Tam
17:56, Mon 1 Jan
StechyBlue
StechyBlue
Thongs
Sack.

Thongs might change my mind, though.

I do feel sorry for him the way the players and fans have been against him since he arrived.

I do feel sorry for the him for the way that the fans have been against him from the start, regardless of anything else. He walked into a perfect storm really.

Its almost like our fans knew it wasn't going to work as if weve seen this before.

Yes, there was some of that definitely, but I think that there's more to it than just that.

I think that there was the anger at the way that Eustace was dismissed, the deflation around the club after new hope had materialised and Rooney being a bit of a Marmite figure himself.

Same as Rowett. (and eustace)

He weren't perfect but he was doing a job with what he had. Sometimes you need that person. We were ticking over nicely.

Rooney wants to do a job that the board have TOLD him to do, with players who cant do it.

John supposedly lost his job because he knew this information.

Anybody would think he knew what he was talking about.

I think that the deflation was more stark with the Rooney situation, as the 'new dawn' was starting to materialise and we were looking forward to huge improvements off the pitch and restored pride in the club, and steady improvement on it, both of which had happened. I know that not everybody was keen on Eustace, but there seemed to be a real feelgood factor around the club, among the fans, walking out of the ground after the Albion game. That had vanished not two days later and the anger was palpable, and some of the vitriol not nice at all.

Absolutely, I get that many had feared another Zola situation, but it was worse than that - Zola at least came in with goodwill and respect for the man himself. Rooney didn't.
Make Blues Great Again
17:57, Mon 1 Jan
Los Azules
Back. Two more weeks. Chance to get a striker.

They have to really

Still 6/7 points clear of danger

He'll get to Feb
17:58, Mon 1 Jan
Tam
So all in all and sadly for me - it has to be sack Rooney Tam? I'm sick of the revolving door - let's hope they get it right this time.
Up the feckin Blues
17:59, Mon 1 Jan
Can’t sack him if we haven’t backed him. He needs to bring in a few players

You can’t blame Rooney for them 2 first goals today shocking

We have no midfield whatsoever and no strikers

He needs to be given a proper chance with some money end of

Back him

We seemed to be doing reasonably ok before he came - not great but at least we were stable. We had a reasonable defence and midfield but limited strikers.

There was no recruitment process, he was parachuted in to give us ‘no fear’ football with a squad that can’t play that style. You wouldn’t ask a knee surgeon to perform a brain operation - they are both surgeons but with different skills.

The football has, in general, been garbage and as we can’t change the squad radically in January, the fact that we have never backed him is irrelevant as it was never going to be the case.

I’d love him to succeed but he is inept in what he has done. We are divided as a fan base, are dropping like a stone down the table and rapidly losing the feel-good we had when the season started.
Tam
StechyBlue
StechyBlue
Thongs
Sack.

Thongs might change my mind, though.

I do feel sorry for him the way the players and fans have been against him since he arrived.

I do feel sorry for the him for the way that the fans have been against him from the start, regardless of anything else. He walked into a perfect storm really.

Its almost like our fans knew it wasn't going to work as if weve seen this before.

Yes, there was some of that definitely, but I think that there's more to it than just that.

I think that there was the anger at the way that Eustace was dismissed, the deflation around the club after new hope had materialised and Rooney being a bit of a Marmite figure himself.

Same as Rowett. (and eustace)

He weren't perfect but he was doing a job with what he had. Sometimes you need that person. We were ticking over nicely.

Rooney wants to do a job that the board have TOLD him to do, with players who cant do it.

John supposedly lost his job because he knew this information.

Anybody would think he knew what he was talking about.

I think that the deflation was more stark with the Rooney situation, as the 'new dawn' was starting to materialise and we were looking forward to huge improvements off the pitch and restored pride in the club, and steady improvement on it, both of which had happened. I know that not everybody was keen on Eustace, but there seemed to be a real feelgood factor around the club, among the fans, walking out of the ground after the Albion game. That had vanished not two days later and the anger was palpable, and some of the vitriol not nice at all.

