Cup to let him look at players with zero pressure

Steady. Common sense aint welcome.
17:13, Mon 1 Jan
Agree with this. Players are an effing disgrace
17:15, Mon 1 Jan
Sack
A striker is not the problem. Rooney is the problem.
Sack, he has to go, if Cook won't sack him he must at least sideline him to bring in a competent coach like Mowbray.
17:18, Mon 1 Jan
Sack.

I do feel sorry for him the way the players and fans have been against him since he arrived.

He’ll probably be sacked and then my thoughts will be with his poor children. Nobody wants to see anyone out of work at this time of year and in this cost of living crisis. (Apart from DvBs of course). I hope he doesn’t turn to drink.
17:19, Mon 1 Jan
Agree too. Players must take responsibility. Several not fit to wear the shirt.
17:19, Mon 1 Jan
shd
no way can we carry on with Rooney
I'd put Cook on notice and take the new appointment out of his and his agents hands. Cooper if we can Mowbray otherwise
Tam
17:25, Mon 1 Jan
Fifteen games isn't a lot. If you've got a terrible squad of players who aren't capable of getting results, then you try and stick with the manager and get them through a transfer window as best you can to give them a fighting chance. Trouble is, Rooney took over a squad that was getting results and his tenure so far transformed it (for whatever reason/s) into the worst performing side in the division.

I didn't want Rooney at Blues, and fifteen games isn't very long, but I suppose the question is 'will he ever make it at Blues?'

I'd like him to, but I'm struggling to see it. The owners might be thinking that if we can avid relegation (and we really shouldn't even be thinking of relegation) then we can give him as much of a fresh squad as budget will allow. I can understand that to an extent if he really IS their man and they're going all Tammyy Wynette about it.

Thing is, us fans don't really want another dismal few months of football when things had been going reasonably well on the pitch and fantastically well off the pitch. For that reason, hostility from the fans is going to be a factor in any decision quite probably, and I think he'll a struggle to win the fans over unless something miraculous happens.

I'm tempted to sit on the fence and say 'either back him as much as you can in January and give him a little more time, to decide that it's never going to happen for him here and sack him right now'.

Then I think 'what if Mowbray or Cooper were available?', and I'd like that, so I suppose the answer must be 'sack'.
Make Blues Great Again
Tam
17:26, Mon 1 Jan
Thongs
Sack.

I do feel sorry for him the way the players and fans have been against him since he arrived.

I do feel sorry for the him for the way that the fans have been against him from the start, regardless of anything else. He walked into a perfect storm really.
Make Blues Great Again