17:40, Mon 1 Jan
Sack.

Thongs might change my mind, though.

I do feel sorry for him the way the players and fans have been against him since he arrived.

He’ll probably be sacked and then my thoughts will be with his poor children. Nobody wants to see anyone out of work at this time of year and in this cost of living crisis. (Apart from DvBs of course). I hope he doesn’t turn to drink.

Answer the question Thongs: 4 letter answer please not a load of waffle.

Sack or back

Edit as the mrs Just reminded me it's 1 letter

S or B
Assuming we stay up
STD
He's not going anywhere and is going to be backed in January
Moist
Tam
sheffield blue
Back, so far two different managers cannot get a tune out of these very poor, uninterested players, get a few in in January, rebuild in the summer, if it still doesn't work come next autumn we will at least have a better squad for the new manager.

I'll disagree with that, if you mean that the other one was Eustace. In fact, I think that part of the reason for the antipathy towards Rooney was that it was perceived that Eustace was getting something from this squad, as the points tally was starting to show.
Make Blues Great Again
17:41, Mon 1 Jan
Tam
5live currently making a big deal of it Sutton trying to get Blues fans on.

I said before if they’re going to bin him, do it straight away, so long as the new chap is ready to go, while there is a bit of time between games.

Wouldn’t be sorry either way but I’m still back, on the basis of the same shite I’ve been spouting for weeks
17:42, Mon 1 Jan
I never try to get managers sacked.
Fat Buddha CBE

I said before if they’re going to bin him, do it straight away, solongas the new chap is ready to go, while there is a bit of time between games.

Wouldn’t be sorry either way but I’m still back, on the basis of the same shite I’ve been spouting for weeks

Who’s Solongas manage now?
First caller Matt. Doesn’t like Rooney because he scored against us. Welcome to Div City.
Tam
17:44, Mon 1 Jan
Fat Buddha CBE

I said before if they’re going to bin him, do it straight away, solongas the new chap is ready to go, while there is a bit of time between games.

Yes, I agree. Logic (well, my logic anyway) suggests that they either do it now and give the new manager a chance to work with the players and identify new ones to work with for the second part of the season, or back him in the window as much as is possible, and then they have to give it until the end of February. My concern is that fan discontent will tip the balance before results do.
Make Blues Great Again
17:46, Mon 1 Jan
Thongs
I never try to get managers sacked.

Nah you just seem to have a weird bitterness towards the two managers that have actually done well for us in rowett and eustace. Whilst having the footballing intelligence to be pro zola and now rooney.

I've seen villa fans with better insights into us.
17:47, Mon 1 Jan
Tam
Can’t sack him if we haven’t backed him. He needs to bring in a few players

You can’t blame Rooney for them 2 first goals today shocking

We have no midfield whatsoever and no strikers

He needs to be given a proper chance with some money end of

Back him
17:48, Mon 1 Jan
Tam
Tam
Fat Buddha CBE

Yes, I agree. Logic (well, my logic anyway) suggests that they either do it now and give the new manager a chance to work with the players and identify new ones to work with for the second part of the season, or back him in the wondow as much as is possible, and then they have to give it until the end of February. My concern is that fan discontent will tip the balance before results do.

Fan discontent will cost us every home game until Rooney has gone. There's not going to be any support, the player's confidence is absolutely shot to pieces, and the performances have evaporated too.

He's absolutely got to go before the next league game.
17:48, Mon 1 Jan
I’m still pro Rooney and anti these gutless players that downed tools long ago.

But sack the poor sod before it turns really ugly. And I want to see half this squad at least gone in the summer.
Ricky Otto 1994-1998 - The Man, The Legend
17:49, Mon 1 Jan
footballisanart
Sack.

I was previously back. Need to be grown up about this now. It hasn’t worked. No hard feelings.

Same
17:49, Mon 1 Jan
Tam
StechyBlue
Thongs
Sack.

Thongs might change my mind, though.

I do feel sorry for him the way the players and fans have been against him since he arrived.

I do feel sorry for the him for the way that the fans have been against him from the start, regardless of anything else. He walked into a perfect storm really.

Its almost like our fans knew it wasn't going to work as if weve seen this before.

Yes, there was some of that definitely, but I think that there's more to it than just that.

I think that there was the anger at the way that Eustace was dismissed, the deflation around the club after new hope had materialised and Rooney being a bit of a Marmite figure himself.

Same as Rowett. (and eustace)

He weren't perfect but he was doing a job with what he had. Sometimes you need that person. We were ticking over nicely.

Rooney wants to do a job that the board have TOLD him to do, with players who cant do it.

John supposedly lost his job because he knew this information.

Anybody would think he knew what he was talking about.