Absolutely, I get that many had feared another Zola situation, but it was worse than that - Zola at least came in with goodwill and respect for the man himself. Rooney didn't.

Agreed.
Sack

its never going to work now. no manager bounce, shite performances, but that stoke game done it for me, stick with him and there's a real possability he would take us down.
18:05, Mon 1 Jan
I feel these posters saying give him January and some signings are going to be disappointed. 1 that were likely not going to be signing many players due to ffp, and that Rooney and co have demonstrated they don’t have a clue, in which case I don’t think a couple new players is going to improve things much.
18:06, Mon 1 Jan
Back
Tam
18:09, Mon 1 Jan
yeehaw
Back

What makes you feel that way, out of genuine interest, seeing as you're going pretty much against the grain? Do you feel that he can turn it round and make a success of it at Blues, and what gives you that confidence?
Make Blues Great Again
18:09, Mon 1 Jan
Sack asap please!

Yet another shambolic performance all over the pitch.
18:11, Mon 1 Jan
SACK

No Shots, No Possession, No Points..

and plays Burke for 90 minutes today when he he did absolutely F all
18:16, Mon 1 Jan
Quote from b'ham mail:

"I’ve obviously spoken to the owners", Rooney said. “That is private between me and the owners. What’s clear is we need some players in. We need players to come in to help with the quality of the team but also some fresh faces in the building as well. We are going through a difficult period, there’s no denying that, and we need to do everything we can to come out of that.

"I believe in myself. We have a very young squad and it’s difficult for the players at the minute. We have to keep believing we will get through this."

Makes me worry. Surely, SURELY they can't continue to back him? Christ alive, they will destroy all the good-will they continue to generate with off the field stuff. It's lovely and much needed, but it pales in comparison to the decisions you make effecting the men's first team. Rooney was a gamble - an unpopular gamble - which hasn't paid off and is no longer looking like it might at any point. Cook will be forgiven if he sacks him now, but if he waits too long or has the decision taken out of his hands, then nobody will trust Cook going forwards and that's something I really don't want to see, because everything else he's overseen has been fantastic so far.

I'd sacrifice all and any January signings if it meant we sacked Rooney and got a decent replacement in. If they throw money at it now then they're far, far stupider than I thought.
18:16, Mon 1 Jan
Also im talking for my mate who goes to England games, he wants him out.
Also my other mate, his dad and 3 stepbrothers, who all bought a S/T in the GML, a week before they sacked the dvb, 6 games ago they wanted this disaster out.
18:18, Mon 1 Jan
mjd2505
Quote from b'ham mail:

"I’ve obviously spoken to the owners", Rooney said. “That is private between me and the owners. What’s clear is we need some players in. We need players to come in to help with the quality of the team but also some fresh faces in the building as well. We are going through a difficult period, there’s no denying that, and we need to do everything we can to come out of that.

"I believe in myself. We have a very young squad and it’s difficult for the players at the minute. We have to keep believing we will get through this."

Makes me worry. Surely, SURELY they can't continue to back him? Christ alive, they will destroy all the good-will they continue to generate with off the field stuff. It's lovely and much needed, but it pales in comparison to the decisions you make effecting the men's first team. Rooney was a gamble - an unpopular gamble - which hasn't paid off and is no longer looking like it might at any point. Cook will be forgiven if he sacks him now, but if he waits too long or has the decision taken out of his hands, then nobody will trust Cook going forwards and that's something I really don't want to see, because everything else he's overseen has been fantastic so far.

I'd sacrifice all and any January signings if it meant we sacked Rooney and got a decent replacement in. If they throw money at it now then they're far, far stupider than I thought.

You speak for the majority of us I reckon
18:22, Mon 1 Jan
mjd2505
Quote from b'ham mail:

My concern is that it's going to turn out Wagner is less intelligent than we thought, and that he'll continue to fall for Cook telling him Rooney getting it right is just around the corner, week after week.

If Rooney's legitimately confident he isn't going anywhere, we're screwed